10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    I miss igotid88
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited June 2021
    His original Late Night show was one of my favorite TV shows ever. Max and the band, the masturbating bear, pimpbot, Joel the announcer, Preparation H Raymond, etc,, I just couldn't get enough of that show. With him gone, Late Night TV is nothing to me now. Loved him and Letterman, and was also a big Craig Kilbourn fan (wish he wasn't on against Conan). Can't stand Colbert, Kimmel, or Fallon. I'd take Leno over the three of them. 

Here's a couple of my favorite moments....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9uDnfFyHAc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3nRFnBEZCc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9YsB443A8k
    https://youtu.be/SzcyXnvfROE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yTZ_uEvTv0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2_SvX4PEbU

From the TBS show, I always liked Tony The Cameraman. This sketch in particular is gold....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDF4IVg2Y9I

Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Yeah his Late Night show was incredibly funny back in the 90's. I was watching clips of him playing random Walker Texas Ranger clips this morning. LOL.....that's what I thought was so great about his show and humor: random nonsense. Those John Rocker skits were hilarious too.

I even liked his Tonight Show stint, although there was a drop off. They should have given him more of a chance there.

The TBS shows, however, have been mostly garbage. I am assuming he's had an entirely different set of writers for the last decade or so...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    "Thank god for Saddam Hussein"

HAHAHAHA......totally forgot about that one
    chinese-happy.jpg

One of my favorite bits ever. I first saw that on Conan's 5th anniversary show. I taped it and it was on a VHS with the final episode of Seinfeld that had just aired a few weeks prior. 

This is good for any Godfather fans out there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCLzW56T3ts
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

One of my favorite bits ever. I first saw that on Conan's 5th anniversary show. I taped it and it was on a VHS with the final episode of Seinfeld that had just aired a few weeks prior. 

I was in the audience for the 5th anniversary show. It was at the SNL studio 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

That's cool. Lots of big guests as I remember....including Adam Sandler and Pimpbot

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    igotid88 said:

That's cool. Lots of big guests as I remember....including Adam Sandler and Pimpbot
    Yes. Most of it is a blur to me now. I was also at the Letterman 2nd anniversary show. But I think I was the 2nd audience because only Linda Evangelista showed up for the Top 10.
    I think I went to 5 or 6 Late Night with Conan shows. And 2 Conan at the Apollo shows 
    I miss igotid88
    My friend actually invited Conan to his wedding. Conan didn't go, but did respond to the invitation....

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    My friend actually invited Conan to his wedding. Conan didn't go, but did respond to the invitation....

that's cool....I hope he thrives on HBO...dude is hilarious

Do you remember a skit they used to do with a wolfboy or wolf caller or something?  I googled it and can't find anything on it.  It was recurring for awhile.  Maybe I have my shows mixed up?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    So the HBO thing is a variety show right? Anyone know any details?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Yeah his Late Night show was incredibly funny back in the 90's. I was watching clips of him playing random Walker Texas Ranger clips this morning. LOL.....that's what I thought was so great about his show and humor: random nonsense. Those John Rocker skits were hilarious too.

I even liked his Tonight Show stint, although there was a drop off. They should have given him more of a chance there.

The TBS shows, however, have been mostly garbage. I am assuming he's had an entirely different set of writers for the last decade or so...
    Totally agree.
    Late Night was hilarious!  It seemed like if they had any idea that seemed funny, they went with it.  That Walker Texas Ranger lever thing is a perfect example.  Fn hilarious!  Watched every night.
    The Tonight Show was alright.  I watched, but it really seemed like NBC wanted to reel him in a bit and make him more digestible to an earlier/lamer/Lay Leno-type audience.  
    TBS is almost unwatchable.  It's just soooo boring.  Nothing creative or edgy about it.  Conan Without Boarders was good as was anything with Jordan Schlansky.
    It's weird because I still listen to his podcast, which is hilarious.  He's like a completely different person on his podcast vs his TBS show.
    It was a good run and I'll def check out what he does on HBO Max.
    mca47 said:

Totally agree.
    Late Night was hilarious!  It seemed like if they had any idea that seemed funny, they went with it.  That Walker Texas Ranger lever thing is a perfect example.  Fn hilarious!  Watched every night.
    The Tonight Show was alright.  I watched, but it really seemed like NBC wanted to reel him in a bit and make him more digestible to an earlier/lamer/Lay Leno-type audience.  
    TBS is almost unwatchable.  It's just soooo boring.  Nothing creative or edgy about it.  Conan Without Boarders was good as was anything with Jordan Schlansky.
    It's weird because I still listen to his podcast, which is hilarious.  He's like a completely different person on his podcast vs his TBS show.
    The TBS show is underrated.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    mca47 said:

Totally agree.
    Yeah I am sure the ratings have been low for a while. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
    igotid88 said:
    mca47 said:

Totally agree.
    Ratings doesn't mean a show is good or bad. Many good shows have been canceled in the first season because of bad ratings
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    mca47 said:

Totally agree.
    Ratings doesn't mean a show is good or bad. Many good shows have been canceled in the first season because of bad ratings
    Yeah but in my opinion, his TBS show was a steaming pile of horse manure. So, in that respect, I can understand why the ratings were bad. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited June 2021
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    mca47 said:

Totally agree.
    Yeah but in my opinion, his TBS show was a steaming pile of horse manure. So, in that respect, I can understand why the ratings were bad. 

It wasn't. I mean it can never be the Late Night years. But there were many gems in the TBS years. 
    Hard to compete with Louis C.K., Brian Stack, Brian McCann, and Robert Smigel
    I miss igotid88
    The TBS show was fine. I think he did a good job of coming up with new stuff since NBC owned the IP of all the classic old bits. And I actually think the interviews were better, probably just due to him being more experienced with it. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    The interviews were good. I just thought everything else was incredibly lame and I never felt that way with his old show. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Conan should have won
    I miss igotid88
    Conan is like Pearl Jam. They deserve all the awards. But rarely win or get nominated #Emmys
    I miss igotid88
    Conan getting the most laughs from his seat. Emmys
    I miss igotid88