Options

Sam Fender

A local boy to me, saw him for live for the first time yesterday after 18 months of delays, and it was worth the wait. 

Sam is well known in the UK, I’m not sure how well known internationally, but he’s a real talent. 

A lot of his more popular songs are a little too polished for my taste, but some are great including the title tracks of his two albums Hypersonic Missiles and Seventeen Going Under. 

Some real gems lie in the less popular tracks, including: Aye, The Borders, Leave Fast, Angel in Lothian, Mantra, Poundshop Kardashians and Howdon Aldi Death Queue (find a live version). 

Absolutely amazing live, well worth a look if he’s ever playing near you.
2010: London
2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
2017: London II (EV) 
2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
2019: London (EV)
2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    tino_11 said:
    A local boy to me, saw him for live for the first time yesterday after 18 months of delays, and it was worth the wait. 

Sam is well known in the UK, I’m not sure how well known internationally, but he’s a real talent. 

A lot of his more popular songs are a little too polished for my taste, but some are great including the title tracks of his two albums Hypersonic Missiles and Seventeen Going Under. 

Some real gems lie in the less popular tracks, including: Aye, The Borders, Leave Fast, Angel in Lothian, Mantra, Poundshop Kardashians and Howdon Aldi Death Queue (find a live version). 

Absolutely amazing live, well worth a look if he’s ever playing near you.
    From the little I've heard, your summation sounds about right on.  I wasn't crazy about some, but some of his stuff sounds pretty good.  An opening for Bob Dylan and Neil Young in 2019 at his age- well, there you go!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I don’t know him but I know Gang of Youths is opening his tour and they’re incredible