Options

Eddie Vedder and his marathon at Dana Point Sept 23rd

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,738

Written by: Víctor D. S. G. September 24, 2021

Eddie Vedder does not fail year after year at the Californian Ohana Festival that he commands in Dana Point, and this year we already knew that he was going to do a double since one night he was going to perform alone and another with his companions in Pearl Jam.

Yesterday things went wrong for the Kings Of Leon family and they had to announce their cancellation on the opening day of the festival where they were the headliners due to a family matter. That is why Eddie Vedder took the reins and announced that My Morning Jacket will expand the set of their concert and he would also perform on Friday night.

So, in principle, Eddie Vedder had a full weekend left where he would perform 3 nights in a row, but we have just received information this afternoon where we can confirm that yesterday, Thursday, September 23, Eddie Vedder offered a private concert on the stage of the festival for a select group of guests from the NET Jets company, for whom I had already organized a sarao previously.

This concert lasted about an hour and a half, which undoubtedly served as a rehearsal with new stage companions but old friends and acquaintances such as Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Josh Klinghoffer, Glen Hansard, Andy Watt (producer of his next album), and bass Pino Palladino (The Who, Jeff Beck, NIN, ...). Eddie at one point comments that this is the first time they have all gotten together for a sound check and that he usually doesn't sweat as much on them.

Eddie makes references to various birthdays, he comments that Chad Smith's birthday is close but that yesterday was that of Bruce Springsteen and his daughter Haper who was turning 13 years old. It is when the famous television presenter James Corden appears on stage with a cake for the little Vedder and they all sing her happy birthday.

The version of Corduroy is similar to the one he already performed at VAX Live last May, and in Bettet Man he included Patti Smith's People Have The Power as they already did in Asbury park last weekend.

We leave you the setlist that we have been able to verify that he interpreted. At the end Corduroy thanks his colleagues and comments that in a few minutes he will go out to play another song ... but we have not been able to confirm what happened (for now).

Setlist:

Keep Me In Your Heart (Eddie solo)
    Rise (Eddie solo)
    Wishlist (Eddie solo)
    Society (con Glen Harnsard)
    Drive (R.E.M.)
    Tender Mercies
    Long Way
    My Father’s Daughter
    Should I Stay Or Should I Go (The Clash)
    Happy Birthday a Harper Vedder
    I’m One (The Who)
    Better Man / People Have The Power (Patti Smith)
    Corduroy
    Give Blod (Pete Townshed)
    Purple Rain (Prince) junto a James Corden

Comments