Options

The Bridge School Concerts. Both 1994 shows available to rent on NYA

Comments

• Options

• Options

• Options
     everything edwho and DoDaFoo said above- i loved it. + BSB 2010, particularly day 2(re: it rained both days...loved Pearl Jam that second day.)
  • Options
    demetrios said:

One more year until Pearl Jam's first appearance!

• Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    I made an acoustic mix of songs from MTV Unplugged and the bridge school shows. It's about 30 songs long and is awesome. 
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Was able to attend 3 of the Bridge Show concerts over the years, extremely memorable event, each one.  Such emotion, and some amazing performances, most specifically Trent Reznor.  Nothing you would have imagined.  Was never a NIN fan but he was incredible.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,825
    demetrios said:

One more year until Pearl Jam's first appearance!

Oh yeah!
  • Options
    - yeah, i found out later that Pearl Jam played there in '92. I hadn't even heard (my) first Pearl Jam song, yet-a "late-bird", I got smitten Immediately the first time I heard the band in '93 , same time my brother told me about the annual Bridge School Benefits- and we went to '94's BSB, first time seeing Pearl Jam & Bridge! It was great! Returned to the BSB '96, another great! and in between saw Pearl Jam in '95 San Jose. I kept on attending most of the BSB's-all the way through the last,( sadly ) in 2016.  My 1st and my last ( 2014) seeing Pearl Jam 'LIVE' were coutesy of the BSB's - I'm so glad I got to/very thankful! ( now as I live and breathe, I will beable to list Ohana Encore as my last time I've seen Pearl Jam "LIVE"...) Yet half the times I count as getting to see PJ "Live" are bcuz of Peggi ( RIP)& Neil and the Bridge School Benefit concerts...love 'em.
  • Options
    ( my people said at one time over the years that I had "dumped" Neil, my fav. for Pearl Jam, so I went and stacked my cd's-and it was neck &  neck- 27 Neil Young cd's ( not including record albums) and 27 cd's for Pearl Jam at that> so i told 'em, so there! Lol)
  • Options
    I made an acoustic mix of songs from MTV Unplugged and the bridge school shows. It's about 30 songs long and is awesome. 
    Love this ^ ^ ^ 
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    DoDaFoo said:
    I went in 2011 (Eddie Solo). Day 2 may possibly be the best day of music I ever see in my entire life.

We saw Neil Young, Eddie Vedder, Foo Fighters, Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds, Tony Bennett, Mumford and Sons, Beck, Santana, Arcade Fire, and Norah Jones. What a day.
    I went to many Bridge School Benefit shows and this one was probably my favorite. So many amazing bands packed into one weekend.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    edited October 2021
    Was able to attend 3 of the Bridge Show concerts over the years, extremely memorable event, each one.  Such emotion, and some amazing performances, most specifically Trent Reznor.  Nothing you would have imagined.  Was never a NIN fan but he was incredible.
    I was just about to post about this set. I remember Trent saying something to the effect that he had no idea that he was going to have to perform acoustic when he agreed to do the set. Got a string section together and absolutely fucking killed it. Naturally, I bought tickets and made the trip because Pearl Jam was headlining the show, yet Trent's set was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread. Every minute of each song he did both nights was fucking beautiful. I've been searching out a recording since coming home that weekend. Found a pretty shitty audience recording long, long ago that just whetted my appetite further. There are some videos on YouTube but the quality also sucks. Needless to say, I'm fucking psyched that Neil might be releasing this 2006 show. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A53vuFUedQ8
    Post edited by walkunafraid on
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Crossing fingers Neil puts up 1992 soon.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,262
    demetrios said:
    Crossing fingers Neil puts up 1992 soon.
    :prayer:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,148
    nice, that was a fun watch.. looking foward to the other ones showing up over time.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    nice, that was a fun watch.. looking foward to the other ones showing up over time.

Oh me too.
  • Options
    Bridge School 92
    Bridge School '92
    The Neil Young Archives has released the 6th annual 1992 Bridge School performance. The full-length performance, featuring Pearl Jam, Neil Young, James Taylor, and others is available to rent.

The Bridge School is a non-profit organization whose mission is to ensure that individuals with physical and speech impairments may fully participate in their communities. 

MORE INFO
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    Both nights of the 1994 Bridge School Benefit are now available to rent on NYA

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:

Awesome!!! :)

Bridge School ‘94
    Last month the Neil Young Archives released the 6th annual 1992 Bridge School performance. 

Now both nights of the 1994 Bridge School performance, featuring Pearl Jam, Neil Young, James Taylor, and others are available to rent.

The Bridge School is a non-profit organization whose mission is to ensure that individuals with physical and speech impairments may fully participate in their communities. 
    NIGHT ONE
    NIGHT TWO

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Rent available for 48 hours.

Pete Droge, Ministry, Indigo Girls, Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers, Pearl Jam, Neil Young & Crazy Horse

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,262
    ^ On my to-watch list :wink:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:
    ^ On my to-watch list :wink:

Excellent! :)
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,148
    I really enjoyed watching these, especially the PJ sets.  So good :)  Short, but amazing :)
  • Options
    Zod said:
    I really enjoyed watching these, especially the PJ sets.  So good :)  Short, but amazing :)

Indeed. They could totally release all their BSB shows to date in a sweet custom CD / Vinyl Box Set.

• Options
    goldrush said:

Up!