Options

Ed/Glen story from 2012 - RVM in Amsterdam

10 years ago, on July 24th 2012 I got the chance to play with Glen Hansard during his solo show in Amsterdam (see videos below) prior to him opening for Eddie Vedder on the 25th and 26th. After the concert I met him outside the venue - he instantly hugged me and said something like "Man, you kicked ass!" Even more funny: "When I saw you wearing that Frank Zappa shirt I thought 'This guy is not bluffing!'" :D

After Eddie's second show I had to give up my rather naive dream of being invited onstage. Funnily enough he mentioned Zappa during one of his speeches. When later we met Eddie in the back of the Carree Theatre I said: "I was supposed to play piano tonight!" He, to my surprise, said "Oh, YOU were the guy! ... I didn't wanna embarrass you", referring to the pump organ on stage, probably because of it needing air supply with a foot pedal...and Eddie not being sure if I'd be able to operate it properly without prior experience with that instrument.

I still may be naive...but if that's the reason for me not having been invited on stage let me tell you: Eddie...I am a much better guitar player than I am a piano player :) ...and I sing!

My dream is to play, sing and jam "Rearviewmirror" with the band. I promise to bring my own guitar pick! ;) - I'll attend the shows in Vienna, Prague and Amsterdam...the first Amsterdam show, of course, would be perfect, being the day of the 10th anniversary of the story above.

So...can you...and you and you...and also YOU make my dream come true and somehow forward this so the band becomes aware of it? I will play my ass off for y'all ❤

https://youtu.be/raOcnnxGzro

#Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague

Comments

• Options
    GetALifeGetALife Posts: 553
    PS: I just noticed that I'm wearing the mentioned Zappa shirt in my profile picture :D
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague