Announcing Eddie Vedder the Earthlings Tour 2022

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Enjoy the shows, everyone. They killed it at Ohana.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 145
    https://www.brooklynvegan.com/watch-eddie-vedder-cover-r-e-m-tom-petty-patti-smith-more-in-nyc-pics-setlist/

SETLIST: Eddie Vedder & The Earthlings @ Beacon Theatre 2/3/2022
    Drive (R.E.M. cover)
    Room at the Top (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers cover)
    Here Comes the Sun (The Beatles cover)
    The Haves
    I'll Be Waiting
    Invincible
    The Dark
    Power of Right (live debut)
    Fallout Today
    Long Way
    Tender Mercies
    Wishlist (Pearl Jam )
    Brother the Cloud
    Mrs. Mills
    Try (with Danny Clinch)
    Rose of Jericho
    Porch (Pearl Jam )

Encore:
    Precious (Pretenders cover)
    Better Man (Pearl Jam )
    People Have the Power (Patti Smith cover)
    Isn't It a Pity (George Harrison cover)
    All Along the Watchtower (Bob Dylan cover)

• Wout87Wout87 Posts: 10
    Any chance this tour hits Europe this year?
    Arnhem '06
    Werchter '07
    Rotterdam '09
    Nijmegen '10
    Werchter '10
    Amsterdam ' 12 II
    Amsterdam '18 I + II
    Pinkpop '18
    Pinkpop '22
    Amsterdam '22
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    With the touring commitments of RHCP and the dates PJ are supposed to do. I’d say no way 
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Mike Watt's mannerisms are are so scarily similar to McCready's. 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    edited February 2022
    Brisk. said:
    I noticed that too. He must be an influence. Eddie mentioned Mike met Mike (lol) as a young man and asked whether he should pursue college or music and Mike said college to make sure he had a backup… ha!!

Edit: oops I mean Andrew Watt ;)
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    0 for 2 with any songs from ITW. I expected it to be heavy on the new album of course but thought he’d sprinkle in a couple ITW tracks each night. Looking like that’s not the case. 
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Brisk. said:
    This made me laugh trying to imagine Mike Watt (of the Minutemen) playing a guitar solo behind his head or any of Mike McCready's other stage mannerisms. Andrew Watt, of the Earthlings, mentioned in an interview what a massive PJ fan he was and when he was younger, he took a sign asking to play the guitar solo in "Alive" with them on stage. Then he found himself actually playing the solo with PJ at Ohana when McCready handed the guitar off to him. 
    Please please add more dates!! There is still time until the RHCP tour starts in June and the PJ tour starts in May. :)
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    kasedoug said:
    Brisk. said:
    This made me laugh trying to imagine Mike Watt (of the Minutemen) playing a guitar solo behind his head or any of Mike McCready's other stage mannerisms. Andrew Watt, of the Earthlings, mentioned in an interview what a massive PJ fan he was and when he was younger, he took a sign asking to play the guitar solo in "Alive" with them on stage. Then he found himself actually playing the solo with PJ at Ohana when McCready handed the guitar off to him. 
    Andrew Watt I meant :D
  • I still can’t believe there are no southern shows at all. Would have been fun to go.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Kinda amazing given the initial scarcity of tickets for the presale and 10C onsales and ensuing ridiculously high Platinum prices in the balcony, but there are now over 50 tickets in the first 20 rows of the Orchestra for both Chicago nights, some at the same price I paid for a 10C seat further back in the Orchestra (row Z).  Not sure how these blocks are dropped, but that's a ton of nice seats that are now on TM.  11th row on the aisle for under $300.
  • zachjgzachjg Posts: 105
    edited February 2022
    Is my only option via TM resale?  They don't become transferable a few days before the show I could sell on CashorTrade?  Have a single 10c for CA show.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    zachjg said:
    Is my only option via TM resale?  They don't become transferable a few days before the show I could sell on CashorTrade?  Have a single 10c for CA show.
    Only Chicago & NY on this tour allow transfer outside of Ticketmaster, due to state laws.
  • bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    apirk72 said:
    A Chicago ticket can be transferred to anyone with a Ticketmaster account, you don't need to use fan to fan.  If you get stuck post here and I am sure you could work something out with someone.
    The weather's looking better for The Windy City next week- but THANK YOU so much for letting me know...... :heart:
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • I have two tickets for February 21st in Seattle.  Floor, Row Y.  I banged up my knee skiing and am trying to trade for balcony tickets.  I can motivate the trade with cash.  Anyone?  
    edited February 2022
    ski_fast said:
    I have two tickets for February 21st in Seattle.  Floor, Row Y.  I banged up my knee skiing and am trying to trade for balcony tickets.  I can motivate the trade with cash.  Anyone?  
    Try over on Given to Fly. Seattle has transfer restrictions so you may have to offer your tickets up for sale on TM and see if you can buy balcony.

Looks like skiing fast did you in! ;)
  • marjenmarjen CT Posts: 792
    edited February 2022
    I am kind of over Eddie with his face planted in a notebook trying to read the words to songs. I mean he is a professional right? The dude really needs to take 5 mins to learn what he is singing. 
    Post edited by marjen on
  • Have Orchestra LC seats to Chicago Feb 10 and can't go if anyone wants them at face value.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    edited February 2022
    marjen said:
    I am kind of over Eddie with his face planted in a notebook trying to read the words to songs. I mean he is a precessional right? The dude really needs to take 5 mins to learn what he is singing. 
    Not sure he’s ever claimed be a precessional. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Looks like TM is has now opened Fan-to-fan sale for Seattle. If anyone's about to put up some tickets for Feb 21 (night #1), would appreciate a heads-up via PM :smile:

marjen said:
    I am kind of over Eddie with his face planted in a notebook trying to read the words to songs. I mean he is a precessional right? The dude really needs to take 5 mins to learn what he is singing. 
    It’s never been his strong suit. He’s trying his best.

I’ll take that over shortcutting to simplified lyrics or not playing the songs. For the Earthing songs - they haven’t had as much practice time as planned.
  • marjen said:
    I am kind of over Eddie with his face planted in a notebook trying to read the words to songs. I mean he is a professional right? The dude really needs to take 5 mins to learn what he is singing. 
    Sounds like you want the same 20 song setlist over and over again.

Not to mention many artists, Bruce Springsteen included, literally have the words scrolling in front of them karaoke style on a monitor that faces them.
  • Hopped Up said:
    Kinda amazing given the initial scarcity of tickets for the presale and 10C onsales and ensuing ridiculously high Platinum prices in the balcony, but there are now over 50 tickets in the first 20 rows of the Orchestra for both Chicago nights, some at the same price I paid for a 10C seat further back in the Orchestra (row Z).  Not sure how these blocks are dropped, but that's a ton of nice seats that are now on TM.  11th row on the aisle for under $300.
    I'm blown away by this.  I guess someone did a good job of creating artificial demand for this tour, since there are still a number of tickets available on Ticketmaster for tonight's (2/9) and tomorrow's (2/10) Chicago shows.  I lost in the Ten Club lottery and was waitlisted in the Verified Fan sale for both shows.  Luckily, my wife, while shut out of the first show, was able to find some gallery seats for the second show during the initial Verified Fan sale.
    I was there...
    PJ - 8/15/2000, 4/23/2003, 6/18/2003, 10/3/2004, 9/11/2005, 6/30/2006, 8/5/2007, 8/23/2009, 8/24/2009, 5/3/2010, 5/4/2010, 9/4/2011, 7/19/2013, 10/3/2014, 10/17/2014, 10/19/2014, 10/20/2014, 4/16/2016, 8/7/2016, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, 6/18/18, 6/24/18, 6/26/18, 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/1/22, 9/3/22, 8/31/23, 9/2/23, 9/5/23, 9/7/23, 9/13/23, 9/15/23, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
    EV - 11/30/2012, 12/1/2012, 2/10/22, 10/7/22
    Sox - 10/22/2005, 10/23/2005, 9/30/2008, 7/23/2009
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    ComeToTX said:
    marjen said:
    Not sure he’s ever claimed be a precessional. 
    No I believe he sang I am a Precessional in Newark 
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    Hopped Up said:
    Kinda amazing given the initial scarcity of tickets for the presale and 10C onsales and ensuing ridiculously high Platinum prices in the balcony, but there are now over 50 tickets in the first 20 rows of the Orchestra for both Chicago nights, some at the same price I paid for a 10C seat further back in the Orchestra (row Z).  Not sure how these blocks are dropped, but that's a ton of nice seats that are now on TM.  11th row on the aisle for under $300.
    I'm blown away by this.  I guess someone did a good job of creating artificial demand for this tour, since there are still a number of tickets available on Ticketmaster for tonight's (2/9) and tomorrow's (2/10) Chicago shows.  I lost in the Ten Club lottery and was waitlisted in the Verified Fan sale for both shows.  Luckily, my wife, while shut out of the first show, was able to find some gallery seats for the second show during the initial Verified Fan sale.
    Kinda stunned that with all the extra inventory that the mythical Verified Fan waitlist didn't, you know, let those that were waiting know more tickets were available. 

Glad I did my homework and checked daily, but still - you'd think TM knows how to sell inventory when they have a database of interested people and the ability to release tickets whenever.
  • tschav said:
    Hopped Up said:
    Kinda stunned that with all the extra inventory that the mythical Verified Fan waitlist didn't, you know, let those that were waiting know more tickets were available. 

Glad I did my homework and checked daily, but still - you'd think TM knows how to sell inventory when they have a database of interested people and the ability to release tickets whenever.
    After all the onsale aggravation, you can now go on TM and get a pair dead center in the 16th row for tonight for under $270 after fees.  Wish those had been offered to the 10C or in the presale.  Seems like they had balcony seats listed as Platinum at over $400 for weeks and now lots of prime front Orchestra seats have popped up this week for under $300 face.
  • KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    edited February 2022
    As expected, resale on these shows are for way under face. Stubhub has tickets right now for tonight’s Chicago show as low as $39 plus fees. There are hundreds of tickets left on there and almost all are below face value. For the L.A. show there are so many left that I believe some fan to fan tickets will go unsold.
  • So fan-to-fan tix are stuck at face value and TM regularly undercuts them?  Is there a way to sell 10C tix below face value?
    Seems like F2F is actually not helping the fans this round as you can’t drop below face. Much easier to get a ticket in NYC and CHI than the other markets.