IS THIS YOUR HAT? July 9, 1995 Summerfest night 2

SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 245
edited July 2022 in The Porch
Did you give your Sonics hat to me at Milwaukee Summerfest, night 2 on 7/9/95? 

Folks, this is a long shot, but I'm searching for the owner of this hat. Today is the 27 year anniversary of my first PJ show (of more than 100), Milwaukee Summerfest 1995, night 2..

Before Eddie took the stage with the Frogs, a guy approached me in my 10c, 3rd row seat and asked if I would toss his prized Sonics hat on stage. He explaimed he had been wearing it for a long time. It meant a lot to him, and all he wanted was for it to end up close to Ed. I told him I would try, but I wasn't willing to get kicked out, or disrupt the show. He asked me to consider it, then he took the cap off and handed it to me. Thanking me profusely, he walked off. I placed the hat on the floor with my poster under my seat. Once the show started, I was so blown away, I forgot about the hat. Hours later, during Porch, Ed wandered out toward the crowd and someone tossed him a hat. He tossed it back to them. Then Ed walked over near me, I remembered the kid's hat, so I dropped to my knees and frantically felt around for it on the floor. It was dark and people were jumping like crazy during Mike's solo as Ed approached. Amazingly, I felt the hat, on the ground with my hand, and jumped up with it, just as Ed stood in front of me. I tossed it like a Frisbee, and Ed caught it! He put it on his head for a few seconds, then tossed it right back to me. You can see this all go down on the YouTube video of the show. Anyway, I have had the hat for nearly 30 years now, and would love to give it back to whoever is the rightful owner. I want you to know that Ed held it, wore it, and tossed it back to me. I've held it in high regard amongst my PJ concert stuff collection, along with a tambourine Ed threw me in Camden in '06 and a pack of baseball cards Mike tossed me in Pittsburgh in '03.

If this is your hat, dm me and I will ask you to further describe aspects of this hat, that only you and I would know. Would love to give this to you at an upcoming fall show. 

Thanks for listening, and if you havent yet done so, please check out this show as it is one of the greats. It is still in my top 5 all time.. Amazing set. Everyone was on fire. It is peak PJ 1995. Check out Mike's performance on Maggot Brain / Little Wing. Ed's angry rant before Not for You. They opened with Act of Love, there's extended Black with more face melting from Mike. Chad Smith sat in. Jack was rocking. I could go on. 

90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
Post edited by Soybeans on

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Not my hat but that’s an amazing story.  Hope it finds its way home!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    Awesome story.  Also, make this a Vault show!
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Not my hat. Just bumping this because it's a great story and needs more views. Let us know if that hat ever makes it back to its owner.
  • SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 245
    Whelp,  today is the day...again.  I'm here for the yearly bump.  You out there,  bro? 
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    Sure hat person saw it all go down at the show. Nice work.
  • TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    Loujoe said:
    Sure hat person saw it all go down at the show. Nice work.
    Actually the person thought it was the 1st hat then left the show disgusted by the poor fate of his cap. Last time we saw him he was running the Good Charlotte fan club, lost track since..
    Hope it helped.

Amazing story, needs a happy end.