Options

My Pittsburgh Story

aintitthelife98aintitthelife98 Posts: 23
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I had posted this over at the RM Forums but I figured I might as well post over here for this crowd.

My wife and I were sitting around on Wednesday night watching the DVD for the Hershey show from 2003 and both agreed how much we missed going to the shows (went to 4 in the first leg). We then decided, what the hell, lets go to Pittsburgh. It was 4 hours away so we both got off work early on Friday and went up and the plan was to drive as far back as we could after the show and if we get tired to pull off and get some sleep.

I ordered tickets off Ticketbastard at 10am or so on Friday morning. I got Rear View seats assuming that the setup would be like all the other shows with people all the way around and the stage wide open. We ended up getting into Pittsburgh around 6:45 or so and went in and found our seats. To our dismay we found out that our section was the last rear section and the seats behind the stage were blocked off and there was a large black backing to the set. We were a bit disappointed because the back drop blocked our view a bit but we still had a pretty nice view of the entire stage and were right behind Mike. We also were the very first row in the section (Row C as A and B were blocked off) so that was cool.

The show gets underway and I'm into it as usual having a great time. Our section kind of blows with a fair amount of folks sitting down but I didn't give a shit. The wife and I were standing and into it and I was jumping around and clapping and singing and doing my best to make up for my shitty section. The first awesome thing for me was that Mike saw that I was going nuts up there and turned and pointed to me probably 6 or 7 times during the show. I thought that was as cool as it was going to get but I was wrong.

During RITFW, Eddie got his usual two tamborines and beat the shit out of them. He went to the other corner of the stage and threw one up into the equivalent section to us but on Stone's side. I started thinking to myself how sweet it would be if he came over to our side. So the song goes on and it gets toward the end and all of a sudden Eddie comes stumbing over to our corner. He gets to the very back corner of the stage probably about 10 feet away from my wife and I and points directly at me and says this is for you. He then throws the tamborine up to me and I catch it thankfully. He gives us a big smile and a peace sign and then heads back to the front of the stage.

I know he throws out a handful of tamborines each night so its not the most exclusive thing to have in the world but its the greatest thing to my wife and I because its something we never dreamed we would have.

Anyway, we ended up driving back after the show and got in at 4:15am. We had no troubles with the drive since I was on such an adrenaline rush.

Sorry about the long winded story but I had to tell it to someone :lol: Thanks for reading and here are some pictures!

edtamborine.JPG
edtamborine1.JPG
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nightwitchnightwitch Posts: 18
    seen you he walked all the way back to you and basically handed you the thing. I thought that was very cool of him not forgetting about the people behind them. there were not many people in your section. We were in C37 which were some kick ass seats and everybody who had tickets for that section were fighting off the ones who didn't all night.
    1992-07-29 Cuyahoga Falls
    1992-08-16 Pittsburgh
    1996-09-22 Toledo Ohio
    1998-08-26 Cuyahoga Falls
    2003-04-26 Pittsburgh
    2004-10-01 Reading
    2000-09-05 Pittsburgh
    2006-05-20 Cleveland
    2006-06-23 Pittsburgh
  • Options
    nightwitch wrote:
    seen you he walked all the way back to you and basically handed you the thing. I thought that was very cool of him not forgetting about the people behind them. there were not many people in your section. We were in C37 which were some kick ass seats and everybody who had tickets for that section were fighting off the ones who didn't all night.

I noticed a fair amount of folks down in B27 getting moved out because they didn't have tickets for there. The section I was in did blow for the most part. It was relatively full in the beginning but had a bunch of folks sitting down and a lot folks left after the main set. I didn't give a shit though as I was in the front row of it and I was going to have a kick ass time regardless of the idiots around me.
  • Options
    nightwitchnightwitch Posts: 18
    yeah it was bad and the ushers didn't care one bit we were basicly having guard duty as people went to the restroom
    1992-07-29 Cuyahoga Falls
    1992-08-16 Pittsburgh
    1996-09-22 Toledo Ohio
    1998-08-26 Cuyahoga Falls
    2003-04-26 Pittsburgh
    2004-10-01 Reading
    2000-09-05 Pittsburgh
    2006-05-20 Cleveland
    2006-06-23 Pittsburgh
  • Options
    awesome for you guys! i remember that and then i assume your wife was playing it the rest of the tune. good times!
    John C. Lyons, Filmmaker
    www.LyonsDenProductions.net

143XXX
    2006 Tour: 5/20/06 - Cleveland and 6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I watched you catch that!
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Nice story! See what you get for making the trip and having crap seats! You never know how things will turn out!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    awesome for you guys! i remember that and then i assume your wife was playing it the rest of the tune. good times!

yep, she was jamming out on it for the rest of RITFW and then YL.
  • Options
    vedderdays wrote:
    how about when he tripped and fell when he was coming over to the B2 side.... broke my heart... but he didnt stop rocking.... GOD I LOVE HIM!!!!! the lady next to me got the tambornine on my side... lucky bitch.... ;)

ANYONE ELSE ON HERE SITTING BY ME??

I saw the mayhem over that tambourine. Seem like there was a bit of a fight for it.
  • Options
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Nice story! See what you get for making the trip and having crap seats! You never know how things will turn out!

oxc

hahah exactly! I almost got E. Igloo Seats instead but decided to go with the Rear View ones because I thought it would be an interesting view and perspective. Glad I made that decision!
  • Options
    JebSkisJebSkis Posts: 1
    I soo saw him point you all out and throw it to you!!! Awesome. haha and I think theres a picture of you.....

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j289/CrazyMary77/PJ%20Pittsburgh%20June%2023%202006/?action=view&current=HPIM0455.jpg

Look in the background
  • Options
    JebSkis wrote:
    I soo saw him point you all out and throw it to you!!! Awesome. haha and I think theres a picture of you.....

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j289/CrazyMary77/PJ%20Pittsburgh%20June%2023%202006/?action=view&current=HPIM0455.jpg

Look in the background

thanks for the link! ya, I checked out his gallery. We are in like 15 of his pictures. Definitely very cool!!! I won't forget this night for a long time. Now I just need to get a nice case for the tambourine.