Options

Quick Review of the WPB SHow

voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I just got back to my hotel while on my "business trip". Other than it being hotter than a sauna (as a big/tall man, I can definitely say there was some chaffing), the show was very strong IMO. Did not sound like a tour opener, sounded very tight, particularly on the songs that aren't usually in the setlist.

When they started Who You Are on the drums, I almost thought they were playing IN My Tree the way they did a while back, but was happy to hear Who You Are. Faithful and Sad were the two highlights for me as well as the Oceans opener. Overall the crowd was pretty tame compared to a Chicago crowd (and I'm sure Boston/NYC), but their voices were still heard and the vibe was pretty positive aside from a few drunks fighting in the stands.

My ten club # is 301XXX and I got section 4 row F. I had an extra ticket due to my friend catching a viral infection and I gave it away to a fan waiting outside the venue. (It turns out he seemed to be a douchebag/con artist, but I still felt good not selling my extra ticket). Another person noticed me doing this and gave me his extra seat directly next to the soundboard.....which meant perfect sound all night and a great time.

Hope to report more later, but I'm tired now and must get a little sleep to be alert for my clients tomorrow.

Cheers,

John
There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    How did Ed sound?
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    timing was slightly off on Given to Fly on a few occasions and it wasn't as strong as it was last year, but I'd still rate it as very good.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    an_Atoman_Atom Posts: 1
    I touched Vedder! If you were in the front I was the big guy with the green shirt... he reached out and gave me some skin. Was the pinacle of my young life :P

Show was amazing, heard pretty much everything I wanted to, except Leash, but was awesome none the less. They are like Vedder's wine and get better with age.