The guy front row dead center 6/1

2»

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    we're not talking about tool and radiohead, we're talking about a rock band.

I...wait...what??
  • HoonHoon Posts: 175
    I understand what is being said but I'd just like to stand there and watch the show. I'm pretty still. People's views behind me aren't challenged if they are trying to catch an awe-sum solo, and there are plenty of people showing their energy to make up for my sorry ass. I'd perfer it if the people I go to shows with and people around me to leave me alone and not make me feel like I'm doing something wrong. That greatly effects the enjoyment of the show for me.

The Sell-Phone users.....well thats a different story.
    If you keep yourself as the final arbiter you will be less susceptible to infection from cultural illusion.
  • jammer55jammer55 Posts: 5
    eloesch1 wrote:
    You are absolutely wrong many bands get annoyed by moshing and dancing. Take tool, apc, radiohead for example who actually encourage their fans merely to stand and take in the music and experience their art it in all of its beauty. Such bands actually discourage this dancing that you claim signifies a true fan as it disturbs them and those who come to take in the atmosphere. To each his own, thats all i have to say. just because you like looking like a fool does not mean that everyone should do it and IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU A BIGGER FAN! I would even go so far as to say that your actions actually show an inability to comrehend the music. Some of us actually come because it is somewhat of a spiritual experience, NOT JUST TO AS AN EXCUSE TO MOSH, "ROCK OUT" AND STUPIDLY DANCE AROUND DRUNK. People need to stop bitching about others on this board and trying to make themselves look so fuckin hardcore. We all love the music or we wouldnt be there. Live and let live.
    I couldnt have said it better myself. I own a night club that features national as well as local music and I myself sit down in the back to take in the shows. not because Im old. But I want to take in the music and the performance..
  • pjhawk wrote:
    I am a firm believer that this band feeds off the energy that their crowd gives them. That that energy is expressed in a physical way, this is the way that it has always been with them from day one. Vedder's stage antics have almost always been about putting on the best show for their audience, and that is expressed through noise(claps and screams) and "rocking out"(jumping, arms swinging, head banging, moshing, etc). I have been at shows where the crowd was so great that you could actually feel us willing them into something different, something more. Pearl Jam isn't considered one of the best live acts around just because they sound good live, it is because of that exchange of energy that happens, if you are there you can feel it. Sometimes it certainly happens, and sometimes it most certainly does not.

This statement is a fact, and I totally agree. The energy that goes from the crowd to band, and back to the crowd is so powerful. The feeling is so pure. No, it doesn't always happen either. Its like acid soetimes you get a bad hit, and nothing happens, then sometimes it's like oral pleasure.:)
  • Why don't you worry more about YOUR experience & less about what others are/aren't doing. You claim to have been having such an awesome time, yet, spent your night watching the guy who was probably having one hell of a time taking it all in...not giving a rats ass what you were doing. People enjoy things differently, maybe some people looked at you & thought "hey, look at that idiot, she's not even paying attention...she coulda done this in her living room!" Stop being such a judgemental ass & worry about yourself & the time you're having.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • JackisBackJackisBack Posts: 92
    I believe many of the people in the front row at last night's show (on both sides) were VIP.

Just because you're rocking out doesn't mean you're drunk.

I had front row only once and was going ballistic, as was my girlfriend. This might explain why Ed came over to us four times...grabbed my hand twice and it felt like he would never let go. Ed also grabbed my girlfriend's hand...she still talks about his eyes. The first time he grabbed my hand I felt something in my hand, it was his used pic. Finally, he handed me the bottle of wine and cork, of course he made me pass it around.

I firmly believe that all the band members are looking at the crowd and appreciate authentic energy from the fans. So go nuts! In addition, if you feel the need to show it physically, then do it! (As long as you don't negatively affect anyone else by incessantly talking or being belligerent, however, if I'm jumping up and down for 80 percent of the show and someone behind tells me to stop because they can't see or it's bothering them, then too bad)
  • eloesch1 wrote:
    You are absolutely wrong many bands get annoyed by moshing and dancing. Take tool, apc, radiohead for example who actually encourage their fans merely to stand and take in the music and experience their art it in all of its beauty. Such bands actually discourage this dancing that you claim signifies a true fan as it disturbs them and those who come to take in the atmosphere. To each his own, thats all i have to say. just because you like looking like a fool does not mean that everyone should do it and IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU A BIGGER FAN! I would even go so far as to say that your actions actually show an inability to comrehend the music. Some of us actually come because it is somewhat of a spiritual experience, NOT JUST TO AS AN EXCUSE TO MOSH, "ROCK OUT" AND STUPIDLY DANCE AROUND DRUNK. People need to stop bitching about others on this board and trying to make themselves look so fuckin hardcore. We all love the music or we wouldnt be there. Live and let live.

I like how you quoted the words rock out. for some reason when i see this in everyones posts it pisses me off. as in "dude comatose came on and i was rocking out" rocking what out? do you have an instrument? as opposed to rocking in? maybe im getting old.
  • DCDCDCDC Posts: 5
    They have been touring for 16 years. I don't think they care what anyone is doing in the crowd...and that's even if they take notice. I think fans get the impression that Eddie is actually looking at them........guess what?, He's NOT!
    I don't dance at Pearl Jam shows, you know why? Because I can't dance. I like to stand still and take everything in. I've been in a band for 12+ years and I like to see what Pearl jam does when they play live. If I'm dancing, I can't see..........period.

Why do they show everyone with the lights on all the time? The band feeds off the crowd. Fuck people who don't dance and get into the music. If you're in the first row, you should be rocking out the whole time!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ramblings6ramblings6 Posts: 24
    The guy who caught Ed's towel has been to 10 shows on this tour, and is one of the biggest fans I have ever met. (I'm usually in the row right behind him.) The guy with the visor was the one who didn't move all night, but he leaned on the railing and didn't block my view so I was happy with him. The person who pissed me off in the front row was the tall guy who got there about half way through and literally checked his watch every five minutes. He blocked my view and was totally uninterested. I'm happy for the girl was got to the front row even though she wasn't supposed to be there (atleast I think she wasn't supposed to be there), she rocked out the whole night!
    9/28/96, 9/8/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 5/03/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/1/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 6/01/06, 6/03/06, 6/19/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 8/7/08 (EV solo)
  • ramblings6ramblings6 Posts: 24
    Just an after thought... let's not turn on each other, people experience things differently and enjoy things differently.
    9/28/96, 9/8/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 5/03/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/1/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 6/01/06, 6/03/06, 6/19/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 8/7/08 (EV solo)
  • I'll bet the statue in the front row could gives a rat's ass
    what everyone here thinks.
    I know I don't.
  • ShoeTheShoelessShoeTheShoeless Long Island, NY Posts: 40
    I would rather have this guy next to me that stood still, than the ass next to me last night. The guy repeatedly elbowed me in the head while jumping and didn't apologize. My head was throbbing after the concert.

Hey asshole, if you're on this board, when a 5'1" girl tells you to watch your elbow repeatedly, you better take notice and not slam her in the head.
    The jerk had the nerve to start arguing with me when I elbowed him in the ribs after putting up with him for an hour.
    well heres something fun.....

i sat with colorsblend, and while she was getting elbowed in the head on the left,
    i was getting WHIPPED IN THE EYE by random retarded drunken girl's ponytail......
    ..........DURING FOOTSTEPS

she was the kind of girl that you could tell wasnt really a fan & didnt really know the songs, but was brought along by her boyfriend anyway....

plus she definitely took note that i kept edging away from her flailing limbs, sloshing cups of miller lite, & deadly hair
    but that didnt stop her from being a complete asshat.

i mean seriously, go nuts during the show, have fun, but dont fucking make it an uncomfortable experience for the people around you, so that they cant even enjoy the show bc theyre too busy worrying about which body part will maim them next.

hey fucker, if you & your ponytail are at the show tonite, im bringing a pair of scissors.
    wide awake & reaching out....

50th show @ Fenway 8/5/16!!!
    1996: 9/28 ~~ 1998: 9/10 ~~ 2000: 8/24 ~~ 2003: 4/30, 7/2, 7/3, 7/5, 7/6, 7/8, 7/9, 7/11, 7/14 ~~ 2004: 9/28, 9/29, 10/1, 10/2 ~~
    2005: 9/15, 9/16, 10/3 ~~ 2006: 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/2 ~~ 2008: 6/19, 6/20, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30 ~~
    2009: 10/27, 10/28, 10/30, 10/31 ~~ 2010: 5/15, 5/17, 5/18, 5/20, 5/21 ~~ 2013: 10/18, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22 ~~
    2016: 4/28, 4/19, 5/1, 5/2, 8/5, 8/7
  • PJaholicPJaholic Posts: 81
    ramblings6 wrote:
    The guy who caught Ed's towel has been to 10 shows on this tour, and is one of the biggest fans I have ever met. (I'm usually in the row right behind him.) The guy with the visor was the one who didn't move all night, but he leaned on the railing and didn't block my view so I was happy with him. The person who pissed me off in the front row was the tall guy who got there about half way through and literally checked his watch every five minutes. He blocked my view and was totally uninterested. I'm happy for the girl was got to the front row even though she wasn't supposed to be there (atleast I think she wasn't supposed to be there), she rocked out the whole night!

At least someone else is sticking up for the dude who caught the towel!!!!
    Like I said before I was 2 seats to that dude's right and he was having a GREAT TIME!!!!
    This was my first (and probably last) time in the front row. Like a few people I spoke to before PJ came on, he was just chillin out and enjoying every bit of the show.
    I really pisses me off that some people gauge how big a fan you are by how much you jump around at the show. My Dad, who's 10th show will be tonight is a huge fan but is a little too out of shape to "rock out" as some of you put it. That doesn't make him less a fan or less into the show.
    I was a pretty tame at that show also. I really wanted to enjoy and take in the entire experience of being front row. Its a totally different feeling than being 15th row (which I usually am) and not being able to see much anyway.

Live and let live is what I say. Enjoy yourself how you see fit and stop judging everyone else.
    "i'm lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side"
  • AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    ehcanc wrote:
    You missed a good show ... Ed was awesome !!!

hahahaha

That's how I feel and what I think when I read these. Of course sometimes it's right in front of you and you can't miss it but I find it hard to pull my attention away from the stage

I'm really jealous of all you bastards who still have shows to attend.

CREEPS!~

J/K

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    People around here pay way too much attention to what everyone else is doing. I do think it's kind of rude to just stand there all night and not even applaud between songs ... the band is workin hard up there, let them know you appreciate it! ... but beyond that, everyone enjoys the show in their own way. Also, you don't know why people are standing still. I've had 3 surgeries and 3 months of chemotherapy this year so I'm not going to be jumping around like a madwoman, but don't think for a second that I'm not enjoying the show every bit as much as you are, and don't you dare tell me that I don't belong down in front just because I can't pogo for 3 hours.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • PJaholicPJaholic Posts: 81
    hippiemom wrote:
    People around here pay way too much attention to what everyone else is doing. I do think it's kind of rude to just stand there all night and not even applaud between songs ... the band is workin hard up there, let them know you appreciate it! ... but beyond that, everyone enjoys the show in their own way. Also, you don't know why people are standing still. I've had 3 surgeries and 3 months of chemotherapy this year so I'm not going to be jumping around like a madwoman, but don't think for a second that I'm not enjoying the show every bit as much as you are, and don't you dare tell me that I don't belong down in front just because I can't pogo for 3 hours.

Exactly!!!!! :D
    "i'm lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side"
  • skinnylegsskinnylegs Posts: 112
    I don't have a problem at all with someone not dancing. I work out a lot and do yoga, but as the old lady that I am, I'm still a little sore from all the dancing and jumping I did on Thursday. Now that I know the guy is actually a huge fan, I feel bad for critisizing him, but he could have at least clapped between songs or tapped his foot or something. To each his own though. My real issue was the guy 2 seats away from him that was literally on his cell phone the whole night. That's just plain rude to the band who could clearly see him, I'm sure, and a ridiculous waste of a 1st row seat.
    "Those who dance are called insane by people who don't hear the music."
  • BAM5555BAM5555 Posts: 9
    eloesch1 wrote:

this is an old thread so no one will read it buy THAT chick has got it right.....
    BAM
    <

Groundwork '01
    Fargo '03
    St.Paul '03
    Winnipeg '05
    St.Paul '06 x2