Options

New OLP (This is a band from Canada called Our Lady Peace)

13»

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    NWOntario said:
    I loved Our Lady Peace so much during the Clumsy/Happiness... era. Their first two albums are absolute piledrivers. Their next two albums are patchy, but still good. It was a straight nosedive when Mike Turner left, and when Jeremy Taggart left any lingering interest I had in them disappeared completely. I gave the new album a listen the other day. It's just so generic and such a damn shame.
    yeah. I mean, Raine insulted Mike Turner saying "I'm sure he has a future in music, just not with a 6 string". it MIGHT be a coincidence that their output started to wane when he left, but then again, maybe not. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,804
    edited March 2018
    Yeah Catch/Happiness I played non stop and it was the apex for me with the band; loved that album. Spiritual Machines was “patchy” (good word for it poster above) but I played the hell out of it. Then it turned bad pretty quick. I haven’t listened to anything or paid attention since Gravity song 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    new album Spiritual Machines II out January 2022. first two tracks are meh for me. Apparently Mike was invited back to the band for some role in the recording/and or writing of this record. Raine was quoted as saying "it wouldn't be right to do a sequel to SM without Mike". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    new album Spiritual Machines II out January 2022. first two tracks are meh for me. Apparently Mike was invited back to the band for some role in the recording/and or writing of this record. Raine was quoted as saying "it wouldn't be right to do a sequel to SM without Mike". 

Mike is featured on one of the RK tracks. Not loving the first 2 singles. The NFT version is supposedly going to be available 11/25 although Raine is notoriously bad at giving release dates. But at least there's real dates this time, plus I'm suspecting the 2 month gap is to drive the NFT thing on the platform that he's involved with.
    I am wired and fading...