Star Wars May the 4th be with you (Spoilers)

Comments

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    Gonna watch but a buddy who loves Boba told me he didn't like and laughed at fat, old, Boba 
    Boba Fat
    Bubba Fett
    Bulbous Fett
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    Hobbes said:
    Gonna watch but a buddy who loves Boba told me he didn't like and laughed at fat, old, Boba 
    Boba Fat
    Bubba Fett
    Bulbous Fett
    Haha
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Fett and bulbous!

Bulbous. Also tapered. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,266
    I miss igotid88
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    edited May 2022
    The Obi Wan trailer looks great. High hopes. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,919
    igotid88 said:
    Gave me nothing.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Hell yes.  I was really hoping they would bring back the team for an Obi Wan movie. 

Now I need to find some way to watch it that doesn't involve a subscription.
    Only caught the first of two Kenobi episodes that dropped this morning but LOVED what I saw. 

edited May 2022
    Only caught the first of two Kenobi episodes that dropped last day but it was not something I LOVED.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,265
    edited May 2022
    I watched the first 2 episodes of Obi Wan and I already like it more than The Book of Boba Fett
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    I'm glad to hear it getting better reviews than Boba Fatt.  I've not watched that one.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Episode 2 wasn't as strong I didn't think. I never really like the stubborn child causes problems trope we see so often on TV and that was used big-time here. 

Also, there are potential canon problems all over the place in EP 2, but Star Wars canon annoys me so this was less of a concern. 

More importantly… Flea!

(Tim Rogers)
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,812
    Watched both episodes of Obi-Wan last night. Some of it was over the top, but I liked it overall. 
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    I agree it has its issues, but I’m still smiling about the character I didn’t even consider we’d see (even if it does follow tropes, I won’t say anything more at this point, lol).
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    Book of Boba Fett sucked, it is what it is. It wasn’t unwatchable, but story wise just didn’t have it. 

I liked OWK… couldn’t agree more w/ Jimmy about the stubborn child trope, but I still enjoyed it. 

I never watched Rebels… am I correct in thinking Obi Wan is in that, & has a final duel w/ Darth Maul in that show?
    This looks better than Obi-Wan:

https://youtu.be/j5UX1Adanis
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,266
    I liked Ming-Na. 
    I miss igotid88

(Tim Rogers)
    This looks better than Obi-Wan:

https://youtu.be/j5UX1Adanis
    Andor does look good, and I’m looking forward to Ahsoka as well. I think Boba Fett had some cool moments, but it tried to do way too much with a character that was only in the movies for like 5 minutes. The best episode was the one he wasn’t in!

Also, I really can’t stand Grogu! The way they make him walk just looks like a child’s toy being moved around. He just bounces off the ground and spoils the scenes.

(Tim Rogers)
    Book of Boba Fett sucked, it is what it is. It wasn’t unwatchable, but story wise just didn’t have it. 

I liked OWK… couldn’t agree more w/ Jimmy about the stubborn child trope, but I still enjoyed it. 

I never watched Rebels… am I correct in thinking Obi Wan is in that, & has a final duel w/ Darth Maul in that show?
    Yes - Kenobi appears a few times and has a final battle with Maul. It's not very long and can probably be found on YouTube. Maul appears many times in both Clone Wars and Rebels, and became a much more interesting character along the way. In Phantom Menace he looked so cool but there wasn't a lot to him. 

He didn't need that much to him. 

Darth Maul was the coolest and most hype thing about Episode I. He should have been kept through that trilogy and be the one killed off by Anaakin in some "there can only be one master and one apprentice"-thing. 

What was the point of having him killed to have old-man christopher Lee have to CG fight in part 2 (and part 3?) instead.... pointlessssssss
    Agreed. 

The under development and utilization of Darth Maul in the live action films was frustrating.

Not unlike the killing of Snoke in TLJ; those characters had way too much potential to be discarded so prematurely. 
  • This may just be a problem for me, but I found it distracting to have Flea as a character. I realize that he's been in a few films (We believe in nothing Lebowski!), but for some reason it took me out of the story a little bit. Nice to see Ewan back as OWK.

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

edited May 2022
    This may just be a problem for me, but I found it distracting to have Flea as a character. I realize that he's been in a few films (We believe in nothing Lebowski!), but for some reason it took me out of the story a little bit. Nice to see Ewan back as OWK.
    Agreed. 
    I liked the Mandalorian cameos by John Leguizamo & Horatio Sanz, where they aren’t easily recognizable, or in JL’s instance, at all. 
    Flea’s was a bit much IMO. 
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,418
    We went to the Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim this past weekend.

Saw a great panel discussion with   

Jon Favreau

Dave Filoni

Pedro Pascal

Giancarlo Esposito

Carl Weathers

Temuera Morrison

Rosario Dawson

There was so much demand that they held the panel in a 9,000 seat arena attached to the convention center.  None of the guests were announced in advance except for Favreau & Filoni, so the crowd went crazy when they introduced everyone else.

A Star Wars nerd's dream come true!

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,961
    So these new Star Wars projects seem to be a lot of filler and not along the book story lines.

Disney may want someone to write these stories that knows the history and not just make up a formula...

The last 3 movies, while I liked parts of them, they aren't something I'd go back and watch sans the final battle w Kylo.  
    Madalorians last 5 minutes is what made that series.  I have no reason to watch any more of it.
    Haven't watched Boba Fett yet as a fan I never wanted it made...
    Rogue One was the most interesting movie they have done in the last 2 trilogy's.  The final minutes of that is what made it interesting though too.

The most interesting arc I can see is Luke training the young Jedi and then having Kylo kill them all.  It's a repeat from Episode3 but still would be interesting to watch if they can do it right.
    So these new Star Wars projects seem to be a lot of filler and not along the book story lines.

Disney may want someone to write these stories that knows the history and not just make up a formula...

The last 3 movies, while I liked parts of them, they aren't something I'd go back and watch sans the final battle w Kylo.  
    Madalorians last 5 minutes is what made that series.  I have no reason to watch any more of it.
    Rogue One was the most interesting movie they have done in the last 2 trilogy's.  The final minutes of that is what made it interesting though too.

The most interesting arc I can see is Luke training the young Jedi and then having Kylo kill them all.  It's a repeat from Episode3 but still would be interesting to watch if they can do it right.
    I enjoyed Mandalorian very much, and am looking forward to S3. Sure, at times it was campy and had poor writing, but that's the SW universe. 

As mentioned, I'm down on Boba Fett. IMO you're not missing much by not watching. (except for the later episodes that advance the Mandalorian storyline, but if you're not interested in that either, well there you go - there's also some fun scenes of Luke training Grogu, so if you want that kind of content, you may want to check out one or two of those episodes)

I haven't watched E3 of Obi Wan yet, but the first episode was great. The second, not so much, but they can't all be bangers, I'm interested to see where it goes, it has a lot of potential.  

I also agree, R1 is the best movie they've made at least since ROTJ, but I genuinely liked the whole movie. As a stand alone story, I think it holds its own and also holds up under repeat viewings. 

Despite enjoying Obi Wan so far, in the end I want more R1 / Mandalorian type material. I'm looking forward to Andor... there's a whole galaxy of characters and stories to explore, let's get the hell away from the Skywalker storyline and start exploring other angles. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,961

I enjoyed Mandalorian very much, and am looking forward to S3. Sure, at times it was campy and had poor writing, but that's the SW universe. 

As mentioned, I'm down on Boba Fett. IMO you're not missing much by not watching. (except for the later episodes that advance the Mandalorian storyline, but if you're not interested in that either, well there you go - there's also some fun scenes of Luke training Grogu, so if you want that kind of content, you may want to check out one or two of those episodes)

I haven't watched E3 of Obi Wan yet, but the first episode was great. The second, not so much, but they can't all be bangers, I'm interested to see where it goes, it has a lot of potential.  

I also agree, R1 is the best movie they've made at least since ROTJ, but I genuinely liked the whole movie. As a stand alone story, I think it holds its own and also holds up under repeat viewings. 

Despite enjoying Obi Wan so far, in the end I want more R1 / Mandalorian type material. I'm looking forward to Andor... there's a whole galaxy of characters and stories to explore, let's get the hell away from the Skywalker storyline and start exploring other angles. 
    Everything leads back to Skywalker, lol.

So you could have a cool Jabba series but it would have to not be a kids show.
    Wookie saga.  Would sure be a lot of subtitles though...
    Yoda.  He was what 700 years old?  He had to wait all those years to reach the prophecy of Skywalker, lol.
    Episode 7 started off great.  Cool new villain, interesting heroin back story, stormtrooper back story and they went and ruined it by letting someone who writes movies and not a fan, do the damn things...  Saying this as it would be interesting to see Finn storylines but then it goes against, which it did, all clones being troopers.  It kind of erased all of the previous trilogy story lines...
    Jedi.  Why can't they make something up on the Jedi alone?  There hasn't been one movie that has shown their dominance that they so called possessed.  Hell the Emperor was so bad ass that he controlled the entire senate and fooled Yoda...  He also hid an entire armada in another dimension.  Try that shit out Rey!

I forgot to mention The Bad Batch.  That I was thoroughly enjoying.  Sure it's a cartoon but I really enjoyed it.  Need to get my Disney account back so I can catch up on some things.

Everything leads back to Skywalker, lol.

So you could have a cool Jabba series but it would have to not be a kids show.
    Wookie saga.  Would sure be a lot of subtitles though...
    Yoda.  He was what 700 years old?  He had to wait all those years to reach the prophecy of Skywalker, lol.
    Episode 7 started off great.  Cool new villain, interesting heroin back story, stormtrooper back story and they went and ruined it by letting someone who writes movies and not a fan, do the damn things...  Saying this as it would be interesting to see Finn storylines but then it goes against, which it did, all clones being troopers.  It kind of erased all of the previous trilogy story lines...
    Jedi.  Why can't they make something up on the Jedi alone?  There hasn't been one movie that has shown their dominance that they so called possessed.  Hell the Emperor was so bad ass that he controlled the entire senate and fooled Yoda...  He also hid an entire armada in another dimension.  Try that shit out Rey!

I forgot to mention The Bad Batch.  That I was thoroughly enjoying.  Sure it's a cartoon but I really enjoyed it.  Need to get my Disney account back so I can catch up on some things.
    I say get away from Jabba, Yoda, & all the other characters we know altogether. (& no thanks on a wookie storyline - clone storylines don't really do it for me either, I struggled to watch much of the Clone Wars)

There was a comic book back in the day, Knights of the Old Republic I think, that took place centuries before the Skywalker saga. Go back there, get to the origins of the Jedi & the Sith. That's the stuff I want more of.