Options

San Francisco 3, Holy f**kballs!

edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Listening to the boot now

this is like a show on steroids. Sounds like they are playing with their shoes on fire.

this boot is a must have.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    you are completely correct. The tunes are flawless. They are definately on fire. Even light years, a slower song, sounds rockin. great boot...all three sf shows were amazing
  • Options
    you are completely correct. The tunes are flawless. They are definately on fire. Even light years, a slower song, sounds rockin. great boot...all three sf shows were amazing

the most energetic life wasted I have heard (and I saw 11 of em this time around)

and BY FAR the best (and most aggeressive) version of present tense I have yet heard

thanks for the tip dude, I'm getting the other two.
  • Options
    Listening to the boot now

this is like a show on steroids. Sounds like they are playing with their shoes on fire.

this boot is a must have.

You should see night 2's DVD :D
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    Sounds like they are playing with their shoes on fire.

Funny you say that, I commented somehwere else that there were literally flames coming off of the band that night.

Maybe the best version of Light Years ever. The energy in that place was off the charts. Red Mosquito.... Wow.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    On steroids? haha. I love it. :D
    YES though! I could not agree more. Thank you for this thread!

THE HOLY SF TRIO was the HOLIEST of the entire tour for me. There is absolutely NO touching these shows, for so many countless reasons. I still have to remind myself that these DREAM nights really happened...and that I actually went to other shows even.:p All these months later and I am still stuck in SF, especially this last night! I can't even find words worthy enough to explain this magic. :o I just wish I could make others understand but not many seem to really "get it". These nights in SF were a whole new kinda special. I can safely say I have NEVER seen the boys in spirits this high, which is saying A LOT. I mean really, the energy in this place was beyond intoxicating. All of us faithfulls up on the rail, for the FIRST time ever! The band totally fed off that! It was fuel to the fire. They kept praising us too!! God! There was so much fuckin love. :o The recycled love here was honestly the most intense I'd ever experienced. They were ON IT to the absolute extreme. The band, the crowd, the energy...the connection, the holy fuckin perfection SET LIST! SF = completely and totally gulfed in flames! 3 of the greatest nights of my entire PJ life! Untouchable!

*stops self*

I could easily go off about these shows forever. :p

Basically I just cannot praise the HOLY SF TRIO enough! THANK YOU PEARL JAM! THANK YOU THANK YOU! :) What a dream....x3!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    On steroids? haha. I love it. :D
    YES though! I could not agree more. Thank you for this thread!

THE HOLY SF TRIO was the HOLIEST of the entire tour for me. There is absolutely NO touching these shows, for so many countless reasons. I still have to remind myself that these DREAM nights really happened...and that I actually went to other shows even.:p All these months later and I am still stuck in SF, especially this last night! I can't even find words worthy enough to explain this magic. :o I just wish I could make others understand but not many seem to really "get it". These nights in SF were a whole new kinda special. I can safely say I have NEVER seen the boys in spirits this high, which is saying A LOT. I mean really, the energy in this place was beyond intoxicating. All of us faithfulls up on the rail, for the FIRST time ever! The band totally fed off that! It was fuel to the fire. They kept praising us too!! God! There was so much fuckin love. :o The recycled love here was honestly the most intense I'd ever experienced. They were ON IT to the absolute extreme. The band, the crowd, the energy...the connection, the holy fuckin perfection SET LIST! SF = completely and totally gulfed in flames! 3 of the greatest nights of my entire PJ life! Untouchable!

*stops self*

I could easily go off about these shows forever. :p

Basically I just cannot praise the HOLY SF TRIO enough! THANK YOU PEARL JAM! THANK YOU THANK YOU! :) What a dream....x3!

sooo, you liked it?
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Eh, it was alright. :p

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    yes, those WERE 3 incredible shows........so glad I got to be there all 3 nites.
  • Options
    MasterModeler is there really a dvd of night 2? If so can we work something out so I can have a copy?

First time I heard RVM after being shut out 10 times previous
  • Options
    i would clear my savings account for that DVD.

well..after the Pearl Jam tour that would leave me only clearing out about 150 bucks out of it...but still it would be worth it!!
  • Options
    Toshala wrote:
    yes, those WERE 3 incredible shows........so glad I got to be there all 3 nites.
    same here. those shows were amazing. everybody should have these boots.
  • Options
    qwerty1qwerty1 Posts: 142
    Im joining the SF love fest! I was there, and it was the smartest decision i made all year! My credit card hates me, but what the fuck! Best 3 shows in a row ever!
    This sidewalk is for regular walking, not for fancy walking!
  • Options
    Well. Im sold.. these will be my next boot purchases.
    Calgary 04/09/05, Las Vegas 06/07/06, The Gorge 22/07/06 23/07/06
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    TRULY the HOLY FUCKIN' TRIO!! :D

went to the Gorge after that and I am sorry, but NOTHING can compare to SF shows. They were the BEST and the band was showing SO much love all 3 nights!! The crowd. the band. the music. the fans ALL made it happen. And we we were fuckin' LOUD!! A lot of sing alongs during the course of those 3 magical nights!:)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    had the crummiest seat in the house, but it was still the best gig out of a dozen shows i saw this past tour. awesome setlist. got almost all of my favorite songs and my friends had an amazing time.
  • Options
    |Im sure they were amazing - will probably buy them.

Check out the euro shows.. seriously - they have been off the hook. I was at 3 of them and - serious energy at those