Options

Pearl Jam rocking Athens 30th sep!!!!

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
i'm going
who's joining??????
last concert of their european tour after a four day break
and they've never played Greeace before!!!!!

it is hard not to think of this show as the possible highlite of the tour
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EvvoEvvo Posts: 193
    yeah, its akin to the gorge in a way. however, it will be following zagreb, which has no support band, which would make athens a tough act to follow. will be a great show nonetheless.
  • Options
    hey guess what? im flying out to Athens from the UK with my dad for my FIRST EVER PEARL JAM SHOW. I've wanted to see them for so long but they didnt come to Scotland this year. ATHENS WILL ROCK.
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    I´m going to Athens as well. I´m SO looking forward to this one!! Will be seeing them in Berlin as well though...

rock on

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    sj.brodie wrote:
    hey guess what? im flying out to Athens from the UK with my dad for my FIRST EVER PEARL JAM SHOW. I've wanted to see them for so long but they didnt come to Scotland this year. ATHENS WILL ROCK.
    It shall.

I'm also flying from Scotland to see them in Athens, also my first ever Pearl Jam show. Good to know I won't be the only Scot there.
  • Options
    my friend and i are flying from israel. his first PJ show. my 6th.
    it's gonna be fuckin' beautiful!!!

see you all there - and please remember (during the show) - lets enjoy while not killing each other.
    i mean, isn't that what this whole thing called pearl jam is all about?
    sign THE petition!!!
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pearljam_to_israel/index.html

10/03/05 philadelphia
    05/09/06 toronto
    05/10/06 toronto
    06/01/06 e. rutherford
    06/03/06 e. rutherford
    09/30/06 athens
    06/12/07 munich
  • Options
    noa.whonoa.who Posts: 130
    I am too coming from Israel with my friends. I'll be staying in Athens between sep. 27th and oct. 3rd.
    This is my first pearl jam show and i'm very excited. It's going to be great!!!

I hope everyone will enjoy the show, and leave unharmed and happy.

Noa.

:)
    Watch me make up my mind instead of my face
  • Options
    i'll be at athens as well. Should be a good gig, being the last european date and all. Hope it'll be brilliant!!!!
    If Pearl Jam was a beer, they'd probably be the best beer in the world!!
  • Options
    Already here :D... just passing the time on the beautiful Greek Islands, waiting for Sept. 30th. ;)
    done
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    So, how big is the venue? Is it an outdoor venue?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    venue is a indoor basketball arena... will fit about 20,000 but wont sell out, i dont think.... just seen the posters on the streets today... i'm so happy, brings a tear to my eye...
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    so, did all these people from abroad coming to athens get fan club tickets with early entry?
  • Options
    noa.whonoa.who Posts: 130
    eyejacker wrote:
    so, did all these people from abroad coming to athens get fan club tickets with early entry?

I know about 6 people from IL (not including me) who bought TC tickets.
    Besides that, I believe most of the people posting here have early entry (TC) ticks.
    I hope this answers your question.
    Watch me make up my mind instead of my face