just got some for Manchester....can't freakin wait :D
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    What what??
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    HeavyHands wrote:

Yeah, I just found that...

Meh.
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    skippybrew wrote:
    Meh.

Indeed.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    No it doesn't, not with out Josh. Fuck that noise.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    I saw them in 93 opening for Faith No More, and they were incredible. But without Josh, i'm skeptical. I'm pretty sure that Nick and Josh haven't spoke in years so i doubt we'll get a proper reunion for a long time.
  • Options
    I saw them open up for White Zombie in '95. They were so good. If Josh isn't in, then I'm out.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Yea so frickin insane, they are playing 5 minute walk from me waaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Options
    pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    without josh it's not kyuss. no dice.
  • Options
    Hence why they are not under the moniker Kyuss but Kyuss Lives.

The shows will be ace, remember a few bands who have got loads of plaudits off this board when they got back playing without an original member, You guys are so fickle.

I dont like qotsa anyhow so I don't hold homme on a pedestal, kyuss were more than just fuckin' homme.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    pjfan021 wrote:
    True but John Garcia wouldn't work with anyone inadequate in his place and we don't need Josh Homme's voice so no skin off this nose. Plenty bands get away missing key members, as long as it sounds good on the night. Glasgow for me!! I was just listening to ..Sky Valley at work today too. Cool, Kyuss and Mogwai in the space of a fortnight! :)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    pjfan021 wrote:

jeeze there is always 1 retard.

Can't have everything, i'm very sad Josh isn't in it and is a huge part of them but oh well your gonna miss out on some kyuss action.
  • Options
    I saw Garcia join Queens on stage at the Wiltern a few years ago. That was more Kyuss than tis will be. Can't be Kyuss without Josh.
  • Options
    pjfan021 wrote:

this
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    pjfan021 wrote:

Can't have everything, i'm very sad Josh isn't in it and is a huge part of them but oh well your gonna miss out on some kyuss action.

That is like saying man Ed quit Pearl Jam but its just some random singing, oh well if you dont go to the show youre gonna miss out on some pearl jam action. Sometimes a single member is so integral to a band it is not the same without them. Josh Homme is that member in Kyuss.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    pjfan021 wrote:

Also, this is hilarious becuase youre the only person in this thread who didnt say that. Wonder who the one retard is? ;)
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I will check these guys out if they come through Atlanta.

Sure it won't be the same but he is just going to be playing Josh's guitar parts. Now when they start trying to record orginal music i will be skeptical I mean Josh brought a LOT to the table on that end in my opinion.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Now when they start trying to record orginal music

Have you seen somewhere that this is the plan? I assume the "new guy" is just a hired gun, but if they were to try and record something new (which I doubt..), that would actually add some credibility to this tour.
  • Options
    wow dude, take it easy. no need to start bashing me for having an opinion. alice in chains w/o layne is possible cause jerry wrote a lot of that and sang a lot of it too. layne's got a great voice but was replaceable. josh homme is not replaceable since he has one of the most distinct guitar tones in metal ever and its gonna be pretty weird hearing some other guy playing riffs that josh wrote...and not quite that well. but i'll be glad to be proved wrong.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    skippybrew wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    Now when they start trying to record orginal music

Have you seen somewhere that this is the plan? I assume the "new guy" is just a hired gun, but if they were to try and record something new (which I doubt..), that would actually add some credibility to this tour.
    No not at all. I have not seen that anywhere
    BUT
    That seems to be how all these reunions start. A tour for old times sake.
    More touring because they are making money
    Hey maybe we can make an album because inevitably when you are on the road you are playing shit.

so just guessing that at some point they might try to pull it off.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,690
    I totally agree...there's no Kyuss without Josh.

Brant, John, and Nick are all awesome musicians, and I'm sure it'll be a great tour and obviously very fun...but Josh is just such a key element to the band that it just sours the whole thing for me.

Brian Johnson and the other members of AC/DC can get together minus Angus Young and likely be able to pull off a tour...no problem...anyone can play those guitar parts....but it still wouldn't be the same.

It would be the "Elephant in the Room" tour...

The Beach Boys know this better than anyone.
  • Options
    The point is who cares that Josh isn't in it which is ironic because I do care because yeah who is gonna rinse up the Freedom Run break down etc and his tone is filthy but im a huge friggin fan and have never been able to see Hermano, Slo Burn or Unida so to see Garcia even on his own would be insane (couldn't make his Garcia Plays Kyuss) and bonus I get to see 3/4 Kyuss. It's like there isn't a negative or we arn't loosing anything by 3/4 of Kyuss getting back together and playing.

The Guitarist is the same one who was on Garcia Plays Kyuss so he isn't a total noob but I need to watch some youtube vids.

Just people say blah blah blah isn't there so they aren't that band and insinuate they shouldn't do what they are going to do i.e. make a new record or tour.

Hopefully Josh will come to his senses and end his crap band and re join Kyuss.
  • Options
    i never said they shouldn't tour, if they want to go for it. i don't give a shit. i just have no desire to see the band play without josh. And josh coming to his senses? I think he's doing alright with QOTSA, TCV, desert sessions, new label....I think they'll all get back together for something at some point, and i'll check that out, but he's got a lot of good shit going for him.
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Brisk. wrote:
    pjfan021 wrote:

Wow, you're nice. I dind't know having a differing opinion made one retarded.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    This will be bad ass. Yes Josh won't be there, but the guy that wrote a ton of their music will be in Brant Bjork. This needs to happen in the US.

Would it be that much better with Homme? Of course it would!!! But he's rich from QOTSA and TCV and has mentioned in numerous interviews he wouldn't ever do the Kyuss reunion. So these guys did the next best thing. People have been dying for this to happen and it finally will.
    Irvine 92,Indio 93,San Fran 95,San Diego 95x2,San Diego 98,LA 98x2,San Diego 00,San Bern 00,Irvine 03,San Diego 03,Las Vegas 03,Santa Barbara 03,Vancouver 05,LA 06x2,Santa Barbara 06,Cincy 06,Leeds 06,Reading 06,Portland 09,LA 09x3,San Diego 09,NYC 10x2, PHX 13, SD 13, LAx2 13, Cincy 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Dana Point 21x2
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    Didn't know Nick and Brant formed a band called Stöner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KSEVt2y4Go

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,039
    Didn't know Nick and Brant formed a band called Stöner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KSEVt2y4Go

They are opening for Clutch later this year!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    weird how they have two albums coming out, live in the mojave desert June 11, and stoners rule june 25. live record first. interesting. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,012
    weird how they have two albums coming out, live in the mojave desert June 11, and stoners rule june 25. live record first. interesting. 
    What is interesting is I may have seen these guys play and not even knew what I was watching...