Famous PJ fans?

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited August 2019
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    neither is his....look im small I must be funny act

him n the rock need to go away, the fact they appeared in a film together, jesus

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited August 2019
    People change, you know. Also, they are complicated.

I don't know the man. I don't find him particularly funny. I don't think he could act his way out of a paper bag. I also think the resurfaced tweets are disgusting.

Having said that, he reached out and helped one of the funniest, most promising actors of our time when she was essentially homeless, so that certainly puts a few coins on the just side of the morality/karma scale, does it not? He has also apologized to the LGBTQ+ community, listened to their grievances, said that he has changed and stands with them in the fight for equality. He also put it to the LGBTQ+ community (of which, assuming from your catalogue of posts and threads detailing your heterosexual romantic relationships [or lack thereof], you are not a member) to accept his apology and take him at his word about his change. Up to that community if they want to dig in their heels and continue to be outraged or accept the olive branch and another soldier in the good fight.

Discrimination and prejudices are learned behaviors, and they can just as easily be unlearned. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Jeesh.  It's a sweet photo.

Well said, DK.

Someone loves the taint, methinks.
    hedonist said:

Well said, DK.

NTTAWWT
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Not to be cynical but that's now 3 celebrities wearing the same Stickman shirt in a couple months?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    hedonist said:

Well said, DK.

someone loves the taint?? please tell me what this means. lol
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

hedonist said:

Well said, DK.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge.”
    —Albert Einstein
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    pjl44 said:
    Not to be cynical but that's now 3 celebrities wearing the same Stickman shirt in a couple months?
    https://youtu.be/cfHHhqEdiZk
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:

Well said, DK.

—Albert Einstein
    A smart (and funny) man.

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    pjl44 said:
    I wonder how many have heard Pearl Jam before. These “vintage band” shirts are fashion statements now. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:

Well said, DK.

—Albert Einstein
    A smart (and funny) man.

:rofl:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144

I miss igotid88
    Pearl Jam related if you watch
    I miss igotid88
    I miss igotid88
    I miss igotid88
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    saw an interview with the Vegas Golden Knights Jack Eichel night of his first game and they asked him what he listened to on the way to the arena that night and he mentioned Pearl Jam.

There is a guy on Hockey Night in Canada who has the PJ20 Book in his background as well.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Heard this dude is infamous 

three amigos GIF
    www.cluthelee.com
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    pjhawks said:
    saw an interview with the Vegas Golden Knights Jack Eichel night of his first game and they asked him what he listened to on the way to the arena that night and he mentioned Pearl Jam.

There is a guy on Hockey Night in Canada who has the PJ20 Book in his background as well.
    I think that's Kevin Bieksa, a retired NHL defenceman. 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    Jack McDowell
    And somewhere I have a photo of Pete Sampras wearing a Bellingham Washington 2000 shirt.
    I feel like Eddie was Jack McDowell’s biggest fan more than anything. Or just thrilled to be friends with a baseball player.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22

I miss igotid88
  • Heard this dude is infamous 

three amigos GIF
    This movie was a big part of my childhood!  “Would you say I have a plethora of piñatas?” “the German says to wait here” etc 
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,604
    Jennifer Aniston and Michael J. Fox. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • B-GirlB-Girl Posts: 105
    I saw Jason Segel catching their set at Jazz Fest, New Orleans 2010
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,743
    Don’t tell the Even Bros. Someone tell Iga nobody is allowed to like Even Flow because a few douchebags don’t like it.
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    dankind said:

I don't know the man. I don't find him particularly funny. I don't think he could act his way out of a paper bag. I also think the resurfaced tweets are disgusting.

Having said that, he reached out and helped one of the funniest, most promising actors of our time when she was essentially homeless, so that certainly puts a few coins on the just side of the morality/karma scale, does it not? He has also apologized to the LGBTQ+ community, listened to their grievances, said that he has changed and stands with them in the fight for equality. He also put it to the LGBTQ+ community (of which, assuming from your catalogue of posts and threads detailing your heterosexual romantic relationships [or lack thereof], you are not a member) to accept his apology and take him at his word about his change. Up to that community if they want to dig in their heels and continue to be outraged or accept the olive branch and another soldier in the good fight.

Discrimination and prejudices are learned behaviors, and they can just as easily be unlearned. 
    His other films suck (Fatherhood wasn't the worst), but True Story (limited series) was super good because of him. He knocked it out of the park. Just responding to your comment about his acting skills.... I feel like he's grown in that arena anyway. He's another one of those comedians who are way better actors when they are playing serious roles. Just like Robin Williams and Jim Carrey.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

His other films suck (Fatherhood wasn't the worst), but True Story (limited series) was super good because of him. He knocked it out of the park. Just responding to your comment about his acting skills.... I feel like he's grown in that arena anyway. He's another one of those comedians who are way better actors when they are playing serious roles. Just like Robin Williams and Jim Carrey.
    What movies were either of those two guys better in than the funny movies they made?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved