Options

REQUEST: "Just Breathe" in St Louis for William, please

mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
edited July 2022 in The Porch
Never posted a request in here but if there was ever a reason, this is one. Forgive my less than stellar writing.

One of my closest friends, Michael, and his wife are having to pull the plug on their 14yo son today. 

Last Wednesday, William was on the way home from a local Skate park with friends when he was struck by a car. It was quickly apparent the injuries he sustained were insurmountable, and the parents made the decision to donate his organs to try to save other children's lives because "That's what William would have wanted"

Today they are facilitating those organ transfers. 

Everyone says "he was a good kid" when something like this happens, but William was truly one of a kind. He seemingly always had a beaming smile... was the first to befriend kids who may be struggling to connect with peers. William loved to skate, and he and his Father shared a love for Pearl Jam. 

Before all this I had made plans to take Michael to see Pearl Jam in St. Louis. He's a lifelong fan and he's never been able to enjoy the band from GA before... So I wanted to take him.

Last night we were talking and listening to Pearl Jam and the topic of Just Breathe came up, and how the upcoming show was likely to be cathartic. That song in particular has taken on a new meaning for him in the wake of this tragedy. 

I'm not sure how these requests work, but it would be incredible for Mike if the guys could find a way to squeeze "Just Breathe" into the set for William on St Louis. ❤️

(He is unaware of this request)

Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
Post edited by mattsavard on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 692
    So sorry to hear this news. Kudos to the family on the organ donation. I cannot begin to understand the grief they must be going through. Hope all remain strong.