No Code 25th reissue

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    demetrios said:
    What did i buy 5 yrs ago if this is the first time it’s on vinyl since 1996?
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    demetrios said:
    What did i buy 5 yrs ago if this is the first time it’s on vinyl since 1996?
    I know right? They updated their description. 

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    demetrios said:
    I find it funny that even Easy Street is just copy and pasting the incorrect information about this release. They must have no idea that they sold No Code on vinyl in 2016.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    And gone.  
    kramer73 said:
    And gone.  

• Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    Genuinely starting to hate the Ten Club. Email received 3 mins ago. Logged on ASAP. Sold out. Not sure why I even bother. Emails better off going to spam folder.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • aidt17aidt17 Posts: 610
    I haven’t even gotten the email to have read about it and it’s sold out 
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    Pretty sure I have the last reissue of this.  I know it has been talked about but is there a difference at all in these?
  • RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    I guess the 2016 pressing must have been a small run?  I have both the 1996 and 2016 versions, so what would be different about this version?  Still irked about missing out on the clear vinyl.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • AW124797AW124797 Posts: 641
    Edved82 said:
    Genuinely starting to hate the Ten Club. Email received 3 mins ago. Logged on ASAP. Sold out. Not sure why I even bother. Emails better off going to spam folder.
    It's available for pre-order at local record stores, Target, etc...
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,486
    isn't this just a pre order of the standard black vinyl edition that will be released soon???
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
    edited July 2021
    AW124797 said:
    Edved82 said:
    Preorders for this everywhere. Only way you miss this, is if you don't try. Btw, how is 10C is sold out for their pre-sale. Guess they want us to support other retailers. Nice lookin' out.

What I really want to know is if this is a repress of the 2016 or if it has been re-cut.
    Post edited by MedozK on
    edited July 2021
    MedozK said:
    What I really want to know is if this is a repress of the 2016 or if it has been re-cut.

I would like know that too.

I placed an order with 10club & Amazon. The No Code 2016 packaging's were different in shape. Euro release was thicker then the USA release.

Made in EU (Amazon Canada) Top
    (10club) Bottom

Post edited by demetrios on
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    MedozK said:
    AW124797 said:
    Edved82 said:
    Preorders for this everywhere. Only way you miss this, is if you don't try. Btw, how is 10C is sold out for their pre-sale. Guess they want us to support other retailers. Nice lookin' out.

Yeah, kinda strange how they "managed" to procure some copies for preorder.  
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I did like that they were pretty transparent with the info in the newsletter.  Here's some copies for 10c members, it will be available at retail on this date.   It's nice to have all the info.
  • FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 402
    Ya I received no email today at all
  • edited July 2021
    Why did they market the black vinyl as “limited” if its exactly the same as the mass produced version that’s readily available at amazon and other retailers for less shipped. It sold out fast too! Yield is still available on their website, it doesnt say limited quantities cause its the same mass produced one you can buy on amazon or at your local record store right now.

i cant imagine its exactly the same as the retail version and if it is why did they market it as “limited” quantities for ten club only unlike Yield which again is still in stock on their webstore, it wouldnt have sold out this fast either they would have had way more stock.

If it ends up being exactly the same well im sure everyone who po’d from them including me will be pissed off. I still have my po from amazon and its cheaper to buy from them. They shouldn’t market things as limited if they mean its only limited stock for them- (why they would do that boggles my mind cause every other mass produced item they sell on their site does not say limited and is available- even albums like lets play 2 that are sold out everywhere else)- cause thats some misleading bs 
    Post edited by Getoutofmyfuckinface on
    Why did they market the black vinyl as “limited” if its exactly the same as the mass produced version that’s readily available at amazon and other retailers for less shipped. It sold out fast too! Yield is still available on their website, it doesnt say limited quantities cause its the same mass produced one you can buy on amazon or at your local record store right now.

i cant imagine its exactly the same as the retail version and if it is why did they market it as “limited” quantities for ten club only unlike Yield which again is still in stock on their webstore, it wouldnt have sold out this fast either they would have had way more stock.

If it ends up being exactly the same well im sure everyone who po’d from them including me will be pissed off. I still have my po from amazon and its cheaper to buy from them. They shouldn’t market things as limited if they mean its only limited stock for them- (why they would do that boggles my mind cause every other mass produced item they sell on their site does not say limited and is available- even albums like lets play 2 that are sold out everywhere else)- cause thats some misleading bs 
    The black vinyl version they sold today is exactly the same as all other retailers.
  • edited July 2021

The black vinyl version they sold today is exactly the same as all other retailers.

• edited July 2021
    How do i delete a post? I tried to quote a fellow poster and messed up lol

Damn man if its the same version why did they call it limited, have so little copies to sell and why did they even bother making it 10 club exclusive knowing damn well that most all 10c members already had the black vinyl version on po at amazon or local record stores. 

How do you know its exactly the same?
     I assume its this line “ No Code Reissue Black Vinyl will be available on release date, Friday, August 13th wherever records are sold” 

I didnt see the official email until after i po’d, i admit that line makes me think its the same but again it doesnt say that specifically it just says a black vinyl version will be available to retailers-so i am going to hold out hope that there is some 10c difference between the two releases lol 

I still dont get why they would have limited copies of a mass produced reissue

• PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    I think they are having a hard time gauging demand for No Code LP and quickly running out again and are trying to avoid the
    inevitable shit storm that follows. We have x amount, if we sell out you need to chase it down next month through other means.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
    Its going to be in record stores   Last time around Yield and No Code were all over Barnes and Noble for years.  Yield still is.  
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,595
    Does this come with all 9 polaroids?  Perhaps that's the only difference. I don't need it but good for those that do.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Loujoe said:
    Does this come with all 9 polaroids?  Perhaps that's the only difference. I don't need it but good for those that do.
    Yes
    I miss igotid88
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I think they are having a hard time gauging demand for No Code LP and quickly running out again and are trying to avoid the
    inevitable shit storm that follows. We have x amount, if we sell out you need to chase it down next month through other means.
    Yeah, demand seems difficult to gauge for me. Who is interested in this? My guess is only those who need every version to display on their shelves. I gave up on that a long time ago. And it’s not like NC is seeing some resurgence and is topping the charts again.  So the other group would be PJ fans who only got into vinyl 2 or 3 years ago, because like someone else said this was available for a few years after the last release.  Those groups can’t be too many, I have a feeling you’ll see a surplus of this reissue for years to come.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    It would be great if it re-entered the Billboard 200 in the top 5. But it will take at least 50k in sales to have a chance.
    I miss igotid88
    You definitely can’t put No Code on a shelf at Walmart or Target.  It won’t sell.  The same copies sat at my local bookstores and record stores for years until this year when supply was finally drying up.  Im sure they all got flipped. 

It can’t be pressed like the five Metallica records you see at Walmart.  
    Its going to be in record stores   Last time around Yield and No Code were all over Barnes and Noble for years.  Yield still is.  

Not sure these days as vinyl manufacturing has been limited.
  • eRock10eRock10 Posts: 118
    Has anyone heard anything on the clear vinyl they ordered?