MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I see I wasn't the only one who didn't like the coverage of the HRD.

Glad I set  DVR and watched later. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Bobbing and dancing are douchey but throwing the last football game of the year is cool.  Got to love Philly fans.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mcgruff10 said:
    Bobbing and dancing are douchey but throwing the last football game of the year is cool.  Got to love Philly fans.  
    No that was smart. Would've been more difficult to jump back up and get Devonta Smith if they hadn't.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    It's amusing to me that people have a problem with a Phillies fan calling a Mets player a douche. Lol.

He totally is, though. Rationalize the stupid bobbing and dancing all you want but....yes, it definitely checks all the douche boxes. He is most assuredly a douche. 

Is there a player in baseball that dances more than McCutchen?

Pete Alonso. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    :lol:  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    mcgruff10 said:
    Do you really think Pederson played Sudfeld to spite the Giants?  I wasn't a fan of it but I don't think it was to fuck over the Giants. That was just a nice side benefit for us Eagles fans.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    It's amusing to me that people have a problem with a Phillies fan calling a Mets player a douche. Lol.

He totally is, though. Rationalize the stupid bobbing and dancing all you want but....yes, it definitely checks all the douche boxes. He is most assuredly a douche. 

Pete Alonso. 
    Touché 

Pete Alonso. 
    Touché 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Do you really think Pederson played Sudfeld to spite the Giants?  I wasn't a fan of it but I don't think it was to fuck over the Giants. That was just a nice side benefit for us Eagles fans.
    Throwing a game is always a douche move. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited July 2021
    Mcgruff? lol. Come on man.

Giants fans still upset over the Eagles playing their back ups in the second half of a meaningless final game of the season eight months after the fact is waaaay more weird than a Phils fan calling Pete Alonso a douche bag for....acting like a douche bag last night. 

EDIT---not to mention, us doing that actually helped your stupid team. You think you would've been better off winning an historically terrible division only to get smoked by the eventual Super Bowl champions the following week and having the 19th pick in the draft? OR not making the playoffs and having the 11th pick which allowed you to do this: 
    https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2021/05/13/espn-ranks-new-york-giants-first-round-trade-best-2021-nfl-draft/

Again, you're welcome.

Sincerely, Philadelphia
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Rockies fans should be booing their owner right now. How you let Arenado go I have no idea. Same goes for Boston with Mookie.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,145
    Rockies fans should be booing their owner right now. How you let Arenado go I have no idea. Same goes for Boston with Mookie.
    It's worked for Boston twice when they got rid of big contracts.
    I miss igotid88
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    igotid88 said:
    What’s Mr. Hamm up to these days?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    The dirt…is purple. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    The dirt…is purple. 
    I didn’t even notice.  Can’t take my eyes off those hideous uniforms…
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Yeah I can hang with the NL ones, although I prefer their actual unis
    The AL ones are really, really, awful.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,145
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    What’s Mr. Hamm up to these days?
    Jon Hamm? I don't know. I'm not a red sox fan. Although he's a Cardinals fan I believe
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    This is a good conversation on the ball, sticky stuff, the strike zone, shifts, pace of play, etc.

https://www.theringer.com/2021/7/8/22567592/theo-epstein-is-ready-for-baseball-to-change

Theo is a smart guy, clearly
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I’m excited for the second half of the season. Should be interesting to see what happens at the deadline. Good luck to all of your teams.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Didn't Arenado demand to be traded?

Mookie Betts didn't want to be in Boston. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    the angels picked pitchers with EVERY ONE of their draft picks? :tired_face:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    the angels picked pitchers with EVERY ONE of their draft picks? :tired_face:

Yep all 22 rds I believe.  You see their pitching staff the past oh, 15 years?  They have had 2 good ones come out of the pipeline.  They NEED pitching.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I just loved the all star game and loved watching it with my kid.

Such a great crop of young stars in this game with more on the way.  
    MayDay10 said:
    I just loved the all star game and loved watching it with my kid.

Such a great crop of young stars in this game with more on the way.  
    A bunch were missing too.

What players was your kid most interested in watching?
    I went to bed once the Reds players were out and Ohtani was out, but I enjoyed what I saw [minus the AL unis] and will watch the rest of DVR.

Crazy how many youngsters were there, that was really cool.  Loved that some of the players seemed to be having so much fun.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    He was always a huge Lindor fan.  Im an Indians fan and he kind of defaulted toward that and he plays SS.  He is 8, so he most often follows me at this point I guess.

But now we have been to a bunch of Blue Jays games here and he loves the Jays.  He is obsessed with Bichette.  Also was pumped to see Guerrero Jr, Semien, and Hernandez.

But he knows a lot of the guys there.  Likes Tatis, Ohtani, Machado, Freeman, Winker, Jose Ramirez, Scherzer, etc.  He loved the HR derby too and was pumped watching Alonso.
    MayDay10 said:
    He was always a huge Lindor fan.  Im an Indians fan and he kind of defaulted toward that and he plays SS.  He is 8, so he most often follows me at this point I guess.

But now we have been to a bunch of Blue Jays games here and he loves the Jays.  He is obsessed with Bichette.  Also was pumped to see Guerrero Jr, Semien, and Hernandez.

But he knows a lot of the guys there.  Likes Tatis, Ohtani, Machado, Freeman, Winker, Jose Ramirez, Scherzer, etc.  He loved the HR derby too and was pumped watching Alonso.

That is awesome.
    My 7 year old knows zero baseball players, although he says he likes baseball. 
    He can tell you almost every guy on the starting grid by # of a NASCAR race, though.
    [And that is not influenced by me, the kids loves everything "cars"]
    MayDay10 said:

A lot of younger kids like Bichette.  I hope he gets more love from everyone else.  Solid player.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    MayDay10 said:

The Lightning McQueen effect.
    Went through it a bit with my kid when he was similar age, he watched a little Nascar as a result, but never caught the bug like yours has.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    edited July 2021
    Poncier said:
    MayDay10 said:

The Lightning McQueen effect.
    Went through it a bit with my kid when he was similar age, he watched a little Nascar as a result, but never caught the bug like yours has.
    Yeah he still has Cars gear (swim trunks, backpack, etc) and when he grows up he wants to be a truck driver or race car driver.  :lol:.