Options

Earth Day

northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
edited January 2016 in All Encompassing Trip
Happy Earth Day!

Mother Nature got a little excited as well.....
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/04/red-alert-issued-chile-volcano-erupts-150422220123634.html

Anything you lose from being honest
You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
Post edited by northerndragon on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    My god, that is humbling and beautiful.

What a planet on which we live (its inhabitants too).

Nature, I salute you!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,226
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Everyday is Earth Day
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    was just there ...
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Jason P said:

Ha!

That's how I feel about tonight's full moon.

Nice timing.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    i will celebrate earth day by, for one day, not yelling at the pretentious louts driving Prius' to hurry the f up. i hate being behind those suckers.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    pjhawks said:

i will celebrate earth day by, for one day, not yelling at the pretentious louts driving Prius' to hurry the f up. i hate being behind those suckers.

A friend of mine recently complained that he doesn't like Prius drivers because they think they can drive faster than everyone else because they get good gas mileage. Quite the opposite of your gripe. The truth is Prius have excellent acceleration and when pushed to high speeds (which they can attain quite nicely) actually gives them better road hugging than most vehicle due to their design. My Prius would blow my '65 Malibu off the road. I don't get it about Prius hating. It's a fine vehicle with great engineering. And it's affordable. In the 8 years I've had mine I've saved enough in gas to more than make up for the difference in cost of the Corolla we looked at and the Prius is a much better vehicle.

Oh, and I don't celebrate earth day. Every day is earth day.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    brianlux said:

pjhawks said:

A friend of mine recently complained that he doesn't like Prius drivers because they think they can drive faster than everyone else because they get good gas mileage. Quite the opposite of your gripe. The truth is Prius have excellent acceleration and when pushed to high speeds (which they can attain quite nicely) actually gives them better road hugging than most vehicle due to their design. My Prius would blow my '65 Malibu off the road. I don't get it about Prius hating. It's a fine vehicle with great engineering. And it's affordable. In the 8 years I've had mine I've saved enough in gas to more than make up for the difference in cost of the Corolla we looked at and the Prius is a much better vehicle.

ever Prius i've been behind seems to like to go about 45 in a 55 zone. maybe it's just the Prius drivers themselves but i swear when i see a Prius it's like the old matchbox electronic track cars that cruise at a low speed...then drivers hits gas and it jets forward fast for a few seconds, then back to to the slow cruising speed. it's maddening to me.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    pjhawks said:

brianlux said:

pjhawks said:

ever Prius i've been behind seems to like to go about 45 in a 55 zone. maybe it's just the Prius drivers themselves but i swear when i see a Prius it's like the old matchbox electronic track cars that cruise at a low speed...then drivers hits gas and it jets forward fast for a few seconds, then back to to the slow cruising speed. it's maddening to me.
    Come to California- you won't see much of that kind of nonsense driving, haha!

Actually, out here there are basically three kinds of drivers, 1) hot doggers, 2) timid slow pokes and 3) slow drivers with enough ego to stomp on the gas if you try to pass them.
    Oh and one other-- me. Haha!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
  • Options
    Climate change is real. That is not fake news...And we, we cannot...cannot be the generations that history will look back upon and wonder, why didn't they do everything humanly possible to solve the biggest crisis in our time. Anything can be obtainable. The Chicago Cubs winning the World Series...this is proof. I use that analogy because it can be done. But here's the thing: We don't have 108 years to wait. ~ Eddie Vedder
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options