Options

Chris Cuomo fired from CNN

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Options
    What a fall for both these guys. Just a year ago they were all smiles.  

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,774
    ✌🏼✌🏼✌🏼✌🏼✌🏼✌🏼✌🏼
  • Options
    He’s annoying however his opinion/editorial program is not a news program. Can’t imagine Fox firing Tucker for the same thing. None of these opinion people are “journalists” but only one applies the journalistic standards to them 

Not saying it was a bad decision to fire him, just saying it’s still going to come down on CNN no matter what they do it’s a lose, lose for them.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I guess I don't really understand the issue here. he was trying to help his brother through a crisis. he wasn't advocating on his show or publicly or anything; he was advising him privately as any brother/friend would. 

I don't really care either way; not a fan of his show or any of that type of show. he'll land on his feet somewhere I'm sure. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,779
    I guess I don't really understand the issue here. he was trying to help his brother through a crisis. he wasn't advocating on his show or publicly or anything; he was advising him privately as any brother/friend would. 

I don't really care either way; not a fan of his show or any of that type of show. he'll land on his feet somewhere I'm sure. 

he lied to his employer as to the extent of his involvement.  AND sought dirt on the accusers......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    mickeyrat said:

he lied to his employer as to the extent of his involvement.  AND sought dirt on the accusers......
    Extent of involvement on getting information??

This is why democrats lose. The other side can rape steal and pillage, and get away with it. Even rally the troops and raise big $$ from it

Meanwhile if a dem or left leaning anchor tries to get information (about what is currently at worst a misdemeanor for which the anchors brother was canceled) its some sort of high crime sh!tshow. No suspension, you are canceled. 

Bill Maher can be tough to watch lately, but his thoughts on cancel culture impacting elections should not be ignored. The cancel culture is not only not working, its helping Republicans win

I am a liberal and I don't get stuff like this or Sen Franken. Just imagine the swing voters headscratching in middle America.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    edited December 2021
    mickeyrat said:

This is why democrats lose. The other side can rape steal and pillage, and get away with it. Even rally the troops and raise big $$ from it

Meanwhile if a dem or left leaning anchor tries to get information (about what is currently at worst a misdemeanor for which the anchors brother was canceled) its some sort of high crime sh!tshow. No suspension, you are canceled. 

Bill Maher can be tough to watch lately, but his thoughts on cancel culture impacting elections should not be ignored. The cancel culture is not only not working, its helping Republicans win

I am a liberal and I don't get stuff like this or Sen Franken. Just imagine the swing voters headscratching in middle America.

Read a news story or two on this. 

Before taking the time writing your four parapraphs about ”how it is”. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    mickeyrat said:

The fact that you equate an employee of a news organization with the Democrats is one of the major things wrong with this country. No news, we have Right wing news and left wing news. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mickeyrat said:

The fact that you equate an employee of a news organization with the Democrats is one of the major things wrong with this country. No news, we have Right wing news and left wing news. 
    Good points.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    just watched a brief segment online with Brian Stetler talking to Jim Acosta; man that guy's entire job is just organization cleaning; go after anyone CNN management views as a threat, whether it be tucker or now cuomo. Calling Cuomo's firing "death by a thousand cuts" because he gave management so many headaches and so many staffers were so unhappy working with him. 

nice boot licking, brian. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    just watched a brief segment online with Brian Stetler talking to Jim Acosta; man that guy's entire job is just organization cleaning; go after anyone CNN management views as a threat, whether it be tucker or now cuomo. Calling Cuomo's firing "death by a thousand cuts" because he gave management so many headaches and so many staffers were so unhappy working with him. 

Maybe people were, in fact, unhappy working with him?

I mean, he had been reported for sexual harassment by a junior colleague. 
  • Options

Maybe people were, in fact, unhappy working with him?

I mean, he had been reported for sexual harassment by a junior colleague. 
    I'm not denying that is a possibility. But I just hate the public airing of grievances by a network that continued to employee the person they are throwing under the bus. what they are trying is to justify the firing; what they are accomplishing is admitting they harbored a problem employee for the sake of ratings. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CNN is acting like Chris helped his brother hide a body…lol.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    CNN fired a talk show host. I’m sure he will be fine. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    never cared for his show. maybe, just maybe, cnn should go back to reporting news instead of these evening opinion shows. perhaps try to distinguish themselves from the dumpster fires that are fox and msnbc.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    never cared for his show. maybe, just maybe, cnn should go back to reporting news instead of these evening opinion shows. perhaps try to distinguish themselves from the dumpster fires that are fox and msnbc.
    There is something to be said for having a counter balance.  If they stoped the editorial shows then what?

what you would have is two networks being the equivalent of that long forgotten Fox show “Hannity and Colmes”.  The entire premise was to feature a hard right conservative and an extremely moderate democrat and billed it as a balanced show that featured both sides. You would have the same thing but with two networks as a whole

take the middle ground between the two and it’s a solid conservative not a middle of the road swing voter. As long as their is Tucker you’ve got an obligation to feature the CNN prime time lineup.

if everyone decided to go news only then awesome. But that won’t happen.  And we are in elementary school logic these days…. He did it so I should do it too.  That’s not fair 
  • Options
    There is something to be said for having a counter balance.  If they stoped the editorial shows then what?

what you would have is two networks being the equivalent of that long forgotten Fox show “Hannity and Colmes”.  The entire premise was to feature a hard right conservative and an extremely moderate democrat and billed it as a balanced show that featured both sides. You would have the same thing but with two networks as a whole
    Wasn't that the point of the show "CNN crossfire"? Which Tucker Carlson hosted in his bowtie.

But anywho... why not just watch PBS.
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited December 2021

Wasn't that the point of the show "CNN crossfire"? Which Tucker Carlson hosted in his bowtie.

But anywho... why not just watch PBS.
    I forgot about that one. Tucker was a lot more moderate back then.  Carville was the other guy I think.  A Clinton guy and pretty moderate.  That show was probably a great example of what a good debate show should be
  • Options
    I think people forget that Tucker used to have one of those same shows on CNN back in 2005; Crossfire. 

CNN went the way of editorial anchor shows because they obviously figured out that's where the money is. that's it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    mickeyrat said:

Yeah liberals are way too quick to kick people to the curb....i.e. Franken
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Every news group went the Howard Stern route.  Shock, yell and one sided as far as the editorials are concerned.

I was listening to NPR today and the most biased piece against conservatives that I have ever heard was on today.  I was pretty shocked by it as they usually have a balance in there, not today though.  I think it was the Brian Lehrer show?
  • Options
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Guess it runs in the family.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    Creepy Brothers…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    benjs said:
    Can we call him Fredo now without retaliation?
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    benjs said:
    It usually does
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden