MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited August 2021
    How about old man Waino getting the SHO last night against that anemic Pirate offense and Burnes dominating the Cubbies like they were still in hibernation for the year. He got 30 swinging strikes and an amazing 51 percent of his pitches were CSW! That guy has been good. It'll be fun to watch him through his prime the next couple of year. He's that rare combo of control and power pitching.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    tbergs said:
    How about old man Waino getting the SHO last night against that anemic Pirate offense and Burnes dominating the Cubbies like they were still in hibernation for the year. He got 30 swinging strikes and an amazing 51 percent of his pitches were CSW! That guy has been good. It'll be fun to watch him through his prime the next couple of year. He's that rare combo of control and power pitching.
    How about Zach Wheeler throwin a complete friggin game and in talks of the Cy Young?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Almost forgot to set the DVR for the Field of Dreams game tonight.  Want to at least check it out - kinda sick of the Yankees but the environment is cool and the Sox are interesting.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Almost forgot to set the DVR for the Field of Dreams game tonight.  Want to at least check it out - kinda sick of the Yankees but the environment is cool and the Sox are interesting.
    You are "KINDA" sick of the Yankees?! lol.

Of course they are in this game. Fuck them. I am pretty excited to see some of it though. The little stadium looks awesome
    chinese-happy.jpg
    igotid88 said:
    The modern day Rob Deer. He did help my 2008 fantasy team a lot though when he first came up and scorched the ball.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    You are "KINDA" sick of the Yankees?! lol.

Of course they are in this game. Fuck them. I am pretty excited to see some of it though. The little stadium looks awesome

My pops was and my brother is a monster Yankees fan.  Watches every game type of drooler, even though he hasn't lived in NYC for 25 years. 
    Since I am a NL fan I tend to root for the Yankees in the playoffs over most teams.  Boonie also went to USC and was good for my Reds, so I like to root for him.

Pretty burnt on them at this point, though.  Not sure why this year is any worse than any other year, it certainly is easy to get sick of a team that the national media constantly pushes.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Go yanks!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    edited August 2021
    Looking forward to watching the Field of Dreams game. We need to take advantage of living here while we can & make the trip to Dyersville.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    mfc2006 said:
    Looking forward to watching the Field of Dreams game. We need to take advantage of living here while we can & make the trip to Dyersville.

was just gonna post this. Should be pretty cool. Haven't seen the field they are playing on yet. Is it like in the movie with corn and all?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    mfc2006 said:

was just gonna post this. Should be pretty cool. Haven't seen the field they are playing on yet. Is it like in the movie with corn and all?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    FiveBelow said:
    mfc2006 said:

pretty cool. and i like that the Sox are wearing the uniforms from the 1919 season
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    That was a great opening 
    I miss igotid88
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    FiveBelow said:
    mfc2006 said:

pretty cool. and i like that the Sox are wearing the uniforms from the 1919 season
    Yeah, nice touch.
    What's gonna suck is that the Patriots/Football Team game on the NFL Network will probably have better ratings 
    I miss igotid88
    I loved the opening part.
    The fucking morons at Fox should have told Costner that all of his interviews would be played on tv.  Said the same thing many times

Really cool field.
    That game was a blast to watch. The only thing that annoyed me was Joe Buck. Can't stand that guy at all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    That game was a blast to watch. The only thing that annoyed me was Joe Buck. Can't stand that guy at all.

Have you watched Brockmire at all?  Buck seems to have fun playing a messed up version of himself on that.  Made me like him a bit more.

I liked a lot of parts about it, especially the setup and buzz around the start of the game.

Walk off was pretty wild, watched that a few times.
    That was a lot of fun.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mfc2006 said:

Have you watched Brockmire at all?  Buck seems to have fun playing a messed up version of himself on that.  Made me like him a bit more.

I liked a lot of parts about it, especially the setup and buzz around the start of the game.

I started watching that show, but forgot about it to be honest. Will give it another go! 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    That was awesome!  Tim Anderson is a star.  Dude talks a ton of shit but always backs it up.  Can't wait for this team to get into the playoffs.
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:

I started watching that show, but forgot about it to be honest. Will give it another go! 

The rivalry he has with Buck is one of the my favorite parts.
    Show is bonkers but makes me laugh.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I'm not understanding why they didn't play on the actual field....why spend money on a new field?  seemed odd

great game though
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    I'm not understanding why they didn't play on the actual field....why spend money on a new field?  seemed odd

great game though

They would have needed to change the area all around it to put up the stands and everything else.  One of the things I thought was cool was that they didn't mess with that for a TV event.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I guess but to me playing the game with no fans (or very few) would have been a better solution
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    I guess but to me playing the game with no fans (or very few) would have been a better solution
    But then they wouldn't have been able to charge people $2,000 a pop for a ticket. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    But then they wouldn't have been able to charge people $2,000 a pop for a ticket. 
    I'm sure merch was insane as well. Big money maker.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I don't think that field is exactly to major league specs either.

Regardless of outcome, that was awesome.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    The score would’ve been 22-18