Options

2006 European Bootlegs

edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hey everyone!

We hope you are as excited as we are about the start of the first Pearl Jam tour of Europe since 2000. As many of you will be purchasing the Official Bootlegs from this tour run, we wanted to get you the information about how it will work for this leg.

As it has since the 2000, Pearl Jam is releasing the majority of shows from the European leg of its 2006 World Tour as part of the “Official Bootleg” program. On the 2006 tour, Pearl Jam is continuing to offer all shows as digital downloads available exclusively at http://bootlegs.pearljam.com

The shows will generally be available 4-5 days following the performance assuming no delays. As always, you can pre-order any show and set the software to “automatically download” when available.

The European performances will again be made available as both high quality MP3’s and as extremely high resolution FLAC files. Each bootleg can be purchased for $9.99 USD as MP3’s and $14.99 USD as FLAC files. In addition to the MP3/FLAC, Pearl Jam’s designer, Brad Klausen, is creating show-specific artwork for download with each set. Setlists and photographs from every show are also including in the downloads.

For more information, please visit http://bootlegs.pearljam.com

Thanks!

Basecamp Productions
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ronyrony Posts: 212
    cool thanks basecamp!!!

(although 4-5 days!)
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    rony wrote:
    cool thanks basecamp!!!

(although 4-5 days!)

aahhhhh who cares... at least we are getting them... i have to listen to the Astoria boot boot... good as it is... its not as good as these ones

i'm happy to wait!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Great. At least they are telling us that there will be a 4-5 day delay instead of the 48 hour thing for the first 2 legs.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    aahhhhh who cares... at least we are getting them... i have to listen to the Astoria boot boot... good as it is... its not as good as these ones

i'm happy to wait!!!

yeah i suppose it will just make the boot taste sweeter if i have to wait!!!!
  • Options
    That's excellent news - i was wondering whether we would get bootlegs of the euro tour!
  • Options
    When they say they're releasing the 'majority' of the Euro shows....does that mean they're not including Reading and Leeds?
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    it seems to be the italian shows they aren't releasing for some reason
  • Options
    rony wrote:
    it seems to be the italian shows they aren't releasing for some reason

lol, don't start!

Just noticed that they're not listed actually...getting worried now!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    madsunmadsun Posts: 114
    leeds and reading are in the list, but there are NO italian shows.

HOW COME??????????
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    let the downloading begin.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    Given that there's 5 or 6 Italian shows I would hope that they'll get on there
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • Options
    ThrippleThripple Posts: 25
    PLEASE GIVE US THE ITALIAN SHOWS!!!!!!!!!!

Well, specifically, the Verona show please!!!
  • Options
    eddiegoeddiego Posts: 3
    we NEED italian show bootlegs !!!!!!
    please......
  • Options
    There MUST be some mistake...
    Could someone clear up this doubt? Will italian concerts be downloadable or not? Please...we all here in Italy are anxious because of this news...we can't understand the reason...
  • Options
    Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    There MUST be some mistake...
    Could someone clear up this doubt? Will italian concerts be downloadable or not? Please...we all here in Italy are anxious because of this news...we can't understand the reason...

Mate if it's anything like us aussies. You'll jsust get told "not gonna happen" with no specific reason required, a la 10C seats
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • Options
    I'm liking the fact that Reading and Leeds are being sold INDIVIDUALLY and for full price, indicating PJ wont be swayed by any of this 11pm curfew nonsense...
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    We hope you are as excited as we are about the start of the first Pearl Jam tour of Europe since 2000.
    Don't get me started... woooOOOOHHHhhOOOOOooooo!!! PEARL JAM!!!

~~The rejoicing drove me mad~~
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    Just got a reply from Basecamp about the Italian shows, this is what they said:

"Dear Ross,

This is from Ten Club:
    “The Italian shows are not part of the 2006 Official Bootleg series. Stay tuned for more details!”

Basecamp Support"

• Options
    kerrangkerrang Chile Posts: 434
    Italy DVDs 2006 then...?
    Santiago, Chile (November 22, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 23, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 16, 2011)
    Sao Paulo, Brasil (March 31, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (April 06, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (November 04, 2015)
    Santiago, Chile (March 13, 2018)
    Santiago, Chile (March 16, 2018)
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil (March 21, 2018)
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327

"Dear Ross,

This is from Ten Club:
    “The Italian shows are not part of the 2006 Official Bootleg series. Stay tuned for more details!”

Basecamp Support"

well then... lets hope for store releases then eh? or hopefully some really good quality unofficial recordings *crosses fingers*
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720
    kerrang wrote:
    Italy DVDs 2006 then...?

Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!

After waiting 14 years to see them play live near my small hometown, there's no way I could bear to be w/o bootlegs... unless there's a dvd!! :)
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213

"Dear Ross,

This is from Ten Club:

Basecamp Support"

big?

bold?

.......i was going somewhere with this.......oh, well.
  • Options
    CloneClone UK Posts: 142
    glad to see leeds and reading on there.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I'm liking the fact that Reading and Leeds are being sold INDIVIDUALLY and for full price, indicating PJ wont be swayed by any of this 11pm curfew nonsense...
    Wishfull thinking there I think...we're paying twice the price for a shorter gig and we'll be paying full price for a shorter bootleg too.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    Wishfull thinking there I think...we're paying twice the price for a shorter gig and we'll be paying full price for a shorter bootleg too.

I'm just happy they're selling them. I'm willing to pay much more than the asking price.
    amongstthewav.es
    2006 - Leeds Festival
    2007 - London
    2009 - Manchester / London
    2010 - Berlin
    2012 - Manchester I / Manchester II / EV Manchester
  • Options
    The wait for the Leeds show is killing me...
    Finsbury Park, London 11-07-93
    RDS, Dublin 26-08-95 (Mirror Ball Tour)
    Bramham Park, Leeds 25-08-06
    MEN, Manchester 17-08-09
    MEN, Manchester 20-06-12
    MEN, Manchester 21-06-12
    First Direct Arena, Leeds 08-07-14
  • Options

i'm happy to wait!!!

I imagine the slight delay in uploading the European shows may have to do with the fact that each disc will supposedly have it own individual artwork I read about, unlike the majory of the N. American shows this year.

At any rate, I'm still waiting for more fanviews, before I purchase more boots. Right now the Euro show setlists seem shorter (especially at the festival shows), and the band seems to be focusing more on material from their first five years.

Backstory

I really wish I could afford to download more of the shows, there's a few Canadian and US shows from both '05 and this year I'd like to download, but I'm on disability and I just can't afford to spend money like I have been. On a whim I purchased Santa Barbara 07/13/06 and was FLOORED by the performance, and soon after I purchased all three nights from San Francisco (07/15-18/06), Soon after I got year's Gorge concert, and the 2-for-1 in Denver. I was kinda devastated that the band's only playing "Sometimes" once a year now as an opener, and they didn't finish it on San Francisco 2 when Eddie forgot the song (!). Still interesting, but disconcerting.

It's not that I had buyer's remorse, but spending money on those downloads put me in a tight spot last month; by the 12th or so of August, I had spent all but about $25 of my balance and it was a difficult few weeks paying for my medication and having little to no money left over to by food for the remainder of the month. I'm fortunate to have a couple of friends with jobs who could afford to buy me a few meals over those last two weeks. I'm on the new Pearl Jam diet! Lost 11 pounds in as many weeks!

Heya, this is my first post on the MESSAGE PIT. I've been a fan since 1992, but lost faith in the band in 1999-2003. Since then, I've re-discovered a new band that's developed into something pure and focused. I'm a born-again PJ fan!!!

I'd love to see the band live sometime before they disband or I die (whichever comes first), but I'll never afford tickets at the rate they're going these days. I live in the Midwest, and I'd considered the Denver shows, but I'm glad I didn't purchase tickets (I lost my grandmother on 06/29 this year, and her funeral was on the third of the following month). Life happens, death happens, and I've become a recluse since 2002 because of my panic attacks which I've still not been able to conquer. I've been to concerts since then, but I'm not a big guy and I've got health problems. Goers at concerts I've attended since then don't care about their fellow man. I can't stand for more than 20 minutes at a time, so I've spent a lot of time just sitting on the floor in the balcony looking at people's backs. That's not how anyone wants to experience a show. That's why I've pretty much given up on the live concerts altogether, since there's a limit to what I can experience in my condition.

I know a few PJ fans who have good-paying jobs and benefits and are able to travel around the country and abroad to see them live, and those who purchased the 2000 and 2003 official boot sets in their entirety. I'm envy them for that, but I also take note that they're supporting the band and commend them for that. I give and take what I can, if it's all I can manage, I reckon.

Please keep supporting the band, everyone, and get out there if you can Europe. I can't tell you first-hand how amazing the shows are since all I have are the boots I purchase through this site, but judging by them the band has NEVER been in better form. They sound like they've mastered much since the hit-or-miss 2000 Binaural tour, the shows are definitely sounding ace and would be worth the cost and the wait. This is the dawn of the Pearl Jam, Mark III.

--Sneedy
    eleventh.hour@gmail.com
  • Options
    Sorry for my ignorance, but I would like a lot to have a video of the show of PJ in Azkena Rock (Vitoria, Spain)... Do this bootlegs you can download have any images or video or they are only audio? I see you have .mp3 or .flac to choose, I wonder if these .flac are videos or only better quality sound... Can you help me?
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    Alzhaid wrote:
    Sorry for my ignorance, but I would like a lot to have a video of the show of PJ in Azkena Rock (Vitoria, Spain)... Do this bootlegs you can download have any images or video or they are only audio? I see you have .mp3 or .flac to choose, I wonder if these .flac are videos or only better quality sound... Can you help me?
    Flac files are better (lossless) audio files, no video. You get some pictures with the boot though.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    I don't have a credit card is there anyway for me to get the bootleg of the concert I went to?
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»