Flickerstick...any fans here??

Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
edited January 2022 in Other Music
So they started late 90s, got big on a VH1 show called "Bands On The Run" where they went across the country with other bands to sell merch and concert tickets. The winning band (them) got a record deal. Their album "Welcoming Home The Astronauts" was released on an indie label (226 Records) then re-worked and re-released on Sony/Epic.

Unfortunately, 9/11 happened and Sony/Epic sort of screwed them over and that's the quick version. Sidenote: They were in NYC for a show in Asbury Park on 9/12. They were on their way out of town to their next show...they got a phone call and the 9/12 show happened. If there was a moment they could take back, it'd be not being in NYC that day.

Eventually...their website was taken offline and rumors of a breakup came true. They finished in 2007...did four "goodbye shows" in 2008 and then all moved on to real jobs, families, etc.

Well...last year, partially thanks to a "Reunion Experiment" Facebook page, they released their debut album on streaming. Then they released an album of B-sides and rarities.

And now... they're reuniting for "One Night Only" this summer in their hometown of Dallas.

Cool sidenote: I'm trying to get their fans to have a fundraiser of sorts at the pre-show meetup. (Thanks to Wishlist Foundation for the inspiration!)

Oh and Soulcraker sucks because they suck. (If you know...you know.)
Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"

Comments

• Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    What a blast from the past! I watched them on Bands On The Run and rooted for them to win. I have that album. Some great songs, and some-not-so-great. Have fun seeing them!
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    What a blast from the past! I watched them on Bands On The Run and rooted for them to win. I have that album. Some great songs, and some-not-so-great. Have fun seeing them!

Alas, I can't make it.

It was crazy how fast the reunion show sold out. Naturally, there were multiple presales...one for Citi cards and a later one if you knew the password. It was a bit of a screwjob because the way it was presented made it seem like one Facebook group had access to the presale, but Ticketmaster did what they do and a ton of groups got the password.

I don't think any tickets made it to the regular on-salw.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491

Alas, I can't make it.

It was crazy how fast the reunion show sold out. Naturally, there were multiple presales...one for Citi cards and a later one if you knew the password. It was a bit of a screwjob because the way it was presented made it seem like one Facebook group had access to the presale, but Ticketmaster did what they do and a ton of groups got the password.

I don't think any tickets made it to the regular on-salw.
    That sucks..sorry you couldn't make it.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Oh wow a major blast from the past!!  Absolutely loved Welcoming Home The Astronauts back in the day.  Coke and Beautiful are 2 of my favorite songs of all time.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Oh wow a major blast from the past!!  Absolutely loved Welcoming Home The Astronauts back in the day.  Coke and Beautiful are 2 of my favorite songs of all time.

The recent "When We Were Young" release has stuff that was exclusive to the 226 version of WHTA. I *think* it's recreatable in the music streaming apps.