Wishlist painting

Crazy_FraCrazy_Fra Posts: 30
edited November 2020 in The Art Wall
Hi everyone!
I am new here. Indeed after years I have decided enter the PJ 10 club only yesterday. 
So today I'd like to show you this painting that I have made this summer.
I have been inspired by Wishlist lyrics:" I wish I was the full moon shining off a camaro’s hood" and also I took inspiration by Yield cover album too
This song and the whole album means a lot to me so doing this painting was really liberating and relaxing... I hope you enjoy it :)

Post edited by Crazy_Fra on

Comments

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Very cool painting, love it! How about a Wishlist series? There are more paintings in those lyrics! 
  • JPPJ84 said:
    Very cool painting, love it! How about a Wishlist series? There are more paintings in those lyrics! 

Thank you so much!! And yes I have already thought about that, indeed Whilst has such powerful lyrics. I hope to have more time to do the other paintings :)

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Nicely done Crazy_Fra! I agree do a Wishlist series.
    Welcome!
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    Super duper and welcome to the club! I took a several month hiatus from this page and tonight, I plugged in Gigaton and that old part of my cerebellum woke up and .. well... brought me back in to the forum lol. Nice painting. Would love to see more lyric-inspired paintings!
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • evsgjamm said:
    Super duper and welcome to the club! I took a several month hiatus from this page and tonight, I plugged in Gigaton and that old part of my cerebellum woke up and .. well... brought me back in to the forum lol. Nice painting. Would love to see more lyric-inspired paintings!
    Thank you so much! And yes, I would love to do more lyric inspired paintings ... I need only to get the inspiration! XD
  • jgmochjgmoch Fayetteville, NC Posts: 79
    Ok. When I initially saw this one, I immediately thought of Van Gogh. It's almost like you've merged Starry Night and the Yield cover together seamlessly. Reminds me of the night I mentally flipped out and drove 1800 miles non-stop straight to Denver...... the wind rose up and sat me down on my knees. Three days later I was staring at the Space Needle, living out of my car on 4th Ave. & Denny Way, and just thanking the invisible sky-wizard that I had escaped the cultural calamity that we all refer to as The East Coast.

I guess what I'm saying is-- your art inspires deeper feelings and conjecture. I also miss my brothers and sisters in Seattle. 

He could've tuned in, tuned in
    But he tuned out
    A bad time, nothing could save him
    Alone in a corridor, waiting, locked out
    He got up outta there, ran for hundreds of miles
    He made it to the ocean, had a smoke in a tree
    The wind rose up, set him down on his knee

Temple_Of_Belltown
  • jgmoch said:
    Ok. When I initially saw this one, I immediately thought of Van Gogh. It's almost like you've merged Starry Night and the Yield cover together seamlessly. Reminds me of the night I mentally flipped out and drove 1800 miles non-stop straight to Denver...... the wind rose up and sat me down on my knees. Three days later I was staring at the Space Needle, living out of my car on 4th Ave. & Denny Way, and just thanking the invisible sky-wizard that I had escaped the cultural calamity that we all refer to as The East Coast.

I guess what I'm saying is-- your art inspires deeper feelings and conjecture. I also miss my brothers and sisters in Seattle. 

He could've tuned in, tuned in
    But he tuned out
    A bad time, nothing could save him
    Alone in a corridor, waiting, locked out
    He got up outta there, ran for hundreds of miles
    He made it to the ocean, had a smoke in a tree
    The wind rose up, set him down on his knee

I have to admit that Van Gogh is one of my favorite artists, and when I paint something I'm used to get inspired by him, so maybe yeah I put a bit of Van Gogh into Pearl Jam... I thibk this 2 world could be perfect together! And btw thank you so much for your kinds words... for someone who loves create art for an hobby and not for a job like me, these compliments means a lot. 
    I have never been in Seattle, unluckily a live so so fire away from that city, but a day I hope I will able to visit that beautiful city and meet some people of this fantastic pj community and not only pj
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    love that painting! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD