Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Comments

• goldrush said:
    I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes of Hawkeye.
    Indeed. Good so far. Will be good if/when they tie in Black Widow movie.
  • goldrush said:
    It won't have Scarlet Johansen in it though, lol.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    goldrush said:
    Good. She sucks.

Florence Pugh is much better. She actually has range. Hopefully, she's in it.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    goldrush said:
    Good. She sucks.

Florence Pugh is much better. She actually has range. Hopefully, she's in it.
    Take it easy now mister.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Got 4 tickets for Spiderman.   Now just waiting to see how packed my local theater will be.  I’ll go a few weeks later if it looks like a packed house.  Covid sucks.  
  • I will go to an early screening.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    goldrush said:
    Liked Episode 3 as well. And that uncle we only get a brief glimpse of may turn out to be a character we have seen before on another show. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Have vacation time I need to burn so I've taken Fridays off. Spiderman matinee here I come. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:
    Have vacation time I need to burn so I've taken Fridays off. Spiderman matinee here I come. 
    I go on the 16th. 7:30 PM. 
  • Great flick. May have bumped this trilogy into first place for me over the Sam Raimi ones. Glad I saw it in the theater. Lots of nerds like me wearing garb and whoopin and hollerin throughout. 
  • seanwonseanwon Posts: 264
    Great flick. May have bumped this trilogy into first place for me over the Sam Raimi ones. Glad I saw it in the theater. Lots of nerds like me wearing garb and whoopin and hollerin throughout. 
    It was great. Hadn't heard audience reactions like that since Engame.
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Went to see No Way Home tonight and loved it. 
    I’m so glad we got to see it in a cinema instead of waiting for Disney+, it’s definitely a ‘big screen’ movie.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    goldrush said:
    I’m so glad we got to see it in a cinema instead of waiting for Disney+, it’s definitely a ‘big screen’ movie.
    It wouldn't be on Disney +
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    goldrush said:
    After the first Netflix-window - will it not? Isn't that the deal with Sony.
    edited December 2021
    igotid88 said:
    goldrush said:
    Well most likely then. But I mean for the meantime it won't be. None of the Spider-Man movies have been on Disney plus that I've noticed 
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2021
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    goldrush said:
    Well most likely then. But I mean for the meantime it won't be. None of the Spider-Man movies have been on Disney plus that I've noticed 
    I think they are wating for Sonys Netflix-deal to end. 

I think all 7 earlier films are on Netflix here in Sweden at least. But after that they will turn up on DIsney plus.

Anywho, it was worth seeing in a theatre for the crowds reaction for when the character who pops up and catches a brick shows up, and other stuff. But I don't think it will be looked back as a masterpiece. Story wise and film making wise I found it kind of sloppy.

Andrew Garfield was the best thing about the film. But everything was very onenote and onedimensional, including the villains. The whole plot felt like it was rushed through the last 15 minutes of a workshop.

Also weird, with them setting up Vulture and Mysterio in the earlier films but not utilizing them here when they suddenly find themselves having the whole Sinister Six.

Also, why did the whole world turn on Spider-Man? The dude saved the world beating Thanos. It felt very much like a first scribbled draft of something that would have been tweaked and and worked out when actually being written. But never was.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Really liked Hawkeye.  Looking forward to seeing No Way Home in the theater soon....
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    goldrush said:
    I think they are wating for Sonys Netflix-deal to end. 

I think all 7 earlier films are on Netflix here in Sweden at least. But after that they will turn up on DIsney plus.

Anywho, it was worth seeing in a theatre for the crowds reaction for when the character who pops up and catches a brick shows up, and other stuff. But I don't think it will be looked back as a masterpiece. Story wise and film making wise I found it kind of sloppy.

Andrew Garfield was the best thing about the film. But everything was very onenote and onedimensional, including the villains. The whole plot felt like it was rushed through the last 15 minutes of a workshop.

Also weird, with them setting up Vulture and Mysterio in the earlier films but not utilizing them here when they suddenly find themselves having the whole Sinister Six.

Also, why did the whole world turn on Spider-Man? The dude saved the world beating Thanos. It felt very much like a first scribbled draft of something that would have been tweaked and and worked out when actually being written. But never was.

Sony Netflix new deal starts in 2022. After that Disney will have to win a bidding war hope Sony gives up the rights to Spider-Man 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    goldrush said:
    Ah yes, I forgot about the Sony/Disney thing. There are so many streaming platforms I forget where everything lies!

Also when you combine the brick catcher with what happened in Hawkeye, it's pretty cool.

(Tim Rogers)
    Our daughter is home visiting for a month so we’ve introduced and gotten her hooked on the MCU.  

We saw No way Home twice this week :lol:
    every single night at home is a diferent film.  
    Finally got to see Eternals last night. It was pretty good, but the other 3 MCU movies from 2021 were all a lot better.

(Tim Rogers)
    Shang Chi was really good.  
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Watched spiderman with my daughter.  She had to leave to use the restroom during the credits so we missed the credits and post credits scene.  Anyone able to share the spoiler of what we missed during the credits?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2022
    static111 said:
    Watched spiderman with my daughter.  She had to leave to use the restroom during the credits so we missed the credits and post credits scene.  Anyone able to share the spoiler of what we missed during the credits?

Scene 1:
    Tom Hardys Venom is in the MCU-universe (following the credits scene in Venom 2) at a bar and Eddie Brock asks the bartender about weird shit that has happened in the MCU-universe (if I remember it correctly). Then Eddie Brock gets thrown back into his universe, but a little bit of the symbiote is left on the bar counter and just as they cut it moves a little bit.

Scene2
    After the credits there is a trailer to Dr Strange 2. This has also been made available on youtube. 

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:

Scene 1:
    Tom Hardys Venom is in the MCU-universe (following the credits scene in Venom 2) at a bar and Eddie Brock asks the bartender about weird shit that has happened in the MCU-universe (if I remember it correctly). Then Eddie Brock gets thrown back into his universe, but a little bit of the symbiote is left on the bar counter and just as they cut it moves a little bit.

Scene2
    After the credits there is a trailer to Dr Strange 2. This has also been made available on youtube. 

thanks!!!!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    Was the dog in Hawkeye real or cgi?
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    The eye is cgi, but the dog is real... or did it do something a dog can't? Maybe I've msised something..
    igotid88 said:
    The eye is cgi, but the dog is real... or did it do something a dog can't? Maybe I've msised something..
    That's what threw me off I guess. For some reason it made the whole dog look cgi.
    I miss igotid88

(Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush said:
    I watched this without sound and was happily surprised that the guy from New Girl was in this.  Then I listened w sound and was deeply disappointed.

The jewish boy born in Chicago now has a British accent.  

I don't care for too much tampering w the OG design but I will give it a chance...