You know you're getting old when...

123457»

Comments

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    The last time I was at my Mom's, I was talking with some of her friends and they mentioned how well their grandson was doing in his sophomore year at college. This grandson was the ring bearer at my wedding when he was 4 or 5.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    mfc2006 said:
    brianlux said:
    mfc2006 said:
    When you pull your damn back by reaching for a cereal box. Good god, man. Old sports injury that pops up at random times. It's been painful for almost 2 days.

I hear ya, mfc!  A little less than two weeks ago I reached in the fridge for something and felt that tell-tale little *piiiinng* in my back.  I iced it right away but still, by the next morning, my back was in so much pain I couldn't put my own shoes on or get dressed.  My wife had to do something because she was leaving that evening to be gone for a week to go see her daughter.  She got me dressed and took me to the E.R. where the shot me up full of pain meds.  If this had happened the next day when she was gone, things would have really gotten interesting.
    Glad your wife was still in town, Brian!

My back issue is strange. Most of the time it's a temporary thing where I can stretch it out. As I've gotten older, it seems to linger a bit longer. This latest bout is ridiculous. Cereal??? Seriously?

I think that I should go see my DR about it and go from there. Just a pain in the ass (& back).
    Thanks!  :smile:
    Your incident was so frustrating for you, mfc!  Those insignificant little moves that knock you down for spell.  I hope you're bouncing right back!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    Stretching is part of my daily routine, like eating meals. Turmeric is great. I'm 43 and my own mortality enters my mind. Additionally, when I look in the rearview mirror while at a stoplight, the natural light has a majestic way of highlighting the small ear hairs that are sprouting.