Options

Questions about Ed´s solo performances...

EwankEwank Posts: 108
edited May 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Well, I had the chance to listen to the beerkley show, and couldn´t help thinking about this:

1. On Hard Sun...is there a drummer and another guitar player? coz , besides Ed and Liam Finn, the drumms sound recorded, so does the acoustic guitar..

2. Is Ed really singing on Arc? or is just a recording? sure, at least one of the voices must be recorded, but does he sing at all?

3. not a question, but goddamm it, Milkworker, Forever Young and Growing Up are fine masterpieces!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    1) Hard sun has a "backing track" being played that is prolly mostly the acoustic and drums. Ed is playing electric guitar (power chords and some wailing solos) on the track. Liam Finn (or guests) play drums on top of the backing track. Acoustic rhythm guitar is the backing track. Guests (Liam, EJ) sing the chorus with Ed (though I'm not sure if a bit of the backing vocals is the backing track....) Contrary to some opinion, Ed does not lip snyc this one, but I'm not sure about Liam and EJ.

2) It's all Ed "live" -- in that he's working a loop machine, layer one vocal take over another, over another over another. Then he switches to the main mic, howls a little bit (not laying that down, doesn't repeat) but then switches back to looping mic, howls, and then the song fades.

3) Millworker was the epitome of the show for me. But Trouble was my fav.
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    acutejam wrote:
    1) Hard sun has a "backing track" being played that is prolly mostly the acoustic and drums. Ed is playing electric guitar (power chords and some wailing solos) on the track. Liam Finn (or guests) play drums on top of the backing track. Acoustic rhythm guitar is the backing track. Guests (Liam, EJ) sing the chorus with Ed (though I'm not sure if a bit of the backing vocals is the backing track....) Contrary to some opinion, Ed does not lip snyc this one, but I'm not sure about Liam and EJ.

2) It's all Ed "live" -- in that he's working a loop machine, layer one vocal take over another, over another over another. Then he switches to the main mic, howls a little bit (not laying that down, doesn't repeat) but then switches back to looping mic, howls, and then the song fades.

3) Millworker was the epitome of the show for me. But Trouble was my fav.

Pretty much sums it up right here.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    I loved walkin' the cow. flawless....
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I'll be happy if I don't hear Millworker anytime soon. lol