Options

Thinking might do LA. Any suggestions

JR86440JR86440 Posts: 737
Where to stay? Not specific hotels but areas? Looks like Inglewood is a no. Don’t mind being a bit away but don’t want Uber to cost me $200 either. Any insight on travel, hotels, Uber etc in that area in general is appreciated.. 

Comments

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    I think most people are staying near the airport.  Atleast that's what I'm doing. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    I think most people are staying near the airport.  Atleast that's what I'm doing. 
    Thanks! Any idea if there are cool places to hang out there? Not that it matters as I will be by myself:-)
  • Options
    JR86440 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Thanks! Any idea if there are cool places to hang out there? Not that it matters as I will be by myself:-)
    No idea.  I know there's a WishList party before each show.  Unfortunately its not within walking distance of the Forum. 

• Options
    JojoRice said:
    JR86440 said:
    JojoRice said:
    No idea.  I know there's a WishList party before each show.  Unfortunately its not within walking distance of the Forum. 
    Yea. Was just searching for that party. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,800
    My suggestion don’t think about it , do it 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    JR86440 said:
    JojoRice said:
    There are not. It's a weird, garbage part of LA. El Segundo is where the airport is, Inglewood is where the Forum is. Inglewood has notoriously high crime rates, El Segundo is kind of where all of the airline industry and military industrial complex offices are located. Nothing fun or particularly cool there.

There's a thread in Given 2 Fly called "LA Hotels" where I made a bunch of recs of things to do and offered advice. It depends on what you want to do and how long you'll be here. It probably won't be a $200 Uber ride as long as you're still in LA, Hollywood, Downtown, etc. It just might be a long wait after the show. I'm coming from Silverlake and expect to pay probably $40 each way for an Uber. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    D-Rod said:
    Haha. I’m like 90% there. Was just talking to car service. Rather pay the extra money than wait for Uber 
  • Options
    JR86440 said:
    JojoRice said:
    There are not. It's a weird, garbage part of LA. El Segundo is where the airport is, Inglewood is where the Forum is. Inglewood has notoriously high crime rates, El Segundo is kind of where all of the airline industry and military industrial complex offices are located. Nothing fun or particularly cool there.

There's a thread in Given 2 Fly called "LA Hotels" where I made a bunch of recs of things to do and offered advice. It depends on what you want to do and how long you'll be here. It probably won't be a $200 Uber ride as long as you're still in LA, Hollywood, Downtown, etc. It just might be a long wait after the show. I'm coming from Silverlake and expect to pay probably $40 each way for an Uber. 
    Awesome. Just checked out thread. Thx!!
  • Options
    JR86440 said:
    JojoRice said:
    JR86440 said:
    JojoRice said:
    It's on the wishlist Facebook page 

• Options
    JojoRice said:
    JR86440 said:
    JojoRice said:
    JR86440 said:
    JojoRice said:
    It's on the wishlist Facebook page 
    Ughhh. I hate Facebook so not on there. Any way you can copy and paste here pls? Thanks a bunch