Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Good to see the new year has brought about much needed change amongst members… B);)

Well now, that brings up an interesting question:  Why is January 1st called "new year"?  There's nothing new about it.  Wouldn't it make more sense to use the winter solstice as the start of a new year?  I just don't get it.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    brianlux said:
    Good to see the new year has brought about much needed change amongst members… B);)

Well now, that brings up an interesting question:  Why is January 1st called "new year"?  There's nothing new about it.  Wouldn't it make more sense to use the winter solstice as the start of a new year?  I just don't get it.
    we can blame all this on the romans. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

brianlux said:

LOL, those crazy bastards!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• brianlux said:

They fucked up everything.  Even Wrestling...How do you screw up wrestling?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    brianlux said:

...How do you screw up wrestling?

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier said:
    brianlux said:

...How do you screw up wrestling?

HAHAHAHA!!!! They also had Insane Clown Posse, Mr T and Cyndi Lauper on at one time...
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The big bang hank reference was funny...nothing prickish about what was said.  just leave.  Quit with the drama bullshit...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    The big bang hank reference was funny...nothing prickish about what was said.  just leave.  Quit with the drama bullshit...
    not surprising this is your take. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Some of us would like Hugh to stick around. We appreciate a balanced perspective that isn't on the verge of melting down. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    Some of us would like Hugh to stick around. We appreciate a balanced perspective that isn't on the verge of melting down. 
    I see what you did there.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    mrussel1 said:
    Well Done 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mrussel1 said:
    I see what you did there.

edited January 2022

Yes it was totally "prickish".  It's not at all cool to be telling another member to leave.  Who gave you (or anyone else) that right?  And I know BBH,do you?  Why was OK about bringing him into this if not being a dick (not to mention flagrant breaking of forum rules)? 
    But WTF, go ahead and flirt with a time out or getting banned.  Whatever.
    Post edited by brianlux on

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Making a reference to a past board member who also announced plans to leave is the same thing as calling someone a prick and flirting with a ban?  
    I don't see that.

I'm not telling anyone they should leave, I'm finding humor in people announcing the possibility of their departure.   Could be I really want Halifax to stay.  Could be I laugh so I don't 😢 

(Again, I'm not offended and wouldn't want you to be censored for repeatedly calling me a prick.)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Making a reference to a past board member who also announced plans to leave is the same thing as calling someone a prick and flirting with a ban?  
    I don't see that.

I'm not telling anyone they should leave, I'm finding humor in people announcing the possibility of their departure.   Could be I really want Halifax to stay.  Could be I laugh so I don't 😢 

(Again, I'm not offended and wouldn't want you to be censored for repeatedly calling me a prick.)

Halifax is leaving?  woohoo!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Making a reference to a past board member who also announced plans to leave is the same thing as calling someone a prick and flirting with a ban?  
    I don't see that.

He was the second @bbh I shared in this thread.
    Halifax can never leave.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I think the 10 club should allow people to retire their 10 club number.  After, they can set up a tribute thread in which members can either roast you or toast you…
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Jesus, it's like fucking high school all over again.  :lol:

• Making a reference to a past board member who also announced plans to leave is the same thing as calling someone a prick and flirting with a ban?  
    I don't see that.

Halifax can never leave.
    I didn't think he was leaving which is why I made the joke.
  • brianlux said:
    Highschool was tame compared to this place...
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    I think the 10 club should allow people to retire their 10 club number.  After, they can set up a tribute thread in which members can either roast you or toast you…
    roast or toast. i like that. 

toast for everyone!!!!! lol
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    I don't see that.

Halifax can never leave.
    I’m like the Hotel California that way. To quote The Clash, “should I stay or should I go now?”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    The assumptions made are not only way off base, but (almost) as entertaining as the initial @ comment. Unbunch them panties! Or cling tight to them if that’s your choice. In the end, it’s inconsequential. 

brianlux said:
    HS must have sucked for you...lol.  I can only wish to recreate my HS experience...I'm working my way back...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:
    HS must have sucked for you...lol.  I can only wish to recreate my HS experience...I'm working my way back...

Haha, this is absolutely true.  My high school experience totally sucked!  Much as this place gets wonky at times,  I'd much rather hang out with you fuckers!

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Gotta love seeing her in Florida, enjoying herself during this latest wave. She obviously has every right to , but it’s still funny. 
    Hanging out on Drudge? 

Curious as to why it's funny? Did she advocate for no one leaving their home during this wave? I don't like AOC for a bunch of reasons but I saw the Drudge thing and NRO and it's stupid in my opinion.  Is she being hypocritical? 
    Seems hypocritical to me. But by all means. Enjoy. 
    So be specific for how she is being hypocritical.  That's what I'm asking.  Now I'm very pro mask, but I was just outside changing the oil in my truck.  A neighbor stopped by and said what's up.  Should I be worried that someone took a photo and I'm being a hypocrite too?>
    No. But are you a public figure? I’m frankly not interested in going back and forth about this. I find it funny. You don’t. We can leave it at that. No? 
    it's just kind of odd, in my opinion, this pattern of commenting on something but then refusing to engage about it. 
    Yes it’s my fault. You guys are way better at typing and arguing online. I lose interest and find it a waste of time. I’m getting better at holding back posts to not start an argument then not respond. 
    Well, in 15 days, there'll be one less person typing and arguing around here.....
    ??
    chose not to renew. jan 14 I walk the plank.....
    Oh man! Sorry to hear but I’m sure you have your reasons. 
    mainly you hit the nail right on the head....arguing....waste of time....shit like that. and if I have access, I'll be here. so I have to rip off the band aid, so to speak. 
    Call a bunch of people a lot of rude names. That way you get banned from the forum but still have membership.
    Arent you trying to build your vinyl? Need access to the vaults.
    edited January 2022
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Haha, this is absolutely true.  My high school experience totally sucked!  Much as this place gets wonky at times,  I'd much rather hang out with you fuckers!
    A lot of shitty stuff happens while in high school, no doubt…but an awful lot of our life 1st happens while in high school.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited January 2022
    college >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>high school

Not remotely close
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mace1229 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Gotta love seeing her in Florida, enjoying herself during this latest wave. She obviously has every right to , but it’s still funny. 
    Hanging out on Drudge? 

Curious as to why it's funny? Did she advocate for no one leaving their home during this wave? I don't like AOC for a bunch of reasons but I saw the Drudge thing and NRO and it's stupid in my opinion.  Is she being hypocritical? 
    Seems hypocritical to me. But by all means. Enjoy. 
    So be specific for how she is being hypocritical.  That's what I'm asking.  Now I'm very pro mask, but I was just outside changing the oil in my truck.  A neighbor stopped by and said what's up.  Should I be worried that someone took a photo and I'm being a hypocrite too?>
    No. But are you a public figure? I’m frankly not interested in going back and forth about this. I find it funny. You don’t. We can leave it at that. No? 
    it's just kind of odd, in my opinion, this pattern of commenting on something but then refusing to engage about it. 
    Yes it’s my fault. You guys are way better at typing and arguing online. I lose interest and find it a waste of time. I’m getting better at holding back posts to not start an argument then not respond. 
    Well, in 15 days, there'll be one less person typing and arguing around here.....
    ??
    chose not to renew. jan 14 I walk the plank.....
    Oh man! Sorry to hear but I’m sure you have your reasons. 
    mainly you hit the nail right on the head....arguing....waste of time....shit like that. and if I have access, I'll be here. so I have to rip off the band aid, so to speak. 
    Call a bunch of people a lot of rude names. That way you get banned from the forum but still have membership.
    Arent you trying to build your vinyl? Need access to the vaults.
    haha, i've seen people go down in a blaze of glory, but that's not really my style. i just make a casual comment and let all the petty asshats out themselves. easy peasy. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mrussel1 said:
    haha, awesome. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD