Sunny Day Real Estate To Reunite, Tour?

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
edited April 2009 in Other Music
http://easystreetonline.com/blog/1023/w ... unite-tour

Word on the Street has learned that the original lineup of Sub Pop emo pioneers Sunny Day Real Estate are currently rehearsing and planning a tour. Sunny Day recorded three albums before breaking up in 2001, the most acclaimed being 1994's Diary. Bassist Nate Mendel and drummer William Goldsmith left the band in 1995 to join the Foo Fighters, shortly after singer Jeremy Enigk's conversion to Christianity. The band, minus Mendel, reunited in 1997, releasing two more albums before packing it in.

Travis Hay, the PI's "Ear Candy" blogger heard word of the reunion plans from KEXP DJ Marco Collins. No official announcement has been made.

sweet! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    That could be very cool!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    oh yea. had to remind myself what they sang. ill keep an eye out for them now. thanks for the post.
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Good news. I missed the Fire Theft the last time they played here.

They always played amazing shows back in the day.
    NERDS!
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I talked to Chris Shifflet last month and he said the Foo Fighters are on a 'Families' hiatus. They have been on the road for a while and want to spend time with the wives and kids and don't want to either be gone for long periods or have the kids on the road, away from home. Chris is doing his side project, 'Jackson United' or putting on small solo shows with his friends... Taylor plays his 'Chevy Metal' cover band at local bars and pizza joints.. and I saw Dave a couple of weeks ago at Largo and Mrs. Grohl was very, very pregnant.
    Nate (and Pat Smear) were at Dave's Largo interview show and I asked him about taking his side band out for a spin... he said they were talking about it. I thought he meant 'The Fire Theft' becaue he said something about Jeremy.
    I'm hoping a couple of Roxy/Troubadour sized shows 'round here.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    This would be cool. Never got to see The Fire Theft live. Was that one album it for them.
  • BR2428BR2428 Posts: 118
    edited January 2022
    Rumors are swirling that yet another reunion/tour is on the horizon!

I was able to catch them on the 2009 reunion tour and I hope to be able to catch them again for this one. 
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    BR2428 said:
    Rumors are swirling that yet another reunion/tour is on the horizon!

I was able to catch them on the 2009 reunion tour and I hope to be able to catch them again for this one. 
    Damn that would be sweet. I caught them back in the day and they are great live. Crowd going off and all singing during "In Circles".
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    I think it's been confirmed?  If so, great news!
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    It's happening!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,391
    Local show for me is a fuggin' Monday night. 

Ugh
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited May 2022
    CLEVELAND!

Thanks @lolobugg !
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    Grabbed a single for Boston... Monday night sucks, but luckily I live nearby, and couldn't really pass on a SDRE ticket for < $49 after fees. 

FYI, DIARY is the password for the artist presale happening now. 
    Grabbed a single for Boston... Monday night sucks, but luckily I live nearby, and couldn't really pass on a SDRE ticket for < $49 after fees. 

Thank you!
    deadendp said:

Thank you!
    My pleasure, hope you score. 

Stupid me forgot to check the Red Sox schedule… of course they have a home game the same night as Sunny Day…. So much for easy in & out for that show. 

FML
    deadendp said:

Thank you!
    My pleasure, hope you score. 

Stupid me forgot to check the Red Sox schedule… of course they have a home game the same night as Sunny Day…. So much for easy in & out for that show. 

FML
    I'm sorry. I didn't bother to look at the schedule. My husband took off the next day because he can't function without sleep, but I will be fine. 

HoB Cleveland! So excited! 
    Sunny Day has teased some new music on instagram! I’m liking what I’m hearing. Hopefully there is a new album on the horizon. 

BR2428 said:
    Sunny Day has teased some new music on instagram! I’m liking what I’m hearing. Hopefully there is a new album on the horizon. 

fingers crossed.  supposedly they were ready to make new music during there last reunion but unfortunately nothing came of it.  I feel more optimistic this time!  The guys seem like they are really enjoying being back together.
    they're playing Diary in its entirety on upcoming tour. celebrating 30 year anniversary of the album
    Another tour is great. I’m a bit disappointed there isn’t a new album to go along with it.