How do you keep your innersleaves inside your records?

How?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

How do you keep your innersleaves inside your records? 11 votes

Slit upwards
81%
goldrushBrainofBGATim SimmonsZodGlowGirldankindeddiecbrianluxF Me In The Brain 9 votes
Slit towards spine
0%
Slit towards cover's slit
18%
mickeyratRS151862 2 votes

Comments

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Slit upwards
    Or however it best seems to slide in. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Slit upwards
    I have a friend who insists that it is best to keep the record in the inner sleeve but in behind the jacket with an outer sleeve over the whole thing.  I'm for LP in the inner sleeve with slit upward and inside the jacket, then a quality polyethylene jacket over both, jacket slit upward.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:
    I have a friend who insists that it is best to keep the record in the inner sleeve but in behind the jacket with an outer sleeve over the whole thing. 
    Stops ringwear. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,693
    Slit upwards
    brianlux said:
    I have a friend who insists that it is best to keep the record in the inner sleeve but in behind the jacket with an outer sleeve over the whole thing.  I'm for LP in the inner sleeve with slit upward and inside the jacket, then a quality polyethylene jacket over both, jacket slit upward.
    I used to do the outer sleeve with the opening matching the opening of the record, so I wouldn't have to take it off. But they kept sliding when Put the record back on the shelf. So, now I put the outer sleeve opening facing up. Sometimes, it is more of a pain having to take the record all the way out and put it back in the outer sleeve (I am looking at you, Gigaton) - but generally it only take a few seconds more.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Slit upwards
    brianlux said:
    I have a friend who insists that it is best to keep the record in the inner sleeve but in behind the jacket with an outer sleeve over the whole thing. 
    Stops ringwear. 

That what my friend claims also, but I have records that I've stored the way I described for a many years and they show no ring wear (or added ring wear if it was present when purchased).  But I also part the records that go before and after so there is no rubbing.  I also think using Sleeve City 5 mil Ultimate Outer give them a lot of extra added protection.  They are more costly but the protection they provide really pays off!

GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    I used to do the outer sleeve with the opening matching the opening of the record, so I wouldn't have to take it off. But they kept sliding when Put the record back on the shelf. So, now I put the outer sleeve opening facing up. Sometimes, it is more of a pain having to take the record all the way out and put it back in the outer sleeve (I am looking at you, Gigaton) - but generally it only take a few seconds more.

Yeah, I agree, the extra time keeps them nice. 
    I'm also pretty much into the whole "listening to records as ritual" and as a very intentional and focused activity.  The only casual listening I do is with CDs in the car.  At home, I'm 100% with the music and the "process" (sheesh, that sounds rather stodgy, lol) of playing LPs.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Slit upwards
    Exactly as it is when I first open it.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Geeking out on wax storage? Go here: https://vinylstoragesolutions.ca/