The Darwin Awards

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
edited July 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
The irony of this website is that the unpleasant, misanthropic turds who spend their time trawling the Internet for specious press "details" of actually unironic but nonetheless ill-advised accidental deaths are unquestionably too busy compiling annals of misfortune to get their leg over (thus removing themselves from the gene pool).

Rant over.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    The irony of this website is that the unpleasant, misanthropic turds who spend their time trawling the Internet for specious press "details" of actually unironic but nonetheless ill-advised accidental deaths are unquestionably too busy compiling annals of misfortune to get their leg over (thus removing themselves from the gene pool).

Rant over.

so are you a fan or what?
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    long red wrote:
    so are you a fan or what?

Probably. I had a strange compulsion to read Hillaryis44, last month.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Love the books. They make the best bathroom reading material ever! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • DopeBeastieDopeBeastie Posts: 2,513

Rant over.

which is a good thing! i am daily astounded by the abundance of free-flowing ill-will most participants in this planetary community seem to effuse. definitely unpleasant and altoghether not cool.
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    I love reading the Darwin Awards, News of the Weird, etc. type articles and books. I appreciate that they spend the time to compile those stories that give me a laugh.
  • Sorry, the Darwin Awards are great. The movie was good too.

Don't do things that are blatantly stupid and you'll be fine. Also, I am pretty sure that an obsession is not a deterrent to getting laid. All of us are on here all day and we all seem to get laid judging by the amount of sex threads.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    File this one under, "Oh come on, really?  You did what?"

Woman gored by bison in Yellowstone national park

Ohio woman, 25, was tossed 10ft in air after getting close to female bison on boardwalk

An Ohio woman was gored by a bison after approaching the animal while visiting Yellowstone national park in Wyoming, park officials said on Tuesday.

The 25-year-old was visiting the national park from Grove City, Ohio, about 20 minutes outside Columbus.

Park officials say the woman, whose name has not been released, got within 10ft of the female bison on a nearby boardwalk. The animal then gored her and tossed her 10ft in the air.

She was treated by park emergency medical staff onsite and later transferred to Eastern Idaho regional medical center via ambulance with a puncture wound and other injuries.

Two other people were within 25ft of the same bison, but it is unclear if they were hurt.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    brianlux said:

Ohio woman, 25, was tossed 10ft in air after getting close to female bison on boardwalk

An Ohio woman was gored by a bison after approaching the animal while visiting Yellowstone national park in Wyoming, park officials said on Tuesday.

The 25-year-old was visiting the national park from Grove City, Ohio, about 20 minutes outside Columbus.

Park officials say the woman, whose name has not been released, got within 10ft of the female bison on a nearby boardwalk. The animal then gored her and tossed her 10ft in the air.

She was treated by park emergency medical staff onsite and later transferred to Eastern Idaho regional medical center via ambulance with a puncture wound and other injuries.

Two other people were within 25ft of the same bison, but it is unclear if they were hurt.

Of course she was from Ohio. 🙄
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Oh man I used to love these things.  Please add more!!!
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    deadendp said:
    brianlux said:

So unfortunate. This story is posted 2 or 3 times per year (with different morons, of course) and the bison are then put down because of it. Why must humans be so careless and dumb? 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    deadendp said:
    brianlux said:

So unfortunate. This story is posted 2 or 3 times per year (with different morons, of course) and the bison are then put down because of it. Why must humans be so careless and dumb? 
    I see it w the bears, moose, elk, pick one.

I want these people to go and hand feed sharks.  That should go over well.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    deadendp said:
    brianlux said:

I see it w the bears, moose, elk, pick one.

I want these people to go and hand feed sharks.  That should go over well.

Even smaller wildlife like bobcats.  "Oh, they're so cute!"  Yeah but...!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.