WEATHER

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    rainy rainy here in southern Ontario…all good.  Been a fantastic fall.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    so many days of raijn 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    so many days of raijn 
    Right sir.. over a week now..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    In Southern, Ontario its 70 and sunny…almost a perfect day.  I hope this a prelude to a mild winter…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • 21 degrees in England which is really warm for this time of year.
  • Minus 1 today 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    First snow flurries last night in suburban NY. Sunny, but COLD.
    Gray, rainy day again..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Freezing,more snow tonight. No power or water til Saturday.  This is hell!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Boxing Day (December 26) was sunny and beautiful…2 days later we get out first very minor snow storm 🌨 of the season..Brrrrr.  Bring on spring.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:
    How can you not have power or water till Saturday?  wtf. Jeesh.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited December 2021
    brianlux said:
    Happy to hear you still have Wi-Fi but goodness @brianlux I really feel for you, that's next year!  I hope they can sort things out sooner and it's not too cold. 
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
    brianlux said:

Hope you have some non electrical options for heat.  
    brianlux said:
    Latest update is no power or water until NEXT Wednesday,  1/5/22. This is hell!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Latest update is no power or water until NEXT Wednesday,  1/5/22. This is hell!
    How cold?  I’m in Canada.  It gets cold here in December…albeit I live in mild southern Ontario I still need heat.  Water I could work around…it would be an inconvenience.

Can you go off grid?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,392
    Climate change cold snap. Too cold to ski. Poor cows and farmers still hurting from the fires and floods.
    We went to a friends house to get much needed showers, then out for supplies and some food.  Got home in the cold and dark around 7 PM... but wait... what's this?  A light on in the house?  Is that possible?  IT IS!  POWER IS BACK ON!  Hallejfreakinlujah!

brianlux said:
    We went to a friends house to get much needed showers, then out for supplies and some food.  Got home in the cold and dark around 7 PM... but wait... what's this?  A light on in the house?  Is that possible?  IT IS!  POWER IS BACK ON!  Hallejfreakinlujah!

Great news Brian!!
    stay safe and warm!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• brianlux said:

You seriously need a generator.
  • Rain.  Lots of it.  Wish it would just snow.  Rain makes thing grow but we don't need it all the time...

Location is NY.
  • Yesterday;

Today:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    brianlux said:

I'm thinking whole house generator.  Power outages are now a way of life in the west due to weather extremes.  In the winter, because power goes out almost every time it snows or there is a lot of wind.  In the late summer and fall, because PG&E shuts power due to fire danger. 
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:

Great news Brian!!
    stay safe and warm!!

Thank you, 23!  So nice to wake up to 65 degrees Fahrenheit in the house!

Yesterday;

Today:

You warmed up fast!  Nice before and after photos. 

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    edited December 2021
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I'm thinking whole house generator.  Power outages are now a way of life in the west due to weather extremes.  In the winter, because power goes out almost every time it snows or there is a lot of wind.  In the late summer and fall, because PG&E shuts power due to fire danger. 
    23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:

Great news Brian!!
    stay safe and warm!!

Brian you can buy a $1000 generator to power up the basics or if you have central HVAC you'd need a slightly bigger machine to power it up.

A quick disconnect is easy enough to do to your power box.

EDIT:  Have the engine converted to natural gas which is easier to get.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773

Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
    Looks like 2022 will be coming in with up to 10 cm of snow here in southern Ontario.  I’m staying watching football and vaping some cannabis…happy New Years.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    Sunny, but cold
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    We didn't get snow on Friday night when it was forecast, but got some Sunday night when it wasn't. Go figure.
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

23scidoo said:
    brianlux said:

Great news Brian!!
    stay safe and warm!!

Generac more than pays for itself.  They are expensive, but you add double or even triple the cost to your selling price when you sell your house.