2XL Poster Framing?

lloprestlloprest Detroit, MI Posts: 2
Anyone had any luck framing the 2XL posters?  Been doing some research and everywhere I look, they are too big for them to do.  Any insight/recs would be appreciated.  Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    I have thought (not done... yet) about slicing one up into 4 frameable posters. Yes, it would completely lose it's value, but if you never plan to sell, it could be something you might consider.
  • Not sure how big these posters actually are, but I’ve used frame it easy.com and had good success with the odd shaped large ones and small ones as well. It’s completely custom, down to an 1/8th of an inch. Not too expensive either.
  • SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 683
    Pm me and I’ll gladly walk you through what I’ve done with mine. 

• SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072
    edited November 2021
    I used ftameiteasy as well (formerly known as posterframedepot). They send you a custom-sized frame kit with acrylic rolled up in a box and everything you need to hang it. Easy enough to assemble. My recollection is that they can do up to 60 x 42, which is big enough for most of the 2XLs but a few like the Istanbul and 98 tractor are wider than that. 

I was pleased with them for awhile but eventually the prints started to get a bit wavy in the frame due to their size. I added some more clips to the rear to try to fix the issue, which helped but not completely. Then the company recommended mounting to the foam with a reversible adhesive, which I haven't done. In hindsight, I probably would have taken them to a pro even though I'm sure it would be far more expensive. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • My concert buddy got his framed with UV glass, and they do a Hi-Res scan of the story on the back. It was pretty pricey, he said. I take all mine to the local lady here, and she does phenomenal work! Not sure where you are located and what shipping is, but she does incredible work! 

https://www.framingcottage.net/
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I’d look into online options. I’ve used ArtToFrames.com for most of my frame jobs. Make sure it’s completely flat or they do end up a little wavy. But I’ve gotten my non-standard size posters framed for about $50, a fraction of what it costs at hobby lobby even with their coupons. I’ll check out frame it easy next time
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    biz999 said:
    I have thought (not done... yet) about slicing one up into 4 frameable posters. Yes, it would completely lose it's value, but if you never plan to sell, it could be something you might consider.

Would love to see that.