Options

Some suggestions on boots to buy ...

slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
edited February 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Kind of lost track of the 2006 boots after the American tour. Which 2 or 3 boots from Europe are most worth buying and why?

Strange covers?
Exemplary setlists?
Spot-on performances?
Cool Ed banter?

I need some suggestions.
everybody wants the most they can possibly get
for the least they could possibly do
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Hey there. :)

My suggestion to you is MILANO!!!!!!
    Actually it's not a suggestion..it's an order. :p YOU MUST OWN THIS BOOT! Everyone must. It's one of the most amazing ones out there. I have a lot of boots from the 2006 Euro tour but this is easily the one I listen to the most.

This crowd = EPIC & absolutely earth-shattering. :eek:
    So loud it's scary!!! It's unreal. You will honestly find yourself , not only so incredibly PROUD, but also in a constant state of shock and disbelief. "Loud" doesn't even begin to explain all this!

Stand out performances...

DAUGHTER/Another brick in the Wall. This is it right here! This...is..it! Filled to the brim with massive chill-inducing chants. It will leave your jaw plastered to the ground. Seriously. The first time I heard it I literally screamed "what the fuck?" at my computer screen. haha. Guarenteed to blow your mind.

FAITHFULL!!!! No explanation necessary. I mean come on, it's FAITHFULL!! Well ok I'll just add that the epic crowd shines super bright on this one too. :D

MAN OF THE HOUR! Damn. One of the greatest versions I've ever heard. Flawless! Even more touching than usual too since we are all convinced it was done by a very special request from someone here on the pit. :) That definitely adds to this version's magic, as does the fact that it's just totally unexpected and appears way early in the set, 10 songs in right after I Am Mine. A very, very special version for many reasons.

PICTURE IN A FRAME! The first apperance of this gorgeous cover. Eddie dedicates it to "the love of his life". *tears* He sounds like a fuckin angel! Makes me weak in the knees everytime. :o It's just so unbelievably beautiful and is followed up with PARACHUTES! My god. Talk about back to back bliss!

BLACK! I made a thread about this version. UNREAL!. :o

This boot must be heard to be believed...
    and even then......
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    You can always count on Vedhead27 to put in a good word for Milano :)
    I was there, and I approve :)

I wasn't there, but the Black tag on the Vienna boot always gets me. It was also the only time Off He Goes was played in Europe, if I remember correctly.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    jersey1 and 2
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    jersey1 and 2

thanks for the input ... but since when did Europe annex Jersey? Did we lose a war?
  • Options
    thanks for the input ... but since when did Europe annex Jersey? Did we lose a war?
    haha, didnt see u meant europe boots. well for the europe boots get paris and marseilles

• Options
    haha, didnt see u meant europe boots. well for the europe boots get paris and marseilles

for what it's worth I already own one of the Jersey boots. And it is excellent.
  • Options

christ! dont get marseille unless you wanna hear some idiot shouting "eddie vedder, eddie vedder" in between every song nearly, fuckin well annoying!!!!

errrrr.............anyway, i'd go for pistoia or torino where they played the whole album right thru, now thats unusual!!!!!
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    djerdap wrote:
    Zagreb - the first encore Thin Air-Thumbing My Way-All or None is breathtaking. Education, Gimme Some Truth and In Hiding as well are pleasant surprises.

YES! I definitely agree that this one is another must have. Look at that! All those songs on the same set?:eek: I still can’t believe it! I love this boot. Thin Air becomes a huuuuuge clapfest/sing along. It’s so beautiful!

I also have to recommend PRAGUE! The “MAN” 5-some. Deadman, Man of the Hour, Nothingman, Leatherman, Betterman.
    Honestly though, it’s worth it simply for NOTHINGMAN alone. :o Damn! There are no words to properly describe how stunningly gorgeous this is! Crystal clear heaven! Band and crowd alike are equally drop dead gorgeous. Wait till you hear the crowd singing along!? *faints* Everything about this version is beyond perfect! *chills&tears*

I love the way the show starts too... opens with MFC then goes right into Last Exit, Animal, Life Wasted. Such an awesome way to kick things off!

BU$HLEAGUER and a scorching version of ALONE are just a few other reasons why I recommend this bad boy.

hehe and meme you're so right. I'm in love with MILANO and will praise it every chance I get. :)
    You can always count on that. ;)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Which is better Prague or Zagreb?
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    christ! dont get marseille unless you wanna hear some idiot shouting "eddie vedder, eddie vedder" in between every song nearly, fuckin well annoying!!!!
    dude it was like 5 songs, i think they told him to stop.he sounded like he was dying

• Options
    mole1985 wrote:
    Which is better Prague or Zagreb

Eeek!
    Well I'd have to go with Zagreb.

Or hey, maybe Zagreb with a side of Nothingman from Prague? :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    VEDHEAD27 has this down to a fine art my pics would be

Zagreb
    Prague
    Milan

VD27... I got the San Fran DVD the one where ed forgets the 'fuckin' song, which one's that... III? Good shit.

Euro... You MUST also get the Reading DVD. I can only pray the forthcoming tour DVD includes Zagreb Porch and All or None.
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Berlin ! Think Ed´s voice never sounded better ! One of his best performances ever ! Setlist was average but the sound is awesome.
  • Options
    burtschips wrote:

Zagreb
    Prague
    Milan

VD27... I got the San Fran DVD the one where ed forgets the 'fuckin' song, which one's that... III? Good shit.

Euro... You MUST also get the Reading DVD. I can only pray the forthcoming tour DVD includes Zagreb Porch and All or None.

Hey, I was at that SF show. How can I get a copy of that DVD?

It was SF II, btw
  • Options
    Hey, I was at that SF show. How can I get a copy of that DVD?

It was SF II, btw

I got it off a norwegian friend... I'll find out if she got it off the internet, it's the best quality fan dvd i've seen, very good. if it's not on the net i could copy and post to you.
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    burtschips wrote:
    I got it off a norwegian friend... I'll find out if she got it off the internet, it's the best quality fan dvd i've seen, very good. if it's not on the net i could copy and post to you.

That would be awesome. It was an great night.
  • Options
    ok, apparently the SFII DVD is still up on 'youkan' , if you know what that is..!, i think you would need an invite to download it but if you pm a board member with the nick 'pinon' she can give you an invite.

don't think i can copy it for you as i remembered dvd formats are different in the states and europe, i've tried that for an american friend in the past, who got all excited about getting the dvd then tried to play it and nothin! unless you have a player that handle both formats...
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    burtschips wrote:

Zagreb
    Prague
    Milan
    You speak wise, my firend ;)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Hey there. :)

My suggestion to you is MILANO!!!!!!
    Actually it's not a suggestion..it's an order. :p YOU MUST OWN THIS BOOT! Everyone must. It's one of the most amazing ones out there. I have a lot of boots from the 2006 Euro tour but this is easily the one I listen to the most.

This crowd = EPIC & absolutely earth-shattering. :eek:
    So loud it's scary!!! It's unreal. You will honestly find yourself , not only so incredibly PROUD, but also in a constant state of shock and disbelief. "Loud" doesn't even begin to explain all this!

Stand out performances...

DAUGHTER/Another brick in the Wall. This is it right here! This...is..it! Filled to the brim with massive chill-inducing chants. It will leave your jaw plastered to the ground. Seriously. The first time I heard it I literally screamed "what the fuck?" at my computer screen. haha. Guarenteed to blow your mind.

FAITHFULL!!!! No explanation necessary. I mean come on, it's FAITHFULL!! Well ok I'll just add that the epic crowd shines super bright on this one too. :D

MAN OF THE HOUR! Damn. One of the greatest versions I've ever heard. Flawless! Even more touching than usual too since we are all convinced it was done by a very special request from someone here on the pit. :) That definitely adds to this version's magic, as does the fact that it's just totally unexpected and appears way early in the set, 10 songs in right after I Am Mine. A very, very special version for many reasons.

PICTURE IN A FRAME! The first apperance of this gorgeous cover. Eddie dedicates it to "the love of his life". *tears* He sounds like a fuckin angel! Makes me weak in the knees everytime. :o It's just so unbelievably beautiful and is followed up with PARACHUTES! My god. Talk about back to back bliss!

BLACK! I made a thread about this version. UNREAL!. :o

This boot must be heard to be believed...
    and even then......

DUDE.....you rule:)
    You 100% right...Milano is one of the best, amazing one...just awesome.
    And Zagreb is great too.
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    djerdap wrote:

Lisbon II - An epic setlist, again an incredible audience

"anyone who knows anything" would make sure they have this show..!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford