Options

Beto O'Rourke

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,282
    edited November 2018
    Baffoon is telling the whole world to fuck off , specially this nation just by his actions & tweets ...Wrong thread 
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2018
    @PJPOWER

Addressing the crowd in Irving, a suburb of Dallas, Reznor first asked: “Who voted for Ted Cruz? See the lights aren’t on, I can’t see. Is there any way to turn the lights on? I’d like to see. Raise your hand, you guys, nothing to be ashamed of, just checking.”

According to the NIN frontman, Cruz had wanted to check out the concert, but was royally rejected by the band. “He might be here tonight, he was bugging to get on the guest list, and I told him to fuck off,” said Reznor, before relaying an anecdote from a past encounter with Cruz. “We put him on a few years ago, he drank all the beer, and was just a pain in the ass to be around. Can’t hold it against you.”
    Why do you feel the need to mention me?  Obsessed much?  The flattery is overwhelming. /s
    I don’t give two shits about this...Might have been interesting if NIN was going to have Robert Francis airdrum for them or something. But otherwise, I couldn’t care less what Reznor’s opinion is in any realm other than his music.  NIN does put on a pretty trippy stage production...way better than KISS in my opinion.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    PJPOWER said:
    @PJPOWER

Addressing the crowd in Irving, a suburb of Dallas, Reznor first asked: “Who voted for Ted Cruz? See the lights aren’t on, I can’t see. Is there any way to turn the lights on? I’d like to see. Raise your hand, you guys, nothing to be ashamed of, just checking.”

According to the NIN frontman, Cruz had wanted to check out the concert, but was royally rejected by the band. “He might be here tonight, he was bugging to get on the guest list, and I told him to fuck off,” said Reznor, before relaying an anecdote from a past encounter with Cruz. “We put him on a few years ago, he drank all the beer, and was just a pain in the ass to be around. Can’t hold it against you.”
    Why do you feel the need to mention me?  Obsessed much?  The flattery is overwhelming. /s
    I don’t give two shits about this...Might have been interesting if NIN was going to have Robert Francis airdrum for them or something. But otherwise, I couldn’t care less what Reznor’s opinion is in any realm other than his music.  NIN does put on a pretty trippy stage production...way better than KISS in my opinion.
    I gotta ask...what does "slash-s" (or "/s") mean?  I feel like I see it here and only here.

(Sarcasm?)
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    @PJPOWER

I gotta ask...what does "slash-s" (or "/s") mean?  I feel like I see it here and only here.

(Sarcasm?)
    Yes, it means sarcasm :). I’ve been trying to throw it in there more since many people interpret everything literally, especially when there is a bit of a language barrier.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    OnWis97 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    @PJPOWER

(Sarcasm?)
    PJSoul kept judging my use of emojis and she brought up the old school /s symbol meaning sarcasm.  So I've been using it a bunch and it looks like others have as well.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    @PJPOWER

(Sarcasm?)
    PJSoul kept judging my use of emojis and she brought up the old school /s symbol meaning sarcasm.  So I've been using it a bunch and it looks like others have as well.
    It’s trending, ha
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    You know the more I think about it and from some stuff I read...

I think Beto should run for president.  I think he is not the best candidate by any means and I will not vote for him likely in primary (but you never know) but I would vote for him over Trump.  He has the attention now.  Running increases his national presence.  If he catches lightning in a bottle like Obama, he just might be president.  If he doesn't he uses it and the learnings for running in 4-12 years.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    You know the more I think about it and from some stuff I read...

I think Beto should run for president.  I think he is not the best candidate by any means and I will not vote for him likely in primary (but you never know) but I would vote for him over Trump.  He has the attention now.  Running increases his national presence.  If he catches lightning in a bottle like Obama, he just might be president.  If he doesn't he uses it and the learnings for running in 4-12 years.
    Hell I may vote for a democrat that would only be pissing in the wind and not actually achieving anything...except charismatic speeches (and maybe even marijuana legalization).  Plus I, for one, would welcome the Napoleon Dynamite memes!  Plus Plus, that would take him out of the runnings in TX :)
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    OnWis97 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    @PJPOWER

(Sarcasm?)
    That's super-cool.
    /s? 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Gov. O'Rourke? You Beto believe it.
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    Na, TX is going to be alright alright alright with McConaughey, ha
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJPOWER said:
    Hobbes said:
    you gonna vote Wooderson in that upcoming election?

naw

be a lot cooler if you did. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    edited September 2021
    PJPOWER said:
    Hobbes said:
    you gonna vote Wooderson in that upcoming election?

naw

be a lot cooler if you did. 
    Haha, maybe they can have a “drum off”

• Options
    edited February 2022
    O’Rourke:
    "Hell, yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47, and we’re not going to allow it to be used against your fellow Americans anymore,”

Also O’Rourke:
    "I’m not interested in taking anything from anyone. What I want to make sure that we do is defend the Second Amendment,”

Criminal, liar, dumbass…sure, but he’s a pretty good air-drummer.
    C’mon Francis!
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    PJPOWER said:
    O’Rourke:
    "Hell, yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47, and we’re not going to allow it to be used against your fellow Americans anymore,”

Also O’Rourke:
    "I’m not interested in taking anything from anyone. What I want to make sure that we do is defend the Second Amendment,”

C’mon Francis!
    Criminal?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    O’Rourke:

Also O’Rourke:

C’mon Francis!
    Criminal?
    It’s true:
    https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2018/aug/22/silvestre-reyes/beto-orourke-arrested-1990s-burglary-and-dwi/
    He hasn’t tried to hide his criminal history.
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    Let’s see, my daughter brings home a man who grabs pu**y, you know because we like it so much, or a man who committed a burglary…hmm which should I be ok with?  
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Let’s see, my daughter brings home a man who grabs pu**y, you know because we like it so much, or a man who committed a burglary…hmm which should I be ok with?  
    neither but I'm voting for Beto
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Maybe neither?  
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    static111 said:
    Because he so adamantly supports defending the 2nd Amendment or because of his air-drumming?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    static111 said:
    Because he so adamantly supports defending the 2nd Amendment or because of his air-drumming?
    Because he's not an asshole.  
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    jumping a campus fence is the burglary charge. heaven for fend. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    static111 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    static111 said:
    I think he’s an asshole swimming in his wife’s family fortune.  
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    static111 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    static111 said:
    Better than making your millions suing others for an injury and then making laws so that others injured in the same way can't follow your path to financial excess.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    edited February 2022
    jumping a campus fence is the burglary charge. heaven for fend. 
    Not a major infringement, but that and his DWI points to a lack of ability to make wise decisions.
    His recent obvious lies surrounding 2nd Amendment issues are also a pretty big turn off integrity-wise (who knows what to believe). 
    Mostly, he just seems like a spoiled white-privileged nimrod trying to win a high school popularity contest.
  • Options
    static111 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    static111 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    static111 said:
    Better than making your millions suing others for an injury and then making laws so that others injured in the same way can't follow your path to financial excess.
    Being a different kind of piece of shit doesn’t make him smell any better.