Rage Against The Machine

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I would go every fucking night to MSG...they are going to destroy NYC
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    I have tickets to night 1. Let’s see what happens. I remember when u2 played 8 shows in 2015. I had night 1 and 8. Long story short, I went to all 8. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have tickets to night 1. Let’s see what happens. I remember when u2 played 8 shows in 2015. I had night 1 and 8. Long story short, I went to all 8. 
    If those tix weren't over priced I would have gone to one but all 8?  Damn son...
    nicknyr15 said:
    If those tix weren't over priced I would have gone to one but all 8?  Damn son...
    Yup. Worth it though. I loved that tour and the place was rocking every night. Especially night 8
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    nicknyr15 said:
    goldrush said:
    mrussel1 said:
    KICK7071 said:
    mikesbri said:
    Totally blown away at last night show in TO.  These guys were on fire and looked like they gave all that they had.  If you have a chance to go don't think twice.

Was an amazing show last night, they def left nothing on the stage. Even with Zac immobile!
    There are some acts like older hardcore bands that the edge is lost.  I'm not going to see Wattie perform w the Exploited because it doesn't have that same oomph behind it.

I wonder if the lack of touring has made these songs still somewhat fresh to them?
    To Zac for sure. The band has been playing at least the more popular Rage songs as Prophets of Range and Audioslave.

As I said before....I saw both Chicago shows and they might be the best two concerts I've ever seen. Just in your face for 90 minutes
    Does that Tom guy still play guitar decently?
    Flawless. He doesn't seem to miss a lick or effect
    Even when Tom is crash tackled off the stage by security it doesn't faze him!
    Check out 1 minute into the video:

https://youtu.be/HgYOLtTdfy4
    Good save by the security guard but sacrificed the person he was trying to save.

Dude was quick and was on it though.

First Zach hurts his foot, then this happens to Tom. Kinda funny, but not really

Wish they would have made up the Camden date :angry:
    Come to MsG!!

yeah that's tempting. Only night that is doable for me though would be a Saturday night.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    nicknyr15 said:
    goldrush said:
    mrussel1 said:
    KICK7071 said:
    mikesbri said:
    Totally blown away at last night show in TO.  These guys were on fire and looked like they gave all that they had.  If you have a chance to go don't think twice.

Was an amazing show last night, they def left nothing on the stage. Even with Zac immobile!
    There are some acts like older hardcore bands that the edge is lost.  I'm not going to see Wattie perform w the Exploited because it doesn't have that same oomph behind it.

I wonder if the lack of touring has made these songs still somewhat fresh to them?
    To Zac for sure. The band has been playing at least the more popular Rage songs as Prophets of Range and Audioslave.

As I said before....I saw both Chicago shows and they might be the best two concerts I've ever seen. Just in your face for 90 minutes
    Does that Tom guy still play guitar decently?
    Flawless. He doesn't seem to miss a lick or effect
    Even when Tom is crash tackled off the stage by security it doesn't faze him!
    Check out 1 minute into the video:

https://youtu.be/HgYOLtTdfy4
    Good save by the security guard but sacrificed the person he was trying to save.

Dude was quick and was on it though.

First Zach hurts his foot, then this happens to Tom. Kinda funny, but not really

Wish they would have made up the Camden date :angry:
    Come to MsG!!

yeah that's tempting. Only night that is doable for me though would be a Saturday night.
    I’d make it happen no matter what. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    mickeyrat said:

Leave it to Rage Against the Machine to find a clever way to funnel wealth into good causes. Hopefully other artists follow their lead!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    so I just ran through the setlists.

they've started doing a RTJ cover in their set?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    The show last night was outstanding.  Such energy like it was 25 years ago.  
    mickeyrat said:
    so I just ran through the setlists.

they've started doing a RTJ cover in their set?
    Close your Eyes is a song that Zach would come out and join RTJ for but since they are headlining this makes sense.

Awesome song.  Glad it was added and I'm looking forward to hearing it.

"sippin on my bitches brew"...
    That’s fucking awesome!!!! Especially since it was added and didn’t replace anything in the set. Man I am so amped for this show. 
    MayDay10 said:
    The show last night was outstanding.  Such energy like it was 25 years ago.  
    Township, Calm, Close your Eyes and Rodeo would all do it for me.  If you got Ashes or No Shelter I'd have gone apey.

Good setlist.
    edited July 2022
    34 hours!!!!!

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    Have fun mr Rat!!
    Loujoe said:
    Have fun mr Rat!!

54th bday and finally seeing them for the 1st after having tix for 3 fucking years.....

will be stone cold sober.....

its gonna rock!!

mickeyrat said:
    Loujoe said:
    Have fun mr Rat!!

54th bday and finally seeing them for the 1st after having tix for 3 fucking years.....

its gonna rock!!
    Tonight you go right?
    mickeyrat said:
    Loujoe said:
    Have fun mr Rat!!

its gonna rock!!
    Tonight you go right?

on the way up now..... sorta. stopped for breakfast.

doing an AA tour through Akron sites then up to the show.....

CANNOT WAIT FOR APRIL....

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    people claiming they should be called Rage With The Machine can eat crow. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

one show. maybe a third of GA left open. beside the soundboard and back. otherwise packed .....

Counting down the days to 8/8. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    With all the CRT discourse and classroom regulation, I can’t believe they aren’t playing Take The Power Back. Maybe in Florida.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mickeyrat said:

one show. maybe a third of GA left open. beside the soundboard and back. otherwise packed .....
    I'm not following...
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

With all the CRT discourse and classroom regulation, I can’t believe they aren’t playing Take The Power Back. Maybe in Florida.

they do. and did in Cleveland. alternating setlist

mickeyrat said:

I'm not following...

Buffalo did like 60k. pair of TO shows did like 192k.

Cleveland wasnt sold out. At least not GA. This show did well for charity tix.....

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    nicknyr15 said:
    That’s fucking awesome!!!! Especially since it was added and didn’t replace anything in the set. Man I am so amped for this show. 
    You’ll love it if you enjoy right in your face non stop energy.  Even with the broken leg he was able to really get everyone going.  It was really, really good.  So happy I went!  Have fun!!!! 
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    And don’t miss RTJ.  They were awesome as well!  
    And don’t miss RTJ.  They were awesome as well!  
    Oh I won’t! I got put on to them by Jack white! He had them open up his show at msg years ago and I was instantly hooked.