Options

~~~**official San Diego Setlist**~~~

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    dude that setlist is rediciulously beutiful, I wish i never went to 7/3 denver and bought tickets to that and drove my ass out there!!!!!!!!!!
    06/29/98
    06/18/03
    05/17/06
    07/03/06
    8/21/08 - Ed Solo
    08/23/09
  • Options
    this show was unreal!!!!!
  • Options
    FANnCAFANnCA Posts: 107
    i have been to a few PJ shows in my day but i can say after tonight WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    best i have ever been to great energy great set was so much fun to see them all smile and have fun tonight. crowd was great also.
    this is a boot worth getting. now please dvd gods make it happen
  • Options
    goatgoat Posts: 90
    I just got home, that was the best show I have ever been to. It is hard to say which part was the best. The band had a ton of energy and rocked hard. Unreal, thank you Pearl Jam.
    San Diego 10/25/00, 6/5/03, 7/7/06, 10/9/09, 11/21/13 LA 10/1/09, 11/23/13 VH1 Rock Honors 7/17/08, Hawaii 12/9/06 Bridge School 10/23/10, 10/23/11 EV 4/15/08, 4/16/08, 7/5/11, 7/8/11
  • Options
    bacchanalbacchanal Posts: 149
    super tight band.....eddie voice amazing....it was like a different band was onstage tonight...dont get me wrong last night rocked.....but TONIGHT DAMN!!! eddie climbs a ladder during last kiss.....RVM fucking rocked!!!! and ladies and gentelmen...the debut...i said it on here many times.....BIG WAVE!!!!! thank you PJ...one more for me sunday night.....after vegas and SD.....dont know if LA can top it..we'll see!!!
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Just got home. Holy s**t. Amazing show, from start to finish. The crowd was as great as the band.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    I was diving...I was diving... Posts: 1,832
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wowzers!! :eek:

Bring some of that love to Oz in November!! :D
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    Gen5 wrote:
    Disclaimer: This is my first setlist and I am getting it from RM.....=) I will do my best!!! HA....Now ACC is my girl!!! Thank you for the help!!!

Main Set: OCEANS!!, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Brain of J, WWS, LBC, Gone, Even Flow (with extended DRUM solo), Unemployable, Wasted Reprise, Betterman/Save it for Later tag, Satan Bed, Not For You/Modern Girl tag, You Are, Inside Job, Life Wasted, Improv with Ed on Guitar, RVM with very long jam

1st Encore: Eddie talks about Education and lack of money, LONG ROAD!!!!!, Come back, Small Town, Crazy Mary, CROWN OF THROWNS, Alive (WOW ed climed the speaker on stone side and mike climbed one on his side and
    they were rocking out together. Nuts crowd absolutely nuts)

2nd Encore: Last Kiss, Ed climbed a Gym ladder 20 feet high...........Comatose, Leash, FUCKIN' BIG WAVE/ jam ala Immortality style, RTFW w/ surfer Kelly Slater, Yellow Ledbetter/Star spangled Banner
    And it was good.

Long Road as an homage to his former teacher.
    Big Wave with respect to SoCal
    Last Kiss for the lovelies in the back
    Leash for me

And it was good, folks.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    elgallo10elgallo10 Posts: 114
    im speechless. I love this fucken banddddddddddd!!
  • Options
    Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405
    dharma69 wrote:
    And it was good.

Long Road as an homage to his former teacher.
    Big Wave with respect to SoCal
    Last Kiss for the lovelies in the back
    Leash for me

And it was good, folks.

You guys got one AMAZING show.......we were freaking out here!!!
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org
  • Options
    so fun, so amazing, everyone incredible energy especially f---ing ED, oh my god... sound in that gym still sucks (but so much better than the cavernous sports arena) but they rose above it. couldn't believe how much love was flowing. don't know if the boot will even convey how great it was.

f--ing OCEANS man, they opened the first time i ever saw them in '95 with oceans... the wayback machine to grunge paradise ! !
    san diego 5.20.95 (watt+ed) . san diego 11.7.95 . oakland 11.18.97 (stones) . san diego 7.10.98 . las vegas 7.11.98 . san diego 10.25.00 . san diego 6.5.03 . seattle 4.9.04 (impact awards) . san diego 7.7.06 . san diego 4.15.08 (ed) . san diego 4.16.08 (ed) . honolulu 7.1.09 (ed) . honolulu 7.2.09 (ed) . los angeles 10.1.09 . san diego 10.9.09 . san diego 7.5.11 (ed) . seattle 7.16.11 (ed)
  • Options
    elgallo10elgallo10 Posts: 114
    I can't wait to hear this boot man.. ok I'm going to bed I cant fight the sleep. I have to get ready for L.A. ;)
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    Gen5 wrote:
    You guys got one AMAZING show.......we were freaking out here!!!
    And we were freaking out there!!!!!

So tired....must sleep....
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    bacchanalbacchanal Posts: 149
    elgallo10 wrote:
    I can't wait to hear this boot man.. ok I'm going to bed I cant fight the sleep. I have to get ready for L.A. ;)

its so hard to just fall asleep after what we have just seen!!!! i am still wired and everyone is asleep here......maybe a bong hit and a smoke will put me to sleep....nighty night world...see u all in LA sunday!!!
  • Options
    FYI for LA shows, and i dunno if this has been the case all tour, but tonight beer sales were cut off 30 min after the show started per the band's request (supposedly). wave after wave of sweeet-smelling clouds though...
    san diego 5.20.95 (watt+ed) . san diego 11.7.95 . oakland 11.18.97 (stones) . san diego 7.10.98 . las vegas 7.11.98 . san diego 10.25.00 . san diego 6.5.03 . seattle 4.9.04 (impact awards) . san diego 7.7.06 . san diego 4.15.08 (ed) . san diego 4.16.08 (ed) . honolulu 7.1.09 (ed) . honolulu 7.2.09 (ed) . los angeles 10.1.09 . san diego 10.9.09 . san diego 7.5.11 (ed) . seattle 7.16.11 (ed)
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    All I can say is Kellyfuckingslater!!!!!!!!!!!
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    What the hell did i just see?!

I thought i'd come online to check the setlist, and to be honest i was expecting to see the standard affair that we've been getting recently (not complaining).

But i check and see that OCEANS opens the show, Brain of J is finally played this tour, Crown of Thorns thrown into the mix, LONG ROAD IN THE FUCKIN' ENCORE! Big Wave finally debuted too!

And it sounds like Ed was climbing all over the place! Craziest show of the tour!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    just got home from the show. it was my wife's first show and what can i say possibly the best show in a good while stateside anywho. pj rocks thanks guys..
    11.18.1997 - OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA
    06.06.2003 - LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
    10.22.2003 - SEATTLE, WASHINGTON
    10.28.2003 - SANTA BARBARA, CALIFORNIA
    09.28.2004 - BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS
    09.29.2004 - BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS
    11.25.2005 - BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
    11.26.2005 - BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
    07.07.2006 - SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA
    10.01.2009 - UNIVERSAL CITY, CALIFORNIA
    10.30.2013 - CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA
    10.01.2014 - CINCINNATI, OHIO
    09.15.2023 - FORT WORTH, TEXAS
  • Options
    PNuttyJamPNuttyJam Posts: 837
    I got my doors absofuckinglutely blown off tonight.

Unfuckingbelievable.

Stufuckingpendous.

They teased Satan's Bed right before the Save it for Later tag.

Ed's story before Long Road was Storytellers worthy. Just listen to the boot.

This was by far the best RVM I've ever seen. Stufuckingpendous.

Long Road>Come Back>Small Town all played sitting down.

Matty's Evenflow drum solo is a great addition.

Crowd was just incredible. My 12th show and I've never seen that much energy the entire show. Phefuckingnominal. So much more to add later. Later.
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,206
    I'm gonna post my thoughts while they're still fresh... I haven't read the thread yet, so pardon me if I mention stuff alreadly well known...

First off, there WAS a preset- Ed played Soon Forget then announced Sonic Youth.

Secondly, this was my 11th time seeing this band. Of the 30 or so songs played tonight (including the preset), SIX were songs I had never heard live. SIX! And only one of those was from the new album. Four of the rest were songs I'd heard only once. To put this in perspective, seeing the Petty/PJ shows in St. Paul, in two nights of hearing Petty, I only heard three songs on the second night that I didn't hear on the first night. Yet another reason why this band is fan-fucking-tastic.

And I- just right now- realized they played 10 songs from the new record. It certainly didn't feel like they played 10 songs from Avocado- everything meshed incredibly well.

Oceans was great to hear for the first time. I had hoped that being at this show would yield me some interesting set choices, and hearing this right off the bat got me stoked instantly. I had said from the moment I bought my tickets that this show was going to be something special- I just felt it. And hearing Oceans as the opener gave me hope...

Severed Hand is in a tght battle with Inside Job as my favorite track on Pearl Jam, so I was more than excited to hear this next. There was no pre-recorded intro, either.

I hadn't seen Brain of J since my very first show back in 1998 and I was dying to hear it again. Thank you PJ for making that happen tonight.

LBC featured the 'Let the show begin' lyric, and Boom got a deservedly nice ovation.

If there was a "low" point to this show for me, it was the Gone/EFlow/Unemployable trilogy. The drum solo in EFlow was longer than I'd yet heard and Matt was going crazy. Good stuff, there.

Wasted Reprise into Betterman was a nice segue. The crowd singalong here was the first sign for me that this crowd was something unique. Save It For Later was great.

Satan's Bed! I had been telling my neighbor that in the next three shows I needed to hear this and Rats. He turned to me and gave me a high five at the start. It's always great at shows to share these kind of moments with complete strangers, bonded by appreciation for this band.

After that we were right into an awesome Not For You. The Modern Girl tag was really appreciated by my companion, who is a big S-K fan.

I had figured we were going to get You Are after hearing the guitar tech test the pedals during the break between SY and PJ. And I loved it- one of my favorite songs on Riot Act.

I wouldn't put the improv after Life Wasted- it was more an intro to RVM than a conclusion to LW, Ed repeating "I'll never go back again" over the first notes of RVM before going into the riff. Ed also sang during the first part of the mid-section jam, but I couldn't make out anything he was sayng from where I was. Speaking of, that jam was sick. Just plain sick.

Now, I cannot possibly put into words how moving the introduction to Long Road was. By the time they were starting the song I was choked up. When they came back out for the first encore, they all sat down and Ed said that he'd like to tell us a story. He asked for a show of hands of how many people have had a teacher who has had a large influence on their life. He then said that he too had one and that this was the story he wanted to share. The band and Neil were working on Mirrorball when Ed got the call that this teacher had passed away. He said that even though the band and Neil were in the room, he had to go in another room and sort out his thoughts. He said he needed to have a conversation though, and he was having it through his guitar. He started strumming the first note, stating that hey, it sunds like a school bell. He just kept doing that over and over... At this point Matt quietly started the drum part to the song. Ed continued and said that after a while, eventually the band and Neil came in to check on him, and without any of them saying a word, they all sat down, picked up their instruments, and in that moment....

"We all walk the long road..."

Absolutely. Fucking. Amazing. This was a moment. It wasn't manufactured. It was real. Real emotion. Real love. Simply beautiful.

Come Back was a fitting follow up, and I think they're finding the right groove with it.

Crazy Mary was, well, crazy. Boom got more time to solo and the band stayed around him for the majority of his spotlight moment. Mike's solo wasn't the greatest I've heard from him on this song, but the band built the song up to a magnificent crescendo during it.

Crown of Thorns! What can you say... you know it's a special show when you hear this song. I've been lucky enough to hear it twice now this year- in Chicago and tonight.

Speaking of Chicago- those of you who think the Alive from Chicago II was fantastic- you NEED to hear this one. That's all I'll say. Stage antics saw Ed atop one speaker stack stage left, with Stone soloing right below him, and Mike opposite stage atop his own speaker stack. Visually incredible.

Last Kiss featured Ed climbing a rope ladder at the back of the stage, getting a good 15-10 feet above the ground while singing to the club in the back. Jeff, ever the mother hen, sent a stagehand over to hold the ladder to keep it sturdy.

It was great to hear Leash after all the hype. Ed finished the song on his nees, arms outstretched, flipping everyone off with a big smile on his face.

Speaking of, all of the folks I went to the show with agreed that this is the most fun any of us have ever seen Ed have at a show. He was smiling all night, jumping all around, genuinely seeming to enjoy himself. Even Stone and Jeff were more animated tonight that I've ever seen them.

Up next was the moment I'd been waiting for- you knew it had to happen, and Ed specifically said they were saving it for the west coast- Big Wave! And it was glorious.

After all this, RITFW and YL were almost an afterthought. I say almost because the jamming in RITFW was intense (even with Kelly Slater, whom I think Ed oversold to the crowd), and Mike's Star Spangled Banner tag was inspired, but you knew this was the end. Ed noted what everyone else in the arena had to be thnking by altering the "I don't want to stay" line in YL to "I don't want to leave..."

This WAS a special show. I'll be at the next LA shows, and if they even come anywhere near to this show, those will be considered great shows. This show was twenty kinds of awesomeness, plain and simple. I really think this might be the best Pearl Jam show I've ever seen. When the aftershow hype dies down, I'll reassess, but in the very least, it's top 3, no doubt.

Amazing. A simply amazing evening with an amazing band with amazing fans.

God I love this band.
  • Options
    aDaughteraDaughter Posts: 12
    PNuttyJam wrote:

Ed's story before Long Road was Storytellers worthy. Just listen to the boot.

Crowd was just incredible. My 12th show and I've never seen that much energy the entire show. Phefuckingnominal. So much more to add later. Later.
    Cannot wait to buy this boot.

Seriously entertained the thought of flying out & staying with the Filipino auntie & uncle in Natl City.

Shoulda/coulda/didn't/damn
    Thanks for your reviews guys. Happy for you.
    "The country is being run by extremists because the moderates have shit to do." - Jon Stewart

Auburn Hills '06 - Toronto 1 '06 - London '05 - Kitchener '05 - Clarkston '03 - Auburn Hills '00 - Auburn Hills '98 - East Lansing '98
  • Options
    aDaughteraDaughter Posts: 12
    Sorry for posting comments on the fanviews thread. I knew better but got caught up in the moment.

What a setlist/review to wake up to. Like Christmas morning except my presents are on the other side of the country and the person they were given to instead is describing their magnificence to me online.
    "The country is being run by extremists because the moderates have shit to do." - Jon Stewart

Auburn Hills '06 - Toronto 1 '06 - London '05 - Kitchener '05 - Clarkston '03 - Auburn Hills '00 - Auburn Hills '98 - East Lansing '98
  • Options
    heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    AndySlash,

What an awesome post of the show. You made my day!!!! I could feel the energy and love of the show through your words!!!

I definitely will be buying this boot. Can't wait to hear Alive as I was at Chicago II, which was a marker show along this tour. But last night, SD, ... holy avocado sweet pearl jam!!!! So glad you were there!!!! Thanks for sharin the show!!!! Hope the next few are just as sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet if not sweeeter!

(note from thread ... Ed hails from Evanston, IL)
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    well done on the set list...thank you. i'm just getting up from last nights show in sd. wow...that was off the chain! best pj show i have ever seen, hands down! highlights for me were them opening with oceans, crown of thorns, rockin' in the free world, BIG WAVE (i had a feeling they were saving that for sd, what a gift...thanks pj). nice 80's glam style even flow rendition with drum solo and big finish. i will be thinking about this one for a while.

be lucky!
  • Options
    Gators76Gators76 Posts: 160
    I have been watching the setlists threads for the last few weeks. To be at the SD show and to come home and read this thread is hysterical. As I read through what you guys were saying, I was thinking back to those moments of the show. Its cool to piece your own perspective from being at the show to what others are typing at that very moment. I will be back on for the LA setlist and be jealous of all the fuckers at the Forum.:D
    Toledo 96, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Vegas 06,
    San Diego 06.....Do I want some more? I said FUCK YEAH!!!!
  • Options
    jasone6jasone6 Posts: 66
    AndySlash: thanks for your incredible post. Forgive the expression, but my balls are tingling!!! ha! Seriously, sounds like one of the most amazing shows anyone could ever hope to have. Can't wait to get the boot.... and now I'm that much more confident that deciding to go to Oz to see them is one of the smartest things I've ever done.

We are the luckiest fans in the world to be loved by the greatest band in the world.
    1995: Milwaukee/Summerfest 1; 1998: Indianapolis, Greenville, Knoxville; 2000: Lisbon, London 1 & 2, Detroit, Alpine Valley, Chicago; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Summerfest 1 & 2 (w/ Tom Petty), Sydney 1 & 3, Melbourne 1, 2 & 3; 2007: The Vic, Lollapalooza
  • Options
    During Alive, when the audience was going nuts (I was on the right side of the stage as if you were facing it), the people we were sitting by were obviously not huge PJ fans because they left when Alive started, me and my best friend were standing in section h in a clearing freaking out and banging our heads. When Eddie got on the speaker and he was looking around at the audience, he stopped when he saw my lanky 6'3" ass standing there with both arms in the air in triumph, he paused and locked eyes with me and pointed in acknowledgement. I died there last night.

It was awesome, anyone else see that...or am I delusional.

And that was my first Pearl Jam concert ever, I'm 18 and I didn't listen to Jam much last time they were in SD but I am so glad that I attended that show, everyone says it was amazing, and I was absolutely dying, it was sooo good.

I love good music.
  • Options
    PJ 4 EverPJ 4 Ever Posts: 176
    After the Chicago shows in May, I posted a few notes that Tim from the 10C had shared with me regarding the tour in its infancy. One of the most notable was this prediction from Tim:
    PJ 4 Ever wrote:
    Tim asked me what shows I am going to (see my sig below). When I mentioned that I was going to Vegas, then San Diego, he mentioned that San Diego was one of the shows he was looking forward to the most. In his opinion, the band loves the vibe they get from the crowd in San Diego and he believe's the show in July will certainly be "something special".

Tim was absolutely dead on! Glad I was there to be able to experience this amazing show! What a show to conclude my 2006 PJ tour!
    '95 - 2
    '98 - 6
    '00 - 8
    '03 - 15
    '04 - 2
    '05 - 1
    '06 - 8
    '07 - 2 (Vic!)
    '08 - 2
    '09 - 2
    '10 - 2 (50th show!)
    '11 - 2 (PJ20)
    '13 - 4
    '14 - 4

Total = 60 (1st: Milwaukee 7/8/95, Last: Milwaukee Next: TBD in 2015)