Options

Post show Oakland BART transportation

jlindgren2jlindgren2 Reno Posts: 82
I’ve only ever been to ball games at the Coliseum area, which generally end earlier than concerts. 

Looking at the BART schedule there’s limited times departing the Coliseum station (1130,12,1230 being the last)

Anyone have any experience leaving a show and if there’s any issues snagging a train?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 224
    In the past, they would add trains for events, or hold the last train later if the game went extra innings, etc., but given how much they've had to cut back the past couple years due to massive ridership drop-offs due to Covid, I don't know if that's still the case. I would hope they're smart enough to realize there's a concert and when it will likely end, but then again the Bart board just voted 7-0 to extend its mask mandate through the middle of July, literally the only public transit in the Bay Area (and perhaps in the country!) to do so, so I have little faith in their leadership (for a number of other reasons as well...)
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Extra train cars would be nice.  Just hope the A’s game doesn’t go into extra innings to add to the late night crowds 
  • Options
    JS38594JS38594 Posts: 24
    I always catch BART after A's games and concerts. You won't have an issue getting on a train. To avoid waiting, I make sure to check the app to see when the train I want is coming, sometimes if I hustle over there, it reduces my wait time. BART is definitely aware that there are events going on and will add trains if they can.
  • Options
    JS38594 said:
    I always catch BART after A's games and concerts. You won't have an issue getting on a train. To avoid waiting, I make sure to check the app to see when the train I want is coming, sometimes if I hustle over there, it reduces my wait time. BART is definitely aware that there are events going on and will add trains if they can.
    Okay, good to know. Thanks. I’ll download that app.

at least I know that if they play a surprise 3 encore show that I won’t be the only one there stranded until 6 am