Options

Upgrading Tickets (A Largely Positive Ticketmaster Business Practice?)

JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,910
I had heard of this before but never tried it myself. I pass it along because it was quick, painless and it worked.

We bought tickets to the Dead and Company show at Gillette when they went on sale several weeks ago. I didn't want to break the bank so I got a pair of aisle seats in the 300's and was happy with them. Fast forward a few weeks later...tickets are underselling and Ticketmaster has slashed prices. The unsold seats around us are now half what I paid, which sucks. I could buy better seats, but because there are so many cheap tickets available I would never be able to resell the ones I already bought. So, I was a little annoyed but live and learn. 

Then I remembered something I saw in one of the Facebook groups about being able to exchange your tickets for better ones if they were the same price. A quick search of TM's support FAQ brought up the page below. Worth a try, right? So this morning I followed the instructions and within a half-hour, my 300-level seats had become Club level seats. There was a $10 fee per ticket (of course!) but it was so easy. Probably the easiest and definitely the most positive experience I have had with Ticketmaster in years. Might be worth looking into if you have tickets for shows that aren't selling. 

https://help.ticketmaster.com/s/article/Can-I-exchange-or-upgrade-my-tickets?language=en_US

"...I changed by not changing at all..."

Comments

• Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 691
    Good tip - thanks for sharing 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756
    Shoot for Club where  I can first. Preferably Row A seats 1 and 2 or the opposite end on the aisle or on up the aisle as long as they are aisle seats. Pain to get up often but I like the leg room. Our main arena has an arena attached garage. Entrance is to club level and its an easy in and out. love it.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Done this a couple times, with different processes. I had just bought a floor ticket for GNR in 2016 and within a day or two more pit tickets opened up. Called in and got them to switch my ticket to pit before it was printed and mailed out.
    For EV’s Earthling tour, about a month after I bought my ticket I saw a floor ticket open up at the same price point as my ticket which was further back. Had to pounce on it and buy it first, then email them with my original order number so they could verify the “exchange” and after that they refunded my first ticket. Took about three weeks to get my money back.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,427
    I tried getting a refund after an upgrade.

I was denied because I bought the upgraded tickets before I notified TM that I wanted an upgrade.

According to their chat, you need to send them a message with the desired new seat location so that they could facilitate the exchange, as opposed to simply buying the new seats and asking for a refund on the old seats after the new seats are purchased.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,910
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I tried getting a refund after an upgrade.

I was denied because I bought the upgraded tickets before I notified TM that I wanted an upgrade.

According to their chat, you need to send them a message with the desired new seat location so that they could facilitate the exchange, as opposed to simply buying the new seats and asking for a refund on the old seats after the new seats are purchased.
    This is how I did it. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."