Options

what are the vic rules for these things

pj14pj14 Posts: 105
edited July 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
are we allowed to bring in a sealed water bottle, are we allowed to take pictures,and what time do u think well be able to get in line at. i heard u cant camp overnight there to get in line. thanks if any1 knows. i tried calling the venue but, they were closed
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dthomasdthomas Posts: 99
    pj14 wrote:
    are we allowed to bring in a sealed water bottle, are we allowed to take pictures,and what time do u think well be able to get in line at. i heard u cant camp overnight there to get in line. thanks if any1 knows. i tried calling the venue but, they were closed
    I highly doubt the police will allow overnight camping out there.It is a busy intersection for pedestrian traffic.

No water bottles are allowed in no, just like any other venue. A small camera (aren't they all small now?) should be fine.
    30+ Shows over 15 years
    http://www.fightingthesuburbs.com
  • Options
    to get to shefield i forgot. it by belomont and clack by punkin donuts. i forgot i havent been in that area for years
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    dthomas wrote:
    I highly doubt the police will allow overnight camping out there.It is a busy intersection for pedestrian traffic.

No water bottles are allowed in no, just like any other venue. A small camera (aren't they all small now?) should be fine.
    cameras (non-pro, not detachable lens, as per usual) and recording is allowed, I checked with 10c.

out of curiosity, under which law can the police stop you standing in the street all night if you please?
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Pegasus wrote:
    out of curiosity, under which law can the police stop you standing in the street all night if you please?
    Peg.. I'm sure the american law enforcers would be able to find loads of reasons.... loitering maybe? And if you're sleeping, vagrancy?
  • Options
    the police could do whatever they want even if i wanted to i will not spend the night on a sidewalk i already did that for the ed who show at hob and it was terrible.
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    Audio recording is allowed?? Someone should get on that.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Pegasus wrote:
    cameras (non-pro, not detachable lens, as per usual) and recording is allowed, I checked with 10c.

loitering... tresspassing...
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    vagrancy is not legal in chicago
    and they frown on loitering as well
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 9
    Loitering...what a ridiculous law. Seems to me if you're standing in front of a concert venue the night before a show and by doing that secures you a better position in the show it is far from aimless.

And certainly with purpose.

It's so 1900.
    FTP
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    I was a vagrant and loitered for 30 hours to get an Irving Plaza ticket last year.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    4Powers20 wrote:
    I was a vagrant and loitered for 30 hours to get an Irving Plaza ticket last year.
    You little devil... :D You'll end up a hardened criminal if you continue like that! No more gigs for you! :D
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    Pegasus wrote:

I wonder when the 10C will realize that small cameras are reaching pro levels, and if they do will they change the rules.

Any basic loitering law can keep you off the street if they choose to enforce it.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Chicago Police do not like you fucking with them. Just my advice. I suggest doing whatever they may ask, and not be a dick about it if it actually becomes an issue. Unless you like handcuffs and nightsticks then go ahead and camp all night and then tell them they are fuckers when they ask you to move.
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    Sawyer wrote:
    is there a parking garage across the street from the Vic?
    yes there is
    the residences parking or something like that
    goto
    http://www.victheater.com
    click directions tab
    they have the parking garage info listed there
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    Dreamfire2Dreamfire2 Posts: 161
    luvistower wrote:
    yes there is
    the residences parking or something like that
    goto
    http://www.victheater.com
    click directions tab
    they have the parking garage info listed there

Cubs are playing in afternoon at Wrigley that day so unless you get there really early might be questionable as well as other parking in the area.
  • Options
    a parking garage by the vic could someone tell me who lives around there thanks
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    pj14 wrote:
    a parking garage by the vic could someone tell me who lives around there thanks

look two posts above you buddy

Cameras are allowed? Awesome!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    my2hands wrote:
    loitering... tresspassing...
    tresspassing? on a public pavement?

isn't it loitering with intent? intent to what? get in the place legally, having paid to do so? :D

but seriously..if they say we can't stay all night, then they have to give a time from when you can... I mean how is it loitering at 2am but it isn't at 2pm if you're in exactly the same place?
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    Trust me on this one, they enforce the loitering more for your safety than anything. If you sleep outside on the street in Chicago, you will be robbed and possibly stabbed. There is currently a man sexually assualting women in a very nice part of the city and two pro basketball players have been victims of home invasion in the last month. Please be safe everyone and don't let emotion get the better of you.

Also, regarding the Chicago police, the previous post is 100% accurate. They will ask you ONCE to comply, if you choose not to comply, they will make the decision for you.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.