2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The greatest Russian goal scorer Alexander the Great is getting a nice shiny new contract…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Eichel to Vegas is the new hot thing
    You said he's a dick...so that's a good spot for him...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    Kind of, OK REALLY disappointed the Canes moved on from Mrazek and Ned. Both were awesome goalies that finally got the Canes into the playoffs. Have to see how the 2 new guys do. sigh Anderson and Raanta
    Moving on from Dougie is fine. I don't see the point in paying a defenseman crazy money when they score like 15 goals. Important, yes, 9 mil important, no. Pay them for defense, like Slavin - shut down anyone! 
    Really like the Bear pickup, cheap high ceiling. AND character guy, 1st youtube hit is him standing up to racism after one bad play last playoffs. 
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

Phil Danault has signed with the LA Kings, six years, $5.5M AAV

Good player but not worth that kind of $$$$.   
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Jumb0 said:
    Seems he's likely to retire. But I'm questioning why Chicago would make the move to bring in $7 million with Fleury. That puts them at the cap with only 12 F and 7 D signed. Guess the plan would be to fill out the roster with 2 way guys?
    I guess Chicago did send a player.  The NHL is ridiculous…Arizona is only in the league as salary dumping ground.

just do away with the cap…

and Vegas’s window is slamming shut fast…soon they’ll just be another team.

Sounds like Savard has agreed to a contract with Montreal…
    We watched Hakkaranein (sp) play several games with the Indy Fuel (ECHL).  We were always happy to see him come down from Rockford but trading him for Fleury seems really odd.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Danault & Edler.
    We needed a lefty D, even an old bastard like Edler.  He can be a 2nd or 3rd pair guy.
    Danault...a strong defensive Center, great faceoff, great on the kill.   

Not bad. 
    What is going to make the Kings go well over the next few years is if their stocked talent pool is groomed well.  If not, they will not be very good.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Jumb0 said:
    Seems he's likely to retire. But I'm questioning why Chicago would make the move to bring in $7 million with Fleury. That puts them at the cap with only 12 F and 7 D signed. Guess the plan would be to fill out the roster with 2 way guys?
    I guess Chicago did send a player.  The NHL is ridiculous…Arizona is only in the league as salary dumping ground.

We watched Hakkaranein (sp) play several games with the Indy Fuel (ECHL).  We were always happy to see him come down from Rockford but trading him for Fleury seems really odd.

I suppose they are trying to go for it one last time with Toews/Kane. We'll see if Fleury actually plays or just retires. 

Jumb0 said:

I think they just wanted to dump Fleury’s salary…

I do look forward to the day Arizona is given up for dead and moved…that day will come.  

Give Peas A Chance…
    Danault & Edler.
    We needed a lefty D, even an old bastard like Edler.  He can be a 2nd or 3rd pair guy.
    Danault...a strong defensive Center, great faceoff, great on the kill.   

Not bad. 
    What is going to make the Kings go well over the next few years is if their stocked talent pool is groomed well.  If not, they will not be very good.
    Phil likes pizza…make sure you send him la pizza recommendations.  Good player.  He will be missed in Montreal.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Molson, Canadiens must take meaningful action to repair damage of Mailloux pick (sportsnet.ca)

Looks like Montreal is starting to backtrack.  This kid will not get a contract from Montreal is my guess...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Montreal has upped their offer for Eichel?  They are waiting on his complete medical picture...This is the type of trade I see MB pulling off.

We will see...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    edited July 2021
    The more I read about it the more I wouldn't want to trade a significant piece nor give a big payday go him.  To say this is all Buffalo seems too easy.  Where there is smoke there tends to be fire
    Glad LA didn't go there.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Eichel has been a douche for years.  Lots of smoke there.

The Sabres are awful too
    Ha.  Take your word I'm sure you know better than any non-Sabre fan.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Give Peas A Chance…

Give Peas A Chance…
    Fleury has decided to play next year.  Chicago will have improved goaltending.

Tomas Tatar is off to NJ…

Ovechkin resigned and will continue his quest to surpass Gretzky…and barring an injury or a fast slippage of his skills I suspect he will at some point…but even Gretzky will say records are meant to be broken…
    Give Peas A Chance…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

Goddammmittttt  Now you guys will win it.  

Give Peas A Chance…
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    edited August 2021
    We (Canada) should be boycotting the Chinese Olympics if we had any stones
    we won’t

1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    I agree it should be boycotted by Canada for the hostage-taking of the 2 Micheals and boycotted by the west for the poor handling of Covid.

I don't see that happening, so I will root team Canada on.
    Give Peas A Chance…

Hockey Hall of Fame goaltender Tony Esposito dies at 78

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hall-of-fame-goaltender-tony-esposito-dies-78-1.6136822

RIP
    Give Peas A Chance…

Buffffffalooooooooo!!!
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Glendale terminating Coyotes' arena lease after 2021-22 season - swifttelecast

Even the arena folks don't want the tiny amount of money that this team pays in rent...

LMFAO...just sell them to Quebec.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    Glendale terminating Coyotes' arena lease after 2021-22 season - swifttelecast

Even the arena folks don't want the tiny amount of money that this team pays in rent...

LMFAO...just sell them to Quebec.
    Won’t happen. Will have to be in the West for balance. Houston, KC or OK City. Probably Houston as it is a huge market and surprisingly hockey is big in Texas

plus the owner of Quebec wants to separate from Canada 
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II