Options

If you haven't already check out Arctic Monkeys...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,002
    My late mother was friends with Alex's granny  - just thought I'd let you know!

Signed copy of "Five Minutes With Arctic Monkeys"? No problem!
    Very cool, a signed tranquility base album would be a grail for me, they pop up on eBay every so often 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Whatever People Say I Am is a top record, for me.  Love it.
    Humbug is probably my 2nd favorite of theirs.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Both great albums, I like all of them and how they each have their own style. WPSIM and favourite worst nightmare are similar sounding but still have their own style. 
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited October 2021
    In one of the few examples of when too much hype can be to one's benefit, I was at SXSW in Austin in 2007 and they were THE SHOW everyone wanted to see.  So many people had VIP passes, which always got priority at every show over our local Austin resident wristbands, so most people just wrote it off as impossible to get into and didn't go.  But turned out so did the VIPs, they assumed chaos and long lines and they didn't go either, so we were FRONT ROW baby for one of the 1st Arctic Monkeys shows in the US I do believe.

And they slayed, to state the obvious :)  Although a couple of them looked completely terrified or stressed out as well.  But they slayed!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Nice!
    Have not seen them live, just never happened.  At some point.

Hawk123 said:
    Both great albums, I like all of them and how they each have their own style. WPSIM and favourite worst nightmare are similar sounding but still have their own style. 

Agree, I like them both.  Playing the 2nd now and it is very good.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    Their Live at the Royal Albert Hall show might be one of the best live albums ever
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Their Live at the Royal Albert Hall show might be one of the best live albums ever

I would've had a seizure during View From The Afternoon
    :lol:  
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Best zombie thread ever!! 🧟‍♂️ Love their later records! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    They have a pretty extensive b sides catalog too. You’re so dark, afternoons hat, stop the world, joining the dots, the bakery. So many good ones. 
  • Options
    Nice!
    Absolutely make sure you do - I saw them a few times over the years, last time in 2018 for Tranquility Base Hotel and they were SO different from '07 but still so fantastic!

Also I was wrong, looks like they were in the US in 2006 too, so that SXSW show was super early but not their 1st in Texas.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    edited October 2021
    JH6056 said:
    Nice!
    Absolutely make sure you do - I saw them a few times over the years, last time in 2018 for Tranquility Base Hotel and they were SO different from '07 but still so fantastic!

Also I was wrong, looks like they were in the US in 2006 too, so that SXSW show was super early but not their 1st in Texas.

2005 Mercury Lounge was the first US show.  US showcase. Yes, I was there basically 5 feet away from the band. They had a rowdy british following that was in attendance that night.  LOVED this band, for the first two records. After that, I am not into it.  Alex with a pompadour? No thanks.  They had a really good 3 years.  Play the myspace songs goddammit. Bigger boys and stolen sweethearts.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    JH6056 said:
    Nice!

2005 Mercury Lounge was the first US show.  US showcase. Yes, I was there basically 5 feet away from the band. They had a rowdy british following that was in attendance that night.  LOVED this band, for the first two records. After that, I am not into it.  Alex with a pompadour? No thanks.  They had a really good 3 years.  Play the myspace songs goddammit. Bigger boys and stolen sweethearts.
    Of course you were there! That's awesome!
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,944
    Yeah, I haven't come around to them after Worst Nightmare. Still those first 3 years were all killer.

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    JH6056 said:
    Get_Right said:
    JH6056 said:
    Nice!

Of course you were there! That's awesome!

Ive been very lucky!  ;)