Cantrell goes Country

SpartanacusSpartanacus San Diego Posts: 794
I typically try to live by the "If you have nothing to say..." motto...but I'm disappointed in his latest 'country-rock' album.  Granted, I'm not a country guy so I'm not surprised.  Oh well.  Hopefully AIC keeps putting out new music.

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865

I mean its not like that guy from Stained who went country. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Album is awesome, laced with those feel good 90s melancholy. Definitely wouldn't classify it as country rock. Not upbeat enough, missing references to beer, the troops, America and of course, being dumped by your girlfriend for being a fucking douche. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • It's funny because if you ever watch any reaction videos from 'non-rock' fans to AIC's music, a lot of them seem to mention how there's a country twang to the music and vocals, maybe it's always been there and some people never noticed, hmm.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    I'm enjoying it.. I didn't really notice the country that much, but I do like a country a little.  Like Rock is my main genre, but punk, metal, country etc.. are some other genres I like :)  90s country though.. Like some Garth Brooks or Alan Jackson :)
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    I'm not sure how someone could describe Brighten as a country album, unless they've never heard country music before. There's country influences there but Cantrell has always been open about his love for that genre. Great album.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."