Options

Happy Hanukkah!

iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
Happy Hanukkah everybody! Hope you have 8 days and nights full of fun!

Time to go make some potato pancakes! :D
Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Happy Hanukkah to you, iamica!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I don't celebrate Hanukkah but what the hell, why not? Happy Hanukkah to you as well iamica!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,889
    Happy Hanukkah, everyone!! 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    We celebrated it every year when I was growing up. It meant so much to my father.

As an adult, I haven’t really observed it save for lighting the menorah in my dad’s memory — and honor. Given that this will be the first one since my cousin’s death earlier this month, I’m going to his wife’s/son’s home to do the lights next weekend. I’m looking forward to it. 

(I miss badbrains!)
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    Happy Hanukkah 🕎 
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    We celebrated it every year when I was growing up. It meant so much to my father.

As an adult, I haven’t really observed it save for lighting the menorah in my dad’s memory — and honor. Given that this will be the first one since my cousin’s death earlier this month, I’m going to his wife’s/son’s home to do the lights next weekend. I’m looking forward to it. 

(I miss badbrains!)
    I am so sorry about your cousin. I am sure that it will be special for you to get together with his family to light the candles. I usually don’t celebrate either. I generally don’t celebrate any of the religious holidays. But this year since it was so early and overlapped with my Thanksgiving visit with my family we lit the candles at my brother’s house. My parents, brother, and sister and their families were there. All the kids had a great time and were loaded up with gifts. My parents always go overboard with the grandchildren gifts. It was nice to be there. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

(I miss badbrains!)
    I am so sorry about your cousin. I am sure that it will be special for you to get together with his family to light the candles. I usually don’t celebrate either. I generally don’t celebrate any of the religious holidays. But this year since it was so early and overlapped with my Thanksgiving visit with my family we lit the candles at my brother’s house. My parents, brother, and sister and their families were there. All the kids had a great time and were loaded up with gifts. My parents always go overboard with the grandchildren gifts. It was nice to be there. 
    Thanks, GG. And I’m glad for you having that time with your family. Sometimes it’s so nice to reconnect with an old ritual or time. 
  • Options
    Happy Hanukkah! Spin spin spin the blue dreidel.