Options

ABBA is back

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,943
edited April 2018 in Other Music

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Well that's a shame lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    I like a few ABBA songs. There certainly is worse out there...
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Isn’t that one of the signs of the apocalypse?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Björn Ulvaeus hints at it might be more than two songs.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    How many $billions did it take?  :lol:  Just kidding.

ABBA was once a band I thought of as very flaky.  But then I read an article in which Robert Fripp said some marvelous things about their music.  I'm still not a fan but only because it's not the kind of music I listen to.  That doesn't make it bad music.  That experiences was one of a few that initially prompted my adherence to the concept that there is no such thing as "bad music".  There's just music I like and music I don't care for.

I wish ABBA all the best in their renewed efforts.  I might even give it a listen!  :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Björn Ulvaeus has confirmed that 2021 will see new music from ABBA.

It will be the first time the Swedish group have released new music in 40 years. The last album the group released was ‘The Visitors’ in 1981.

Speaking to The Herald Sun, Ulvaeus said: “There will be new music this year, that is definite, it’s not a case anymore of it might happen, it will happen.”

He also went on to reveal more about the group’s time back in the studio.

He added: “We’re really, really good friends. The four of us stand in the studio for the first time in 40 years and there’s just something in knowing what we’ve been through. It’s hard to describe, but there are such strong, strong bonds between us.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/bjorn-ulvaeus-says-new-music-from-abba-is-definitely-on-the-way-this-year-2938095

• Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 810
    I don't like ABBA but they're my fiancée's favourite band. I like the excitement about anything to do with them though, it's a lot like Zeppelin to me. She bought me a ticket to PJ in Stockholm for my birthday once so I hope to repay her with a ticket to the ABBA experience there in future, and/or one of those avatar shows.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    JT167846 said:
    I don't like ABBA but they're my fiancée's favourite band. I like the excitement about anything to do with them though, it's a lot like Zeppelin to me. She bought me a ticket to PJ in Stockholm for my birthday once so I hope to repay her with a ticket to the ABBA experience there in future, and/or one of those avatar shows.
    You didn't visit the ABBA museum when you were in Stockholm?

• Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 810
    Wasn't open at the time.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    New songs tomorrow. 

Will they be better than Gigaton? 

STAY TUNED.

• Options
  • Options

• Options
    It has started
  • Options
    Pearl Jam should respect ABBA more and play Sweden more often.
  • Options
    Two songs up on Spotify.
  • Options

• Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    edited September 2021
    I will get this when its released. Their last album Visitors is excellent. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    I don't like ABBA but man it's awesome to see so many people lose their marbles over this. My fiancée is one-but she doesn't pay much attention to their goings on online so I got to drag her over to my speaker and see her face as she copped on that it was a new ABBA song. Very special.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,250
    Not at all a fan of that type of music, but you can't deny that Abba wrote some genius songs. Those vocal melodies are pretty much unmatched in pop music. I think it's great to see them back together. Absolute legends.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    I will get this when its released. Their last album Visitors is excellent. 
    Yup
  • Options
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    Abbatars?
    WTF?