Options

*** Leeds Festival Fanviews here 25/8 ***

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Right. First, who ever designed the road maps for the directions to the event want shooting. I could have just got on the A1(M) and off at Branham Park instead of the around and through the council estates of Yorkshire route the Meanfiddler site gave us. Oh well!
    But if we didn't follow the rules there'd be a severe tailback on the A1(M) :eek:
    If you go next year turn off at the junction next to the festival as though you're going to Leeds city centre ... there's no right turn into the site but if you keep driving ahead, just over half a mile there's a burger van etc in a layby on the right .. turn into there, turn around and join the queue. Of course I don't agree you should do this and I definitely haven't done it myself several times ;)
    GLC were a lugh as usual. I love the White Stripes a smuch as PJ, but their cover of My Doorbell was a GLC classic...
    Less than Jake? Give me a break.
    Knew I should've gone to watch GLC!!.. so many people keep telling me they were a right laugh! :rolleyes:
    Less Than Jake were fun!!!.. they're always good for early entertainment
    Speaking of which, anyone else think the place was a fucking tip? By 6pm we were ankle deep in food trays and beer cups. Hate to have been there for the weekend!
    Someone told me there's a limit to the number of bins because idiots think it's a laugh to set them on fire :rolleyes: There was a cleanup at the end of each day though, but it still wasn't good. There must be plenty of people on community service who could go round through the day picking litter. A suggestion for meanfiddler! ;) Personally I have a bigger gripe than the rubbish .. I've come to hear some of my favourite bands .. I don't want overloud music from the fairground rides and stalls interfering. Completely unneccessary!

Now to Pearl Jam .. I've waited 6 years to see them and they were everything I had hoped for!! :D I had a great spot in the crowd.. infront of the right side speakers, a few rows back - it wasn't too tightly packed and the sound was fantastic. I love it when the bass thumps right through your body :D Everyone around me was singing (in time .. and the right words!!) and cheering. It felt so good to be surrounded by people who know and love the band as much as I do :D
    Eddie's comments about trusting the crowd to look after each other was very touching, I'm sure it came from the heart. (But am I the only one to think his "Bush dream" was a little corny?? :D)
    Total highlights for me were Not For You, Black and RITFW .. I just wish it didn't have to end .. did they really play for 2 hours :eek: :cool: :cool: :cool:
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    Leeds bootleg is up now :D go get it while its hot.
    1) Leeds festival - 25/08/2006
    2) wembely london - 18/06/2007
  • Options
    Bootleg is ace! Brings it all back.

Fav bit
    in Given to Fly

"ran for hundreds of miles...to Leeds"

Hahahahaha
    London 1996, London 2000, Manchester 2000, Astoria 2006, Leeds 2006
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    Man, opening with GO was the greatest choice ever

sounds amazing on the boot!

intense
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    crap, my bootleg download has crashed 3 songs in!

what do i dooooooo?!?!?

EDIT: panic averted
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Duggro did I read somewhere that you n wash were staying in the Jury's Inn.....if so...shit so was I :(

Was in the bar afterwards....but very drunk :)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    PJClover wrote:
    Bootleg is ace! Brings it all back.

Fav bit
    in Given to Fly

"ran for hundreds of miles...to Leeds"

Hahahahaha

Its amazing what you miss, like "We'll even the score in world war four" at the start of Daughter. Speaking of Daughter, the It's OK tag is beautiful on this boot.
    amongstthewav.es
    2006 - Leeds Festival
    2007 - London
    2009 - Manchester / London
    2010 - Berlin
    2012 - Manchester I / Manchester II / EV Manchester
  • Options
    Its amazing what you miss, like "We'll even the score in world war four" at the start of Daughter. Speaking of Daughter, the It's OK tag is beautiful on this boot.

That's so true, also in Daughter, instead of "the shades go down" he says "the sun goes down" and "the world goes round". Missed that at the show too!! Yeah It's OK was ace. So glad they played that tag.
    London 1996, London 2000, Manchester 2000, Astoria 2006, Leeds 2006
  • Options
    groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    I particularly like the start of Porch

I cheered like a mad man when they started playing that slower intro
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Duggro did I read somewhere that you n wash were staying in the Jury's Inn.....if so...shit so was I :(

Was in the bar afterwards....but very drunk :)
    you meanin in leeds aye? cos i was in the jurys in dublin too

i still only met 6 board folk in total! i only had one drink in the bar afterwards as i was totally knackered

great time though:)
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    you meanin in leeds aye? cos i was in the jurys in dublin too

i still only met 6 board folk in total! i only had one drink in the bar afterwards as i was totally knackered

great time though:)

Yeah in leeds..didn't realise you guys were going....ah well :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Yeah in leeds..didn't realise you guys were going....ah well :D
    yeah man

i think wash and burtschips were trying to get hold of you to meet up, but to no avail! oh well! i probably banged into you in the crowd during my extreeeeme happiness faze when they played solat:)
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    yeah man

i think wash and burtschips were trying to get hold of you to meet up, but to no avail! oh well! i probably banged into you in the crowd during my extreeeeme happiness faze when they played solat:)

Could probably have dude :D Yeah only saw that wash was looking for my no after I got back...not to worry....am sure we'll all meet up for next years tour of the uk and ireland ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    The Leeds boot is outstanding, really excellent recording. One minor niggle, when I burnt it to a 700mb CD-R, Porch wouldn't fit on disc one, as indicated on the artwork. Anyone else have this problem. Also any ideas how to burn it without the gaps between songs?
    Finsbury Park, London 11-07-93
    RDS, Dublin 26-08-95 (Mirror Ball Tour)
    Bramham Park, Leeds 25-08-06
    MEN, Manchester 17-08-09
    MEN, Manchester 20-06-12
    MEN, Manchester 21-06-12
    First Direct Arena, Leeds 08-07-14
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Could probably have dude :D Yeah only saw that wash was looking for my no after I got back...not to worry....am sure we'll all meet up for next years tour of the uk and ireland ;)
    hell yeah

if they tour....sorry....WHEN they tour, i'm tempted to do the lot:)
  • Options
    The Leeds boot is outstanding, really excellent recording. One minor niggle, when I burnt it to a 700mb CD-R, Porch wouldn't fit on disc one, as indicated on the artwork. Anyone else have this problem. Also any ideas how to burn it without the gaps between songs?

Yes. I had the same problem. Did you use Windows Media Player? It seemed to add extra gaps to the songs. When I just listen to the mp3s, the gaps are tiny but on the cd they're nearly a second. I'll try using nero when I get some new blank cds.
  • Options
    Hopefully PJ will be back next year for some arena shows.
    Don't hold your breath though!
  • Options
    lennybenny wrote:
    Yes. I had the same problem. Did you use Windows Media Player? It seemed to add extra gaps to the songs. When I just listen to the mp3s, the gaps are tiny but on the cd they're nearly a second. I'll try using nero when I get some new blank cds.

I had a couple of problems with the Reading festival bootleg (cd player skipping dics all over the place??). In the end I used Nero, and clicked the "normalize all audio files" and "no pause between tracks", and used Verbatim brand discs. This seemed to clear up most problems, although there is still a very slight noticable gap between some tracks.
  • Options
    I had a couple of problems with the Reading festival bootleg (cd player skipping dics all over the place??). In the end I used Nero, and clicked the "normalize all audio files" and "no pause between tracks", and used Verbatim brand discs. This seemed to clear up most problems, although there is still a very slight noticable gap between some tracks.

Thanks. I'll try that over the weekend. :)
  • Options
    Sound was superb from 15-20m back from stage. Listened to leeds and Reading on TV and without doubt Leeds was better. My daughter thought so too(15 year old Pearl Jam nut). Abso fuckin lutely brilliant! Only down side was losing my Avacado t shirt and not stupid enough to buy one off ebay for £40
    Ah yeah, can you see them out on the porch?
    Yeah, but they don't wave.
  • Options
    I was there and it was the best gig of my life! Me and my boyfriend were front middle for a while and it was just incredible to be there and to be able to see them! Rocking in the free world was awesome!! I actually felt privilaged to be there seeing them. They rocked! I really want them to play the UK again though, I have to see them again!!!
    xxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Not been online for over a month...... first site i've visited!!!

Fuckin amazing gig, got the bootleg n makes the hairs stand up every time!!!

I was prayin 4 Black & State of Love & Trust and Eddie delivered !!!

First time i've seen em n if they don't come back to the UK for another six year i'm off to the states to see em!!!

I thought crowd were pretty quiet buttin havin listened to the bootleg i think it was just the band that were so fuckin loud!!!

Even Flow was awesome & elderly woman (at a rock festival with slayer!!) was fuckin great!!!!

NEED 2 C EM AGAIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH