First Leg 2022 Pearl Jam posters

Comments

• AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    SHZA said:
    Vegas poster sold out. Guess the horse is the only AP still available 
    This should be to the surprise of no one. Well, maybe mrtsurt. That dude.
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    The Oakland 2 by Evangeline Gallagher was by far the nicest poster of leg 1 in my opinion. And her EV NYC was one of the best as well. I hope they keep her in the rotation moving forward for all future EV/PJ tours.

Honorable mentions were the San Diego Ward Sutton poster and Los Angeles Zeb Love.

Those are my top 3 of this leg...

Hopefully we will also see Emek, Munk One, Sperry and Pendleton on this tour. 
    If Sperry ends up being one of the artist for the second leg of the US tour, that'll be the third kick in the nuts I'll have received this year from this tour. First kick to the nuts was when Ziegler returned for his second shot at fucking up another Bay Area poster, and he didn't disappoint. The second was the cancelation of my final two shows and learning that Krusen would've played Sac. Blah. 
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Go Animal said:

I wonder if he was trying to tie in an EDC theme with this design? Personally I think he could of done something with a Fear & Loathing vibe to it seeing he used a Hunter S. Thiompson quote on the back. 

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
  • FlyBono24FlyBono24 Posts: 90
    demetrios said:
    Interesting how we got a poster for Vegas but never got a t-shirt or stickers photo leaked...
  • terrym08terrym08 Posts: 370
    FlyBono24 said:
    demetrios said:
    Interesting how we got a poster for Vegas but never got a t-shirt or stickers photo leaked...
    did we get stickers or pins for Sacramento?
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    Gallagher AP arrived in Pennsylvania today 
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072
    edited May 2022

^ Hot!
    This beauty just arrived! :)

It's going up for sale tomorrow @ the 10club store.
  • pearljamsam97pearljamsam97 Fargo, North Dakota Posts: 25
    Klausen - PHX - S/N... arrived in North Dakota today.
    Why do they charge $20 shipping on a $45 poster??!
    edited May 2022
    FlyBono24 said:
    Better Q: Why are they $10 more dollars when the 2020 and older ones remain $35? Answers other than inflation only. (Because, ultimately, if inflation was the REAL reason, then i'd imagine they should and would raise the prices of everything sitting in the shop.)
    Post edited by AfghanTwilight on
    If you’re concerned about $10, you could just…..not buy one?
    edited May 2022
    KM73780 said:
    If you’re concerned about $10, you could just…..not buy one?
    Same with the $20 per poster shipping. Are you here to bully the pulpit in defense of inflation? At the end of the day, it's an extra $30 per poster.
    Post edited by AfghanTwilight on
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072
    Not sure it's due to inflation but rather the market of what other bands charge for posters. $45 is still less than Tool charges for instance. If people don't buy them at $45 I suppose they'll print less or drop the price. Let's be honest though, if any of these were actually good, they could charge much more and have no problem selling out. 
    SHZA said:
    Not sure it's due to inflation but rather the market of what other bands charge for posters. $45 is still less than Tool charges for instance. If people don't buy them at $45 I suppose they'll print less or drop the price. Let's be honest though, if any of these were actually good, they could charge much more and have no problem selling out. 
    100%
    SHZA said:
    I was at the OMD concert the other night, and they were selling their posters for $50 each.
    BUT.... the posters were signed by everyone in the band.  So in that case it's worth it.
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    FlyBono24 said:
    Better Q: Why are they $10 more dollars when the 2020 and older ones remain $35? Answers other than inflation only. (Because, ultimately, if inflation was the REAL reason, then i'd imagine they should and would raise the prices of everything sitting in the shop.)
    Paper costs have gone berserk since 2020. And the ones in the shop were likely printed when paper prices were cheaper.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    Sarava said:
    FlyBono24 said:
    Paper costs have gone berserk since 2020. And the ones in the shop were likely printed when paper prices were cheaper.
    Give these guys a call.  Ask for Dwight.  He’ll give you a great deal on your next order. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• ImcoffeegirlImcoffeegirl Posts: 174
    demetrios said:
    Thank you! 
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,327
    SHZA said:
    Bingo. Do I buy a poster at every Pearl Jam show I attend? Yes. Are Pearl Jam's posters, by and large, uglier than other rock band posters? Yes (doesn't mean I'll stop buying them). We fawn over prints like the cracker jack, kong, and the 98s because we rarely get basic designs like that that aren't over the top, offensively ornate, or containing skulls/man-pigs. The Gallagher print is lovely but when that is far and away the winner for best poster of the tour, we've clearly set the bar very low. There are lots of great artists but I do, selfishly, miss the days where the posters were mostly done by Ames, Munk One, and Klausen. This is all just my personal opinion...I'm not naive enough to think that art isn't subjective and that everyone's tastes aren't different.
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    Rating these a generous 4/10. Curious as to inventory levels. Were posters gone within 5 mins of doors opening? Were they sold out from the stands before doors opened? (Selfishly, my new years resolution is to not spend 6+ hours in line before a show and miss out on whatever wonderful city I have travelled to)
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

Gibson said:
    Rating these a generous 4/10. Curious as to inventory levels. Were posters gone within 5 mins of doors opening? Were they sold out from the stands before doors opened? (Selfishly, my new years resolution is to not spend 6+ hours in line before a show and miss out on whatever wonderful city I have travelled to)
    I know for San Diego, very late in the show I noticed during a bathroom break they still had posters available. Whether that's because they printed more than they used to or because it's only a 'meh' poster, I don't know.

And for the poster quality. I think the 2020 ones were better than the 2022 ones. Of course, art is subjective.
    SHZA said:
    Bingo. Do I buy a poster at every Pearl Jam show I attend? Yes. Are Pearl Jam's posters, by and large, uglier than other rock band posters? Yes (doesn't mean I'll stop buying them). We fawn over prints like the cracker jack, kong, and the 98s because we rarely get basic designs like that that aren't over the top, offensively ornate, or containing skulls/man-pigs. The Gallagher print is lovely but when that is far and away the winner for best poster of the tour, we've clearly set the bar very low. There are lots of great artists but I do, selfishly, miss the days where the posters were mostly done by Ames, Munk One, and Klausen. This is all just my personal opinion...I'm not naive enough to think that art isn't subjective and that everyone's tastes aren't different.
    I agree the posters are a bit lackluster lately, but I would probably take the opposite view. To me it feels like Pearl Jam posters have become very repetitive, and that's likely because they're using a lot of the same artists over and over. I'd rather they spread their wings more. There's some crazy talented artists out there. I just checked ebay for Jack White posters, and there's amazing ones there, and they are so outside of the box what for we normally get for Pearl Jam posters.

Also, the Eddie Vedder tour had some good ones. I love the Chicago 2 poster I have on my wall.