So Let's Talk About the 30-Year Anniversary of the Legendary Pearl Jam show, Pinkpop 1992

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
In a 2020 article for Spin Magazine for Pearl Jam's 10 Best Ranked Shows, they had this at #2.  Of course, we've all seen the DVDs and have listened to the bootleg CD's of this legendary performance.  Who could forget the iconic photo of Eddie Vedder literally hanging from the rafters, with thousands in attendance wondering just how the heck would he get down?   It's funny, because I've seen the photo countless of times, but never noticed the basketball figurines lined up on a table or shelf as Jeff Ament played on.

There may be hardcores on here that were at the show.  Certainly hundreds of fans on here have either seen and/or have heard the performance.

As we get ready to celebrate the 30-year anniversary, please share your memories of the show.  Thanks.

https://www.wish.com/product/canvas-art-print-pearl-jam-pinkpop-1992-poster-frameless-wall-painting-picture-for-living-room--printed-decorative-hanging-painting-5f3bed0155fe170039be5130?hide_login_modal=true&share=web

https://www.spin.com/2020/03/pearl-jam-best-shows-ranked/2/

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/1992/draf-en-renbaan-limburg-landgraaf-netherlands-bd64976.html

Setlist

SHARE SETLIST  

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    My first time hearing live PJ. Oceans single with tracks from Pinkpop. Didn’t see any video of the show until my 30s. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • heartofadogheartofadog Portland, OR Posts: 350
    Perfect time for a vault release of this show.
    1993: Portland, OR (09/06), Seattle, WA (12/07), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    1995: Seattle, WA (02/05)
    1996: Seattle, WA (09/16)
    1997:
    Oakland, CA (11/19)
    1998:
    Portland, OR (07/18), Seattle, WA (07/21), Seattle, WA (07/22)
    2000: Bellingham, WA (05/10), Vancouver, BC (05/11), Mountain View, CA (10/31), Portland, OR (11/02), Seattle, WA (11/05), Seattle, WA (11/06)
    2002: Seattle, WA (12/05), Seattle, WA (12/06), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    2003: Vancouver, BC (5/30), Seattle, WA (10/22), 
    2006: Portland, OR (07/20)
    2009: Berlin, DE (08/15), Seattle, WA (9/21), Seattle, WA (9/22)
    2010: Berlin, DE (06/30)
    2013: Los Angeles, CA (11/23), Los Angeles, CA (11/24), Portland, OR (11/29), Spokane, WA (11/30)
    2018: Seattle, WA (08/10)
    2022: Seattle, WA (2/22)
  • maximumlawmanmaximumlawman Regensburg, Germany Posts: 214
    edited May 2022
    My second show and an unforgettable one. The rain had cleared in the afternoon and the crowd was relaxed and positive. PJ played as if being at PinkPop was an unexpected gift for them: big smiles and celebrating every moment. When they closed with RITFW (which in 1992 felt fresh) I had one of those rare „I saw the future of Rock’n’Roll Roll“- moments. 
    30 years later I sometimes ask the bartender in my favorite bar to play the YouTube-video on the big screen for me, as watching the raw energy and listening to PJ’s powerful music still makes me happy. 
    Post edited by maximumlawman on
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    My second show and an unforgettable one. The rain had cleared in the afternoon and the crowd was relaxed and positive. PJ played as if being at PinkPop was an unexpected gift for them: big smiles and celebrating every moment. When they closed with RITFW (which in 1992 felt fresh) I had one of those rare „I saw the future of Rock’n’Roll Roll“- moments. 
    30 years later I sometimes ask the bartender in my favorite bar to play the YouTube-video on the big screen for me, as watching the raw energy and listening to PJ’s powerful music still makes me happy. 
    I need to go to this bar. 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    I would be very happy to take you. So if you ever come to Regensburg, Bavaria, write me a message.
    For anybody wanting to check out the pj-friendly bar on their own:  Beerdorado, Ostengasse, Regensburg. 
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    edited May 2022
    @2-feign-reluctance, that's awesome.  And Oceans is an underrated song for sure.  Good idea, HOAD, for the vault release.  Me too, OJ.  Max, if I ever make it to Bavaria again I will look you up.  I was in Bavaria in 2018 as my wife ran the Berlin marathon with her girlfriend from college who was stationed in Bavaria for the Army and we stayed with her family.  Great time.  We all went to Anburg or Amburg for dinner.  Funny story, usually Oktoberfest coincides with the Berlin Marathon, but that year it was several days after the marathon.  So we went down to the fairgrounds and the workers were still putting the festivities together so my wife, her friend and I were able to go to one bar open for the workers on the ground and drank so we actually got to check out Oktoberfest on the grounds before it actually opened to the public.  Fun trip.
    @YouDirt: if you ever come to Regensburg I will be very happy to take you to the PJ-friendly BeerDorado. Regensburg also has a local version of the Oktoberfest the “Dult”, which in my opinion is nicer than the mega-event in Munich.

@YouDirt: if you ever come to Regensburg I will be very happy to take you to the PJ-friendly BeerDorado. Regensburg also has a local version of the Oktoberfest the “Dult”, which in my opinion is nicer than the mega-event in Munich.

Thank you.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Perfect time for a vault release of this show.

A Record Store Day vinyl release, sure. A Vault vinyl release, not sure. 
    15 days to go!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    In a 2020 article for Spin Magazine for Pearl Jam's 10 Best Ranked Shows, they had this at #2.  Of course, we've all seen the DVDs and have listened to the bootleg CD's of this legendary performance.  Who could forget the iconic photo of Eddie Vedder literally hanging from the rafters, with thousands in attendance wondering just how the heck would he get down?   It's funny, because I've seen the photo countless of times, but never noticed the basketball figurines lined up on a table or shelf as Jeff Ament played on.

There may be hardcores on here that were at the show.  Certainly hundreds of fans on here have either seen and/or have heard the performance.

As we get ready to celebrate the 30-year anniversary, please share your memories of the show.  Thanks.

https://www.wish.com/product/canvas-art-print-pearl-jam-pinkpop-1992-poster-frameless-wall-painting-picture-for-living-room--printed-decorative-hanging-painting-5f3bed0155fe170039be5130?hide_login_modal=true&share=web

https://www.spin.com/2020/03/pearl-jam-best-shows-ranked/2/

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/1992/draf-en-renbaan-limburg-landgraaf-netherlands-bd64976.html

Setlist

SHARE SETLIST  

This was fhe brilliant Spin Top 10 that had them playing 2 nights at Wrigley in 2013
    ;)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Also, this show was absolutely amazing and Porch is my favorite. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Not to be outdone, but the lineup also included:

David Byrne
    Lou Reed
    Buffalo Tom
    Soundgarden
    PJ Harvey
    Hallo Venray
    Rowwen Heze
    The Cult
    The Family Stand

Bumping for tomorrow.

Happy 30 years!!!!

https://www.last.fm/festival/161002+Pinkpop+1992/lineup
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Also, this show was absolutely amazing and Porch is my favorite. 
    When video of this first emerged years ago online, I was mesmerized by Porch. I used to play this, Vegas '93, Atlanta '94, Melbourne '95 and Melbourne '98 all the time before digital music was readily available. Such awesome bootlegs.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Bump!